Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe next year they will tip off earlier so I dont have to stay up past 10

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
You guys crack me up. Always hating on something or someone. You take a look at that product on the floor last night and find fault and yet what White put on the floor this year was pure fking trash. All the one and dones were gone because they had too many prima donnas that wouldn't play the kind of defense you need to play to win championships. Auburns style was pretty close to both those teams and to be honest it was pretty close to ours as well. That was a great game and both teams deserved to be there or they wouldn't have been. If anything all the commercials are what kill the rating and the late time it goes on the east coast.

F off. I would give you a dislike, a drunk, and a facepalm for this garbage.

UVA = double dribble. Period. Game over. AU wins by 2. So in the last 2 seconds of that game, we have a no call that should have been a game ender except it was called. It happened at mid court with no one around. Blown call and blown game. The foul at the end I have seen let go a hundred times. This was a hose job.

With a dad and brother who both graduated from AU, the thought of them winning it all is nauseating, but I can't stand hose jobs to benefit the "elite".

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's a flop. Watch how Guy throws his left leg wildly to the left to exaggerate the impact of the touch on his land. The refs bought in. Give me a break.

I didn’t watch that game but I just watched the video you put up. That’s a damn foul. I’m not sure how this is a debate.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn’t watch that game but I just watched the video you put up. That’s a damn foul. I’m not sure how this is a debate.

You missed especially in the last 5-10 a lot of fun. It's a foul, don't know if I was the ref I would have called it... but it is a foul.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't say it wasn't a foul. I suggested it was ticky tacky to call it with :006 remaining and esp after the refs had just phucked Auburn on the DD no-call.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

It’s basketball. Sometimes fouls are called and sometimes they’re not. Just because they did something ticky-tacky before doesn’t mean they should call a foul at that instance if it’s a foul.

If Humphries was shooting a three pointer as time was expiring and got bumped and landed on in the air, and the refs did not call a foul, you’d be losing your ****.

I get the aggravation with the DD call. But what does that have to do with the foul?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
It’s basketball. Sometimes fouls are called and sometimes they’re not. Just because they did something ticky-tacky before doesn’t mean they should call a foul at that instance if it’s a foul.

If Humphries was shooting a three pointer as time was expiring and got bumped and landed on in the air, and the refs did not call a foul, you’d be losing your ****.

I get the aggravation with the DD call. But what does that have to do with the foul?
If Hump was still shooting 3s for us I would be the happiest poster in this asylum posing as a forum.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
When you hit a ball out of bounds off a player dribbling it is automatically the team who was dribbling's ball. I always assume it is very likely that it could have hit off the dribbling player's hand in that situation, but it's just the way it goes, ball to the team that had possession before it was hit out of bounds. For them to review and reverse that was crap. Probably wouldn't have made a difference but just another example of the refs making sure UVA won this championship. Terrible end to a pretty good tournament.
Spot on

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Missing a very clear DD is ticky tacky? And, no, they didn't necessarily have to atone for the obvious error, but basketball officiating has evolved into such a subjective science that it's not a stretch to wonder why they wouldn't at least consider.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Missing a very clear DD is ticky tacky? And, no, they didn't necessarily have to atone for the obvious error, but basketball officiating has evolved into such a subjective science that it's not a stretch to wonder why they wouldn't at least consider.
It’s always been subjective. It’s just easier to see the errors now with multiple high resolution angles available every play. What I don’t understand is why a very close out of bounds play is fair game for replay but an obvious, game changing double dribble is not.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
I just watched the double dribble call again. Before the double dribble occurred, the barn player grabbed the shirt of the UVA kid. So yes, they missed the double dribble, but they missed the foul call before that, which obviously would've negated the double dribble. It's a wash, and in the words of Bruce Pearl, "let it go."

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just watched the double dribble call again. Before the double dribble occurred, the barn player grabbed the shirt of the UVA kid. So yes, they missed the double dribble, but they missed the foul call before that, which obviously would've negated the double dribble. It's a wash, and in the words of Bruce Pearl, "let it go."
Filibuster.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Stellar game last night, so much better than anyone expected. Tech really screwed the pooch by bombing a 3 pointer while tied at the end of regulation. Just take the ball to the hoop! At worst you draw a foul and win on free throws!

Very happy for UVA, they've always been my "second" team behind UF, and it's an incredible redemption story to win it all after last year's debacle.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
F off. I would give you a dislike, a drunk, and a facepalm for this garbage.

UVA = double dribble. Period. Game over. AU wins by 2. So in the last 2 seconds of that game, we have a no call that should have been a game ender except it was called. It happened at mid court with no one around. Blown call and blown game. The foul at the end I have seen let go a hundred times. This was a hose job.

With a dad and brother who both graduated from AU, the thought of them winning it all is nauseating, but I can't stand hose jobs to benefit the "elite".
It wasn't a hose job, it was a missed called and a fking dumb ass foul on the 3 pt shot. Even Barkley, who also graduated and PLAYED at AU said it was a foul. Jerome was fouled several times coming up the court before that WHICH WASN'T CALLED. Your 2 FT's before would have sealed the deal but he missed the front end. That's not the "elites" fault. You and your family have a chapped ass because you lost. My wife, who never really watches sports is a UVA grad and remembers all the BS that was said about UVA basketball after that lost last year so she decided to follow them this year and now she's a real fan because she saw how exciting it can be. That team lost 4 games in 2 YEARS in the ACC. There isn't an SEC team in the last decade that could have done that. Get over it, you sound like a Ugay fan.

Last edited:

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I didn't say it wasn't a foul. I suggested it was ticky tacky to call it with :006 remaining and esp after the refs had just phucked Auburn on the DD no-call.
It was the reason the shot was short, because he was into Guys body before the shot was released....it's a foul because the defender got into him before the shot was released and that is according to Gene Saratore who used to be head of officiating. Jerome was fouled 2x before the DD.....that wasn't called either. See how this works? Most of you were bitching after we lost to Auburn for doing basically the same stuff. That's how Bruce Pearls teams play, foul and ride your ass the whole way and if officials call a foul, he gets in their ear about it. It caught up with him.

Last edited:

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
It wasn't a hose job, it was a missed called and a fking dumb ass foul on the 3 pt shot. Even Barkley, who also graduated and PLAYED at AU said it was a foul. Jerome was fouled several times coming up the court before that WHICH WASN'T CALLED. Your 2 FT's before would have sealed the deal but he missed the front end. That's not the "elites" fault. You and your family have a chapped ass because you lost. My wife, who never really watches sports is a UVA grad and remembers all the BS that was said about UVA basketball after that lost last year so she decided to follow them this year and now she's a real fan because she saw how exciting it can be. That team lost 4 games in 2 YEARS in the ACC. There isn't an SEC team in the last decade that could have done that. Get over it, you sound like a Ugay fan.

You sound like a dumbass.

1. I am not hating on uva at all.

2. I didn't say it wasn't a foul. I said I have seen it not called a 100 times in a game like that.

3. A missed call under the basket with 6 bodies around I can understand. 2 people at mid court when the ball carrier picks up his dribble and then starts dribbling again isn't a missed call. Its a hose job.

4. I don't have a chapped ass about anything. I don't like AU and would have pulled for the MSU/TT winner to beat them. AU rightly deserved to be there.

5. The ACC outside of Duke, UNC, and UVA is not the ACC of old. Its not that strong.

6. An SEC team winning or losing 4 games with UVAs schedule is irrelevant.

7. You should quit letting your wife tell you what to type on a sports board. Go to her underwear drawer, look in that fuzzy sock where she keeps you balls, and take them back man. Your posting is an embarrassment.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
I think the best team took the trophy, and (as much as I hate to say it) Bruce Pearl was right in his comments: "let it go."
Now, if it is obvious and several calls are missed (like the swindle) then something needs to be done.
But to remove the human element in making judgment calls in an instant with constant replay, I think that takes something away from the game; calls are going to be made or missed on both sides.
If you want to win, make your shots and dominate. It sucks that a close game can be decided by officials, but the best way to win is to never allow it to be that close. Just my opinion.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
You sound like a dumbass.

1. I am not hating on uva at all.

2. I didn't say it wasn't a foul. I said I have seen it not called a 100 times in a game like that.

3. A missed call under the basket with 6 bodies around I can understand. 2 people at mid court when the ball carrier picks up his dribble and then starts dribbling again isn't a missed call. Its a hose job.

4. I don't have a chapped ass about anything. I don't like AU and would have pulled for the MSU/TT winner to beat them. AU rightly deserved to be there.

5. The ACC outside of Duke, UNC, and UVA is not the ACC of old. Its not that strong.

6. An SEC team winning or losing 4 games with UVAs schedule is irrelevant.

7. You should quit letting your wife tell you what to type on a sports board. Go to her underwear drawer, look in that fuzzy sock where she keeps you balls, and take them back man. Your posting is an embarrassment.

Better than sounding like a whiney bitch! YOU were the one that brought the family into the conversation *******. Sounds like you got your balls in several underwear draws.
With a dad and brother who both graduated from AU, the thought of them winning it all is nauseating, but I can't stand hose jobs to benefit the "elite"

The elite? What was the meaning of the label if not to hate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb