The Best Handgun Caliber - A Real World Study

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Haha, reminds me of the reading of the will in Gran Torino when Clint gives his car to the Hmung kid but tells him not to put some gay ass spoiler on it.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sometimes I wonder if he can read at all.

I imagine him grunting and coloring.

Let me try it again.

iu

You can shoot the intruder in the face just fine.

And it won't freak out jurors and make them think you are a whacko just hoping for the chance to kill someone with an "assault weapon".

I don't really know why I'm trying to talk to a middle-aged guy with a fleet of Mustang GTs about not making your shotgun look tacticool and goofy.

Hell, I'm surprised you haven't found a way to connect a spoiler and a supercharger to you Instadeath Tacticool Knock them Down the Hallway shotgun.
:lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Sometimes I wonder if he can read at all.

I imagine him grunting and coloring.

Let me try it again.

iu

You can shoot the intruder in the face just fine.

And it won't freak out jurors and make them think you are a whacko just hoping for the chance to kill someone with an "assault weapon".

I don't really know why I'm trying to talk to a middle-aged guy with a fleet of Mustang GTs about not making your shotgun look tacticool and goofy.

Hell, I'm surprised you haven't found a way to connect a spoiler and a supercharger to you Instadeath Tacticool Knock them Down the Hallway shotgun.
You truly are a dumbass sometimes....Did you forget the part about being OUT OF AMMO OR unable to reload for some reason....my f vcking God man.....I'm glad you weren't in charge of the Marines on Iwo Jima or soldiers in a fox hole during WWI....They would have all removed their bayonets because they were worried about how it would look when they killed a bad guy...FFS Oh and I'm sure the Jury might also be wondering why the bad guy was INSIDE my house at 3.30AM uninvited :facepalm:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Crete, you are one hard-headed mofo. All he is saying is that after the shooting is over, its probably better for you and your family if it doesn't look like you're spoiling for a fight. Isn't your family's future the reason you would shoot an intruder in the first place?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, that isnt a hand to hand implement. It is a breaching stand off device.

There are shotguns w bayonet lugs. If you are preparing for Iwo Jima.

There is little doubt that someone who has actually knows the spirit of the bayonet (Queen of Battle, baby) has...ummmm.... as usual, lots more experience in this than you.

Oh yeaj, a real wooden stocked shotgun, plain ole shotgun, is better for muzzle strokes or butt strokes than any synthetic stocked tacticool shotgun.

Lets just say I dont see much tactics or firearms instructor time in your future.

It isnt so much that you.dont know anything. It is that all that you "know" is wrong.

But I guess that muzzle device looks cool.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Crete, you are one hard-headed mofo. All he is saying is that after the shooting is over, its probably better for you and your family if it doesn't look like you're spoiling for a fight. Isn't your family's future the reason you would shoot an intruder in the first place?
Yes, I'm spoiling for a fight by fighting off a violent intruder....whom btw just happened to BREAK INTO MY house(which btw gives me legal right to kill him in the state of Florida)….oh and Jackass also fails to mention that my shotgun is unaltered....it was sold to me the same as it was when I used it as a pogo stick on the bad guys face.....no my friend, I'm not the hard headed one.....

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, I'm spoiling for a fight by fighting off a violent intruder....whom btw just happened to BREAK INTO MY house(which btw gives me legal right to kill him in the state of Florida)….oh and Jackass also fails to mention that my shotgun is unaltered....it was sold to me the same as it was when I used it as a pogo stick on the bad guys face.....no my friend, I'm not the hard headed one.....
Yes you are hard headed because nobody is talking about your right to shoot the intruder. Its like you are on a different planet. Good lord bro.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

There is little doubt that someone who has actually knows the spirit of the bayonet (Queen of Battle, baby) has...ummmm.... as usual, lots more experience in this than you.

Oh yeaj, a real wooden stocked shotgun, plain ole shotgun, is better for muzzle strokes or butt strokes than any synthetic stocked tacticool shotgun.

Lets just say I dont see much tactics or firearms instructor time in your future.

It isnt so much that you.dont know anything. It is that all that you "know" is wrong.

FOR THE LAST F VCKING TIME....the breaching "device" came stock on the gun. Look it up Remington 870 Tactical Express....Do you want me to go back in time return my shotgun and buy a regular 870….then change out the barrel and stock? I bought the gun because for me it seemed like an ideal home defense gun for under $500 without having to do anything to it. BTW would you rather I just roll over and play dead than use what I certainly consider to be the second deadliest feature on the gun to stop someone???
I know, I know, a jury is likely to convict me because I let a bad guy break into my house....then instead of shooting him I decide I want to kill him because a have a cool looking jagged device on the end of shotgun.....Yeah, that's it Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, Crete wanted this guy to break in so he could stab him instead of shooting him....f vck me...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yes you are hard headed because nobody is talking about your right to shoot the intruder. Its like you are on a different planet. Good lord bro.
Go back and read the all the post.....The Jackass has selective reading disorder at times.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

TACTICAL HIGH POINT... MOVE! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
... best day of OSUT, just sayin

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, I'm spoiling for a fight by fighting off a violent intruder....whom btw just happened to BREAK INTO MY house(which btw gives me legal right to kill him in the state of Florida).

Look, IM not the one you need to think about. If it were up to me you could have pill boxes with belt fed 7.62 FNMags in you safe room.

But many prosecturs, plaimtiffs attorneys and JURORs arent like me. And they piss their pamties when they see stuff like that.

It is easy enough to screw that off. If I inherited it, that is what Id do. And dont add Ninja stocks, heat shields, chain saw front forends etc. The less ninjaish the better. (That stuff is also generally lower quality and actually might affect reliability. I saw that with a bolt for.one of those ninja stocks once. It was too long and protruded a hair inside the action causing just a slight short stroke.)

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It is easy enough to screw that off. If I inherited it, that is what Id do. And dont add Ninja stocks, heat shields, chain saw front forends etc. The less ninjaish the better. (That stuff is also generally lower quality and actually might affect reliability. I saw that with a bolt for.one of those ninja stocks once. It was too long and protruded a hair inside the action causing just a slight short stroke.)
Listen I went to Dick's several years ago to buy a Mossberg 500, which doesn't come stock with a breaching choke and actually holds 7+1 which is why I preferred it over the 870(6+1). It also has a wood stock and a more user friendly safety and latch release IMO....Guess what? They were sold out...It was 2 days before an approaching Hurricane and I was running my ass off to get 5 properties prepared as well as gather all the last minute sh!t you need in that situation. I simply wanted a better firearm than the 2 handguns in the house after learning about all the looting in Houston after Matthew(?) OK?

I'm not a gunsmith, not a "Tactical Warrior", not a former Military or L.E.....I'm a regular guy who just by chance has put 100's of times more shotgun shells down range than I have through a handgun...I will never alter, disassemble, cut, chop, grate, dice or slice ANY firearm.
For the last time I DID NOT BUY my gun because of the breaching device....and for the last time YES I would if necessary use it to turn a bad guys face into pepperoni pizza...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You don't have to alter anything. It screws off easily.

I thought of you when I saw this.

Gun-Bed.gif

It is in this article.
5 Best Home-Defense Tactical Shotguns [2019] - Pew Pew Tactical
I wouldn't have one of those btw.

These are also interesting, that make the general point I was making:
Here Are 3 Guns Juries Hate (And Could Land You In Jail) Even If You're Innocent! general point that scary sounding guns might hurt you in front of jury. same with scary looking guns was my point.
Gun Modifications general point that gun modifications can bite you in a self defense case.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You don't have to alter anything. It screws off easily.

I thought of you when I saw this.

Gun-Bed.gif

It is in this article.
5 Best Home-Defense Tactical Shotguns [2019] - Pew Pew Tactical
I wouldn't have one of those btw.

These are also interesting, that make the general point I was making:
Here Are 3 Guns Juries Hate (And Could Land You In Jail) Even If You're Innocent! general point that scary sounding guns might hurt you in front of jury. same with scary looking guns was my point.
Gun Modifications general point that gun modifications can bite you in a self defense case.
I saw something recently comparing a hand gun, shot gun and AR15 for home defense with the AR15 coming out on top. I was considering the AR15 but now that you mention it u'd probably be convicted before you walked in the courtroom if you use an Ar15 no matter how justified u are.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Speaking of shotguns I was talking to friend over the weekend and he says he loads birdshot in the first round then slugs after that. I'll be damned if I remember the reasoning though.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I saw something recently comparing a hand gun, shot gun and AR15 for home defense with the AR15 coming out on top. I was considering the AR15 but now that you mention it u'd probably be convicted before you walked in the courtroom if you use an Ar15 no matter how justified u are.
It probably depends on the jurisdiction but it's not going to help. A Ruger Mini14 does the same work at that distance.

I always thought a semiauto 20g made alot of sense. And yet I don't have one.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of shotguns I was talking to friend over the weekend and he says he loads birdshot in the first round then slugs after that. I'll be damned if I remember the reasoning though.
Birshot is dumb. Unless it is very big, #2 BB T something like that. The other stuff just doesn't penetrate enough to ensure incapacitation. It produces horrible looking quite shallow wounds. If God forbid, you had to use it to defend yourself, you want to stop the threat. Google box-o-truth buckshot or any of the ballistic gelatin penetration tests.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator