Tesla Cybertruck

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
That assumes you hit the right charging stations though. They aren't all that fast
That is correct, but that's identified. And they are constantly adding more stations and improving charging times. The Tesla mapping feature knows your range and is going to show you the stations in your range. Plus you don't need a full charge to be on your way. Not being able to find a station isn't a problem. Most people charge at home and that's more than enough to get them through a week. If they go on a trip the check the map beforehand. It takes some pre-planning which is the downside. I'd rather not think about it and just stop for gas when the light comes on.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That is correct, but that's identified. And they are constantly adding more stations and improving charging times. The Tesla mapping feature knows your range and is going to show you the stations in your range. Plus you don't need a full charge to be on your way. Not being able to find a station isn't a problem. Most people charge at home and that's more than enough to get them through a week. If they go on a trip the check the map beforehand. It takes some pre-planning which is the downside. I'd rather not think about it and just stop for gas when the light comes on.
I think these things will become way more popular once they can start outraging gas powered vehicles.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I don't know what respectable pickup owner would buy an EV but, like you, most pickup owners aren't respectable.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what respectable pickup owner would buy an EV but, like you, most pickup owners aren't respectable.
truck owners care about torque.
EVs are all torque.

When towing capacity and range beat gas regularly, it will get interesting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Load that ecoboost with a 10K trailer and that 22 mpg goes to about 7. Couple of friends have them. But yes they do run well.
My 8.1 gets 9-12 empty or full.
Do you pull 10k lbs often? How many days a year?

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
My gooseneck alone is 6K and I pull it all over. Add 4K for Jeep or 6K for tractor, So yes I pull over 10K all the time, Hence I have a 2500HD with a 8.1 big block.
Diesel doesn't justify itself dollar wise in my eyes. Could a Tesla do it?, Possibly but you won't catch me dead in that Pontiac Aztek wanna be 20131020_165511.jpg

jeeping8r

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Heaviest I've hauled is a F350 4x4 7.3 flatbed with 3 pallets of sod on bed. That load was pushing 20K. No problem but my winch hated me for loading that one :)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My gooseneck alone is 6K and I pull it all over.
So, how many days a month? I probably see 100,000 HD trucks for every one I see pulling any sort of trailer or carrying a load.

I'm not pimping any damn battery car either.

jeeping8r

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
I know what you're getting at, Seems like everyone has to have that new diesel pickup with 38" tires, light bars, rock lights in the wheel wells and those stupid lights they hang around the brakes. Mine is no boulevard queen. It has to work at times.

Trailer is used as needed, As it was yesterday. It may sit for a week at a time or it may be hauling something for days at a time. Yeah it's a bit overkill but when I bought it the price difference in the single tire 14K version and my 22K GVW version was a bit over 200 bucks so no brainer there.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
C'mon man! It doesn't matter how often... it's that you CAN! ;)
It's the same reason I want 800HP instead of 700HP....You never know when someone may have 799HP...
In Donkey's case he's pissed because his old lady won't let him put a fart can muffler on their family Civic....:law:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.