Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That’s bullish!t. So Texas is Big XII football? Joining the SEC would help the state of TX as a whole. Tell Baylor and Texas Tech to get Fuched.

Maybe later. They both just hopped a flight to DC.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Texas has the Longhorn Network too, right? I’m sure it won’t take much to get out of that one, but adds another wrinkle to the whole saga.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That’s bullish!t. So Texas is Big XII football? Joining the SEC would help the state of TX as a whole. Tell Baylor and Texas Tech to get Fuched.
Illegal

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Texas has the Longhorn Network too, right? I’m sure it won’t take much to get out of that one, but adds another wrinkle to the whole saga.
Espn is losing money hand over fist on that shytshow. No one cares about Texas wimmens track or whatever.

Avenger48c

No Longer Cautiously Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2019
Finish the Job. Poach Clemson and Ohio-State. Tell the rest of college football to buzz off you are all now directional schools.

I know this was meant as a joke, but screw it. Grab Michigan and Penn State, too, so you have a multiple of 4 for pod math. Use the SEC network pod setup, but put the three former B10 schools plus Kentucky in a pod and put Clemson in ours to replace Kentucky. The geography isn't even THAT terrible for the new pod, and you're protecting all the important rivalries for those teams plus the Clemson/USCe rivalry. Call the five resulting pods SEC N/S/E/W/Central.

Five pods means an 11 game SEC schedule works with the 3+2+2+2+2 math, so you'd still play every team every other year. We'd still get to beat on FSU every year to fill it out to 12 games.

The broadcast rights would be ludicrous and the games would be incredible. A 5 team SEC playoff is kinda screwy, but you could have a 6 team internal playoff with each pod winner plus one wild card and a first round bye for the top two. Let what's left of the NCAA figure out a winner every year and the SEC champion will annihilate them for the national title.

Make it happen, Sankey.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im not a fan of 20, but I know many things have been discussed.

I think we are moving toward 4 superconferences with most of the playoff within the conference.

Last edited:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I know this was meant as a joke, but screw it. Grab Michigan and Penn State, too, so you have a multiple of 4 for pod math. Use the SEC network pod setup, but put the three former B10 schools plus Kentucky in a pod and put Clemson in ours to replace Kentucky. The geography isn't even THAT terrible for the new pod, and you're protecting all the important rivalries for those teams plus the Clemson/USCe rivalry. Call the five resulting pods SEC N/S/E/W/Central.

Five pods means an 11 game SEC schedule works with the 3+2+2+2+2 math, so you'd still play every team every other year. We'd still get to beat on FSU every year to fill it out to 12 games.

The broadcast rights would be ludicrous and the games would be incredible. A 5 team SEC playoff is kinda screwy, but you could have a 6 team internal playoff with each pod winner plus one wild card and a first round bye for the top two. Let what's left of the NCAA figure out a winner every year and the SEC champion will annihilate them for the national title.

Make it happen, Sankey.

It was and wasn't meant as a joke. Something like that a few years from now wouldn't surprise me. If the other conferences can't reconstitute so that they can make money, the few big boys left will be looking for a way out. Welcome to the new SEC...a college version of the NFL.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Finish the Job. Poach Clemson and Ohio-State. Tell the rest of college football to buzz off you are all now directional schools.

d9cf25f4-9e6b-4150-89aa-fb39f553fb29_text.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if these big programs are trying to realign so they can still hold the cards now that the NCAA has passed the NIL. Not sure exactly the reasoning for this but I can't help but think this has something to do with it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if these big programs are trying to realign so they can still hold the cards now that the NCAA has passed the NIL. Not sure exactly the reasoning for this but I can't help but think this has something to do with it.
Playoffs. It is all about the playoffs and bigger conference tv contracts.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Playoffs. It is all about the playoffs and bigger conference tv contracts.
I would imagine that if Ohio state, Michigan, Clemson and FSU got in. We'd have 4 divisions with 5 teams each. We'd definitely have to change the conference name. And most importantly tell the NCAA to **** off.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Money Money Money

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.