The 2018 state of the board discussion thread

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
This site is way more than just a message board. It's a place to get news about the Florida Gators, but that's not all it is. There are some very knowledgeable football posters. Everyone knows you can't beat the insight and analysis of Cover 2 and there are some other good ones too. I read Fire Foley for baseball news and Lee For Three for basketball news and to keep up with those sports. There is no sport better than college football, and there is no better college football than SEC football, but in a lot of ways it's going in the wrong direction.

There is the Political Forum, which can get repetitive at times, but has a mix of liberal and conservative posters with the conservatives having the upper hand. You can really get some insight into what makes certain posters tick by reading and posting in the Political Forum. I like it that Ox the founder and leader of this board is in the conservative camp. I don't think I would like it as much if Ox didn't have his head on straight.

There are other forums on here. The Lounge can be an interesting place. I like to check out the music videos there and I'll read occasional other topics in there.

After you get to know the personalities of the regular posters things get more interesting. It's like following your favorite sports team. If you know the players and their personalities, their quirks, their tendencies the game is a lot more interesting and there is a lot more depth than if you are just watching a game between two teams you know nothing about.

I guess sometimes I'm Captain Obvious.

CaseyGator

Ox’s Favorite Poster
Sep 13, 2016
This place is like Cheers, but with awesome gator fans. Now if we could only find a way for it to pour me drinks...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I have to wonder about the mental well-being of anyone who takes a message board so seriously, that they actually feel compelled to speak to its owner. That's still baffling to me. If the design and structure of GCMB are enough to garner words like "sad situation", I think a straight jacket is right around the corner. If you spend that much time here, and are that mentally invested in what "shmoGator" thinks about Mullen, politics or your general views on life, it's probably time to step away and at least try to function in real life.

There are some annoying posters(and trolls) on here that can derail a decent conversation. And I do think anyone using the ::handslap lol:: emoji on a completely failed post should be arrested and spend a night in jail. But that's life. I can't think of anything that needs any changing, Ox. Seems to be running just fine.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This site is way more than just a message board. It's a place to get news about the Florida Gators, but that's not all it is. There are some very knowledgeable football posters. Everyone knows you can't beat the insight and analysis of Cover 2 and there are some other good ones too. I read Fire Foley for baseball news and Lee For Three for basketball news and to keep up with those sports. There is no sport better than college football, and there is no better college football than SEC football, but in a lot of ways it's going in the wrong direction.

There is the Political Forum, which can get repetitive at times, but has a mix of liberal and conservative posters with the conservatives having the upper hand. You can really get some insight into what makes certain posters tick by reading and posting in the Political Forum. I like it that Ox the founder and leader of this board is in the conservative camp. I don't think I would like it as much if Ox didn't have his head on straight.

There are other forums on here. The Lounge can be an interesting place. I like to check out the music videos there and I'll read occasional other topics in there.

After you get to know the personalities of the regular posters things get more interesting. It's like following your favorite sports team. If you know the players and their personalities, their quirks, their tendencies the game is a lot more interesting and there is a lot more depth than if you are just watching a game between two teams you know nothing about.

I guess sometimes I'm Captain Obvious.
Joe, I picture you as kind of an older, hippie-looking guy, your hair graying and in a ponytail. Probably surprise some people here to realize who you really are.

You're now free to shock me.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The mods seem worthless, but otherwise it’s better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All new posters who havent already introduced yourselves, please do so. Welcome to the the team. We apologize if any of you have taken offense to our antics.

Fng: hello, im ....
STFU!

Yeah, it is JUST like that.

Its just the internet folks. and it's the off-season at that.

Last edited:

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
All new posters who havent already introduced yourselves, please do so. Welcome to the the team. We apologize if any of you have taken offense to our antics.

Fng: hello, im ....
STFU!

Yeah, it is JUST like that.

Its just the internet folks. and it's the off-season at that.
GCMB is exactly like that.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Denied? I'm crushed. Where's the appeals board?
You need the Rum Drunkey......I've heard he has some pull with Ox.....If not he might still get you a small settlement...
77b7b403fe6800a215227eb32212f4d3--smiling-animals-funny-animals.jpg

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really put off and thought about quitting a couple of weeks back when you did away with LMAO2.....I'm still on the fence but if I leave then that would be like letting you win....So I'll stay and irritate everyone until I get my LMAO2 back......
:lmao2:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To the member who wrote to Ox:

Did you quit your job when the boss threatened to fire some workers? If you played sports, did you quit the team when the coach threatened to bench some players? Your thinking is the problem! Engage Maverick, damn it, get back in there.

This board is a microcosm of our nation. We have lefties, righties, ( and a few switch hitters..), pumpers, dumpers, and mostly everyone suffering until we return to glory.

Suggestions, let people bid with their oxbucks to be Mod for a day, give them a taste of that power and they might pay real money for another shot at it. Have members write a piece (maybe pay them in oxbucks for each like too) ex: Cover2's analysis of the game is well read and discussed, Members can submit their names then be given a week where their post will be the Featured Member's Thread, (better have a thick skin if you volunteer) It can cover whatever they want to write about, and we'll bash it and each other for a week, then move on to the next victim.

You guys rock, if you ain't a chatter, you're Gatorchatter bait!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator