The Barn Makes Kevin Steele the Highest Paid DC

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
That UGA game was more on Mullen(playcalling) than Trask imo. Despite what some will tell you Mullen is usually a better than average play caller but that may just be me measuring him against the 2 duds before him. In fact he is good for about half of a game usually but does seem to hit some flat spots......2nd & 3rd quarter usually.
I’m no expert but my impression with his playcalling is that is very good but can look “flat” when a couple drives don’t pan out due to the fact that he uses so much clock. A couple three or four minute drives that fail to produce any points lead to a drought. I would like to see him speed it up a little to give us more chances. Also, I am hoping the blocking scheme is adjusted this offseason to suit Trask’s talents - i.e. stop with the read option and move more traditional so we can at least have a semblance of a running game.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I would like to see him speed it up a little to give us more chances.
Tempo helped Franks quite a bit in 2018 but until we can get a functional running game back it's a little more difficult to set up. Going forward I think our line gets marginally better next year and if we throw some motion and tempo back into our offense it will help balance out our overall scheme. We've got a guy who knows where to go with the ball though and that can help you when we get caught in 3rd&7...that's huge.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Flustered seems apt. I thought of it as more “falls back on tendency” when he’s stressed. QB power behind right guard seems to be his favorite for short yards. But flustered would make sense too. This offseason will tell us a lot about him. If he’s serious about winning, he’ll adjust away from his typical offense to fit Trask. If not... well, 2020 might be frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.