giphy.gif
Words are hard.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Y’all I hate to break this to you, but UCF is gonna be one of the prettiest girls at the bar come 2 AM. ACC makes sense and the BIG12 may need to do something extreme to try to stay relevant
Wrong-o.

There are going to be plenty of Kansases and Oregon States with no chairs once the music stops playing.

There are only so many seats in the Big X.

Im not even SURE the ACC and PAC survive, at least as POWER conferences with a seat at the table.

Im close to positive the Big 12 does not. UCF moving to the Big 12 will be about like UCF moving to the Big East. Not what they had imagined.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wrong-o.

There are going to be plenty of Kansases and Oregon States with no chairs once the music stops playing.

There are only so many seats in the Big X.

Im not even SURE the ACC and PAC survive, at least as POWER conferences with a seat at the table.

Im close to positive the Big 12 does not. UCF moving to the Big 12 will be about like UCF moving to the Big East. Not what they had imagined.

Probably going to be SEC, Pac-16, ACC, and Big10. I think you mean USF moving to Big East.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I'd like to bring back the SWC

Have SEC, ACC, BIG, PAC, SWC...PSC (Plains States)

Let ARK, and TX A&M go SWC...Missouri go BIG...

Power 6 Conferences

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Now that everybody's joining the SEC, old Sewanee has had second thoughts. All the Tiger fans have assembled at McGee Field (c. 1891) and are anxiously awaiting the outcome of their bid to get back in.

3075444204_fb0768b3db_b.jpg

Of course as @stephenPE remembers, it used to be called Hardee Field, after Lt. Gen. William J. Hardee of the Confederate States Army, but you know how that goes. It was renamed after Benjamin Humphreys McGee, a native of Greenville, MS and a 1949 graduate of Sewanee who was known as, "Ug."

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
If UF isn't going to seriously compete in football-- and it seems we are not -- I would just as soon give the admin their desire and go Ivy.
Maybe we could petition to join the Big 12. Or, maybe we should form the Southern AAU League.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
200w.gif

Mullen when he sees the playoff expanding to 12 teams and he knows he most likely gets in. Then Mullen when Texas and OU join the conference and he his playoff chances go back to having to earn it again.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Big12 is gone.
BiG makes it's power move and merges with PAC12.
SEC counters by merging with ACC.
The two leagues break off from NCAA. Each league determines a champion who then play for the all the marbles.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Big12 is gone.
BiG makes it's power move and merges with PAC12.
SEC counters by merging with ACC.
The two leagues break off from NCAA. Each league determines a champion who then play for the all the marbles.
I thought think in the end we end up with something like this. Not sure about the merger parts, maybe an alliance or something.

Big 10 and Pac 10 still pissed about the Rose Bowl being nothing now. I could see Big X vs Pac in Rose Bowl, ACC vs The King Conference in Sugar, and wait a few weeks for Championship Game.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I thought think in the end we end up with something like this. Not sure about the merger parts, maybe an alliance or something.

Big 10 and Pac 10 still pissed about the Rose Bowl being nothing now. I could see Big X vs Pac in Rose Bowl, ACC vs The King Conference in Sugar, and wait a few weeks for Championship Game.
I could dig that.
Not sure how the merger thing works but it seems there are some B1G rumors. They'd divide into geographic "pods" to reduce travel.
Big10 has rules about member schools being AAU. PAC12 has a rule that they be "research" institutions or something like that. So that may limit who can get added to their league.
ND just needs to find a home.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I could dig that.
Not sure how the merger thing works but it seems there are some B1G rumors. They'd divide into geographic "pods" to reduce travel.
Big10 has rules about member schools being AAU. PAC12 has a rule that they be "research" institutions or something like that. So that may limit who can get added to their league.
ND just needs to find a home.
I believe that Southern Miss has a Carnegie rating of Research University. PAC 12 should not have trouble finding schools that qualify.

Go Gators

Dec 13, 2020
Since we have a home and home scheduled with Texas in 2030 and 2031 we will get those back. Hopefully we won’t have to schedule a series so far out next time.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Transfer portals, NIL, super conferences, pulling out of the NCAA this could be really fun. The SEC can make all the rules. Pay players outright. Lock out the bottom half of Div 1 for good. Anarchy is my new hope since I know we will never compete with the big boys.

I just want to see the world burn.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The Pods thing would make a lot of sense (except call it divisions or something). Go to 9 conf games. 4 four team "pods", so that's 3 games playing everyone in your pod every year, then you play 1.5 pods each year so that's 9 games. That way you can keep some annual games that are actual rivalries (UF/UGA, AU/Bama, TX/OK, etc) but you would also play everyone every other year.

POD 1: UF, UGA, UT, USC
POD 2 TX, OK, Missou, T A&M
POD 3: Bama, AU, ARK, VANDY
POD 4: LSU, Ole Miss, MISS ST, KY

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.