The 2017 state of the board discussion thread

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I mostly just come here to read the posts. Seems like some pretty cool dudes in here. By the time I read everyone's posts I usually lose the desire to post.

One complaint: Pumpers!!!
Oh boy, are they annoying. I understand your passion and the desire to focus on the positive. I'm generally a glass half full type of guy myself. But the ones I encounter seem to have a problem with anyone that doesn't see it that way. Even reading this thread, you see it. Why are you all so against anyone with a negative view of the state of the team? Passionate people tend to shoot it straight and in all honesty, this program has been inept in every facet. Coaching and administration chiefly.

So pumpers, it's OK for people to be different and have varying views. A different perspective shouldn't offend you.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A recap for those just joining.

A supposedly 'long-time member' wrote a PM, Pissing & Moaning, about the pissing and moaning on this board. Said he was unable to watch the movie, The Crawling Dead, (the plot is about this Gator family, whose offensive members have turned in to zombies) due to other viewers in the theater that kept pointing out the absurdity of the plot.

Gators have known to eat their own, the thread quickly turned in to the typical feeding frenzy where the young, slow witted, and thin skinned were consumed by the bull gators. The fate of this weak link that asked to be returned to his shell, has yet to be determined.

The noise of the feeding frenzy aroused several Gators that had been sunning themselves on the bank down river, L-boy received more likes in this thread than his previous 20 threads combined. Several other Gators that allowed the river to take them away swam back to grunt their views.

It appears that 98% of the board realizes there is a small group on both sides that growl louder than the majority. Most have learned to grow a thicker skin, realizing we are all part of the Gator Nation.

:pumper: Go Gators :pumper:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Smart law.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, well that will require some more research

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
74 members have posted in this thread. We need more. If you haven't yet put in your 2 cents, do it or be permanently banned.
Yez Boss.

I think this thread is nothing but a ploy to get us butt hurt posters back.

F'n Ox.

The O.P. is a manipulative *****. Amusing sometimes and provocative often. This board would not be here without his efforts. Discuss.

As others have said, it's not the negative comments or the differing opinions....it's the repetitive nature of the comments and their insertion into any and every discussion. At the end of the day I don't know that there's a reasonable way to police opinions so I choose to enjoy the site while acknowledging both its good and bad qualities.

Theres really no way to "fix" it....I agree with Ox, this needs to be a place to freely cheer and freely vent. Once you start limiting the venting, then it devolves into total censorship at some point. I akso feel like its the offseason and people are naturally less interested in the board. Not alot you can do about that either..

If I owned & operated this board ... which I don't ...

and

if it was reasonably feasible ... which it may or may not be ...

I would implement a rule that any person who accumulates 4 dislikes in any 24 hour period would be throttled back to 2 posts per day for the next 3 days. Wouldn't censor people, exactly, but would provide a mechanism for the board membership to provide some "constructive feedback" without the necessity of any heavy-handed interventions by the Mods.

To prevent abuse by any wanna-be tyrannical minority, I'd also impose the same rules on any poster giving out 4 dislikes in a 24 hour period.

The suggested parameters are just guesses and could be tweaked as evidence accumulates as to the effectiveness of this dampening system.

Also, nobody asked, but Yankeetown is just off the SW corner of the "where's Williston?" map. Just in case you were wondering.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I would implement a rule that any person who accumulates 4 dislikes in any 24 hour period would be throttled back to 2 posts per day for the next 3 days. Wouldn't censor people, exactly, but would provide a mechanism for the board membership to provide some "constructive feedback" without the necessity of any heavy-handed interventions by the Mods.

To prevent abuse by any wanna-be tyrannical minority, I'd also impose the same rules on any poster giving out 4 dislikes in a 24 hour period.

The suggested parameters are just guesses and could be tweaked as evidence accumulates as to the effectiveness of this dampening system.
:facepalm:

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Yez Boss.

The O.P. is a manipulative *****. Amusing sometimes and provocative often. This board would not be here without his efforts. Discuss.

If I owned & operated this board ... which I don't ...

and

if it was reasonably feasible ... which it may or may not be ...

Also, nobody asked, but Yankeetown is just off the SW corner of the "where's Williston?" map. Just in case you were wondering.

I would absolutely definitely not participate in a board with those rules. I'd tell the board owner to take his dislike quota and shove it up his newly acquired vagina.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I kind of like the idea of a like/dislike war. Think of the clans we could create and the posting alliances that would result. It would be like survivor. Maybe if you get a post that generates 10 likes you get an immunity idol and can say whatever you want for a week, maybe even post some pictures of boobs and stuff without getting censored.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No Zambo cabbage, though, no matter how many likes you get from Sasclan.

Everyone knew this thread would eventually evolve into a discussion of Zambo's anatomy and poo flinging, right?

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I kind of like the idea of a like/dislike war. Think of the clans we could create and the posting alliances that would result.
Sasquash wouldn't last 2 days now that wobbles gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb