The 2020 State of the Board discussion thread

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And it was during their filming of "Mo White and the 7 dwarfs" that brought URG to us.
@URGatorBait
543e9371-13b0-4012-a701-76cd235c03db.jpg

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
You dont have a smart phone man? Surely you can check on breaks occasionally during the day and post a little.

you seem smarter than the rest of us and gainfully employed. we need you posting man.

Thanks for compliment, @Swamp Donkey. I have been able to check in and post a bit more regularly lately, since I’m working from home during all this Covid madness. So, maybe you’ll be “seeing” a bit more of me around here for a while.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Even if you are a moderate sooner or later you have to have some conviction and take a stand.
And that principled stand is often something along the lines that ignorance, emotionalism and prejudice are the province of hot heads, bigots and fools. Not calling anyone here any of those things, just saying that the middle is at least as lonely as the extremes.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
E571066B-776E-4E22-BB7E-8B46BB76FC7E.jpeg

my elderly Aunt posted this to FB yesterday.I was dying as she forwards ever conspiracy known to man.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
Ox, I have a couple of serious suggestions:

1. Keep the home page a little more updated. Presently it has Cover2 with his analysis of the bowl game. Good stuff, but at this point a little dated and has been there for 4 months. Doesn't need to change everyday, but keep it fresher, and maybe not something quite as long. There was a sidebar poll on Felipe Franks that just recently (finally) disappeared.

2. Not sure the format for this but it would be entertaining to see profiles on some of the more prolific/outspoken posters. Choose a poster each week and let people compete for the best realistic but clever description of them as a poster. Limit the number of words - 50 maybe? There are some darn good writers on here and this would be a way to showcase some of the good stuff that won't disappear into a thread.

Imagine a description of SwampDonkey's posting habits, written by ADG, or Cover2's written by Sofla.

Place a few of them on the home page - easy to see. Could be a way for newbies have an idea what they are getting into. Or send them running for the hills. The whole concept needs a little work, but I hope you can see some possibilities.

May just be an interesting off-season activity. :grouphug:
Or it might burn the place down. :ohnoez:

Either way, it could be fun!

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not asking for anyone to change for me, especially Euro - he's great, I’m just sharing my experience. I decided to return because I respect so many of the posters here, like @cover2 , @soflagator , @EuroGator , and @Zambo [especially Euro]. I respect Ox, and I enjoy the back and forth, and I’ve missed it. I’ve matured over the years so maybe I’ll better handle all the “I’m a Gator fan but I hate all things Gator” posters.

Wow! We missed you DC and welcome you back. ...but I never expected such kind words from you. I respect you too. You're a solid poster and it sounds like you've embraced growth and will the future only looks brighter for you. Welcome back and, again, thanks for the kind words!

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, this site is faaaaaaaaan-tastic!

...and you're the best!

Seriously, I enjoy the site. Actual moderation would be an improvement and I like the community ban idea. Otherwise, I wouldn't suggest anything significantly different. There are always creative ways to enhance a site like this, but you don't have any gaping holes.

...that I know of.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, this site is faaaaaaaaan-tastic!

...and you're the best!

Seriously, I enjoy the site. Actual moderation would be an improvement and I like the community ban idea. Otherwise, I wouldn't suggest anything significantly different. There are always creative ways to enhance a site like this, but you don't have any gaping holes.

...that I know of.
I'm always accepting your thanks in the form of donations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.