Status
Not open for further replies.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've given you **** in the past for being pessimistic, but it turns out you were just a realist. This team is not that good and will not win double digit games this year barring something short of a miracle. The only light at the end of the tunnel I can see is Mac being fired by the end of the season.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I've given you **** in the past for being pessimistic, but it turns out you were just a realist. This team is not that good and will not win double digit games this year barring something short of a miracle. The only light at the end of the tunnel I can see is Mac being fired by the end of the season.
Hey where is my thanks at!!! And if like my name added to the title as well

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There were PLENTY of people who looked out our roster and OC and read the tea leaves. Im jist louder than most.

I take exactly zero joy in watching our boys get embarrassed as they waste their college careers and knowing that we are 3-4 years from being relevant again IF our current AD a guy who has never made a football hC hire makes a great hire.

This shouldnt be a thread.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It was obvious as soon as Grier was out that Mac has no offensive ability to adjust, adapt, or even be creative. I knew by fsu deep down it wasn't gonna work, then bama and Michigan part 1 just solidified it. We're just wasting huge amounts of time at this point.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It was obvious as soon as Grier was out that Mac has no offensive ability to adjust, adapt, or even be creative. I knew by fsu deep down it wasn't gonna work, then bama and Michigan part 1 just solidified it. We're just wasting huge amounts of time at this point.
At Muschamp's intro presser he said, having never won a championship, "I know what it takes to win championships," that false bravado turned me off instantly because coaches who've won championships will tell you it's hard and not easy. They don't casually toss that achievement around or oversimplify it.
For some reason it just hit me reading your post that mac really doesn't know offense. Based on him saying that he could win with his dog is very similar to Muschamp's false championship bravado. Can you imagine Steve spurrier, or dabo Sweeney, or another offense mind saying something so ridiculous. They would not say such a thing because understanding offense it is a ridiculous and inexperienced thing to say that reveals their deceit.

Just like the scene in 40 year old virgin where he's trying to pretend that he's not a virgin during the card game and makes these bizarre claims. They know he's never had sex by trying to pretend so hard that he has. Its just like that

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
:trainwreck:
There were PLENTY of people who looked out our roster and OC and read the tea leaves.

I take exactly zero joy in watching our boys get embarrassed as they waste their college careers

This clown has got to go. He is either delusional, which is a killer, or just plain stupid, which is more likely. No matter what team you watch, or what division they play in, including high school, their offenses are better than ours. You would think, if Mac had an inkling of reality, he would fire Nuss and take Spurrier up on his willingness to be an OC, but even at that I'm afraid Mac would poison the water. He's worse than the Chump. Watching a decent coached team, just points to the great gulf between where the Gators are and the elite teams.

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, I'm ready for them to fire the whole bunch and put Donkey in as HC. We all cut up alot but he nails it..

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
There were PLENTY of people who looked out our roster and OC and read the tea leaves.

I take exactly zero joy in watching our boys get embarrassed as they waste their college careers

No Law, take the adulation and credit. let the thread stand. I am ecstatic that someone recognized that many of us have been correct about Butters since some time in year 1. I have been saying it since season 1 yet all I got was lambasted even during this past week. But I am not jealous that you or anyone else got the credit. I will live vicariously thru you. I am happy for you. I do not care who gets what credit. as long as butters is out ASAP, we will all be better for it. have your time in the Sun :headbang:

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
As bad as the chimp was here, he could come down next Saturday and beat Mac's gaggle like a red-headed stepchild.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:trainwreck:
...No matter what team you watch, or what division they play in, including high school, their offenses are better than ours. You would think, if Mac had an inkling of reality, he would fire Nuss and take Spurrier up on his willingness to be an OC, but even at that I'm afraid Mac would poison the water. He's worse than the Chump. Watching a decent coached team, just points to the great gulf between where the Gators are and the elite teams.

That's the key phrase which clearly means the powers to be have put our beloved GNation tradition (of tenacious play) down the rabbit hole, and we continue the lost decade of Florida Football. Oxking... Bingo! You can almost cry turning on any football game on TV. There is some semblance of a "this is what we do, with our best guys, in some form of harmony, even if it gets thwarted a play here and there. We are the worst inept I can personally remember. Now, does this administration, Foley's lap weasel Strickland, Mac having a fire your dead wood epiphany and be a real executive for once in your life or any of our wealthy donors certain to intervene... going to do something? do the right thing? I'm doubtful, almost desensitized starring at the momentum of embarrassment on offense. Remove the mercenary OC, he does not have a legacy of success or an identity in his own profession and we think he can teach identity to the kids. Hmm. Equally, Coach Mac is not a champion in his own coaching circles, just another coach... not really known for anything or a buzz word linked to competitor personality. Yeah, the championship builder vs drain our school bank account is more likely.

I give a slight pass to the D, as always, youngsters got their education, drink a few more protein shakes DLine, better get that chip on your shoulder now brothers, admittedly and historically, I am partial to my Gator D. :cool:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
That's the key phrase which clearly means the powers to be have put our beloved GNation tradition (of tenacious play) down the rabbit hole, and we continue the lost decade of Florida Football. Oxking... Bingo! You can almost cry turning on any football game on TV. There is some semblance of a "this is what we do, with our best guys, in some form of harmony, even if it gets thwarted a play here and there. We are the worst inept I can personally remember. Now, does this administration, Foley's lap weasel Strickland, Mac having a fire your dead wood epiphany and be a real executive for once in your life or any of our wealthy donors certain to intervene... going to do something? do the right thing? I'm doubtful, almost desensitized starring at the momentum of embarrassment on offense. Remove the mercenary OC, he does not have a legacy of success or an identity in his own profession and we think he can teach identity to the kids. Hmm. Equally, Coach Mac is not a champion in his own coaching circles, just another coach... not really known for anything or a buzz word linked to competitor personality. Yeah, the championship builder vs drain our school bank account is more likely.

I give a slight pass to the D, as always, youngsters got their education, drink a few more protein shakes DLine, better get that chip on your shoulder now brothers, admittedly and historically, I am partial to my Gator D. :cool:
Gatorstud, you've got it down. Strickland talks a great game, let's see if he has the juevos to do the right thing. By the way, you will like Will Miles' analysis on Mac and company. https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...m-mcelwain-blaming-wrong-things-loss-michigan

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
It pains me to say this, but it looks like Donkey was right all along.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I get amused at the perception many have of Law. He can be louder and longer than your mother-in-law when you show up at her house for dinner with a pre-pain killing beer (or 12) on your breath, but he is a realist. He just cuts to the chase quicker and harder than most of the rest of us. Knows the roster. He's a good Gator in my book. Just wish we had a photo of him in a seersucker suit!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I get amused at the perception many have of Law. He can be louder and longer than your mother-in-law when you show up at her house for dinner with a pre-pain killing beer (or 12) on your breath, but he is a realist. He just cuts to the chase quicker and harder than most of the rest of us. Knows the roster. He's a good Gator in my book. Just wish we had a photo of him in a seersucker suit!
He's got more likes than anyone I suspect. Of course, only URG rivals him in post count, so...

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I guess all my analyst didn't mean :poop: this whole time. Oh well i guess donkey gets all the glory. Congrats donkey for being the only one who knew all along that Mac was not the answer

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Saturday was eye opening, but I am still holding out hope. That look on Mac's face was sheer shock. The last two years he knew he didn't have the offensive horses (especially at QB) to compete against the big boys. This year he honestly thought that was going to change. He is always tight to the vest when talking to the public. Hopefully, he takes an increased role in the offense and is able to right the ship.

We need Mac to be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator