The best Simpson’s episode?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I only watched The Simpson’s when the kids had it on, so I’m not entirely knowledgeable of the episodes. However, there was a semi-frequent character that I enjoyed…

789B5092-CEC6-452C-88C2-C54F8176B008.jpeg
(also could be a recent football character)

Attachments

• 360F4F14-9F9D-4854-A142-784C0C47669C.jpeg
    360F4F14-9F9D-4854-A142-784C0C47669C.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 4

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I only watched The Simpson’s when the kids had it on, so I’m not entirely knowledgeable of the episodes. However, there was a semi-frequent character that I enjoyed…

View attachment 53665

Voiced by Kelsey Grammar...

That episode (Cape Feare) was also very highly rated... 'cause it's hilarious.
You sort of had to know about the other Cape Fear movies (DeNiro and Robert Mitchum) to fully appreciate it.
But the inclusion of the FBI witness protection angle had me rolling on the floor so to speak.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
The Simpsons were a childhood staple of mine, so there's a TON of things that could go here, but I think one of the all-time best episodes has to be the one where they go to Australia.

It's got dozens of laughs, the Aussies LOVE it, and have wholeheartedly embraced the cultural parody to the point where the fake boot-to-ass flag has actually been proposed as their official national flag.

Sure, there's classic one-liners and random moments of laughs ("the goggles do nothing," Robotic Richard Simmons, etc.), but that'd be my vote.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

View attachment 53665

Same thing here.

My sons could easily name multiple episodes of their favorites but I rarely paid that much attention to it.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
This is a blending of this thread and the reference to "Highlights" magazine in the "Kids will never know" thread...

Son #1 (Goofus) is a huge fan of Family Guy

Son #2 (Gallant) is a huge fan of South Park

Only us old people care about The Simpsons...

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Don't know what it was called, but my favorite was when Homer's birthmark made him the chosen one of the stone cutters.
That one, and the one where he was like a God in Japan because it turns out that his head was basically the logo of a huge Japanese conglomerate where the image of a light bulb merges with a fish or something, and it's Homer's head.

Edit: found the clip!

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
That one, and the one where he was like a God in Japan because it turns out that his head was basically the logo of a huge Japanese conglomerate where the image of a light bulb merges with a fish or something, and it's Homer's head.

Edit: found the clip!

Hilarious-
When he goes to the library to do ‘research’ about Hokkaido

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb