The Billy Donovan Thread

solarman

Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2014
Please don't get me wrong.... I love our Football and Basketball teams but I am soooo ready for something positive.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure this will be the answer after last year. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

When does gymnastics start?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Gymnastics has started. But the curse of Muschamp struck them as well. During the first meet Bridget Sloan our best gymnast got a 10 on vault and then severely sprained her ankle on floor. She's out maybe for the entire regular season. I'm waiting for softball. And track will be good this year again.

solarman

Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2014
Sully has the defense and the pitching looking good. We need these guys to live in the batting cages.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorGorilla;n158551 said:
Baseball is preseason #7, but let's hope they can finish this year!!!!
Do you like the new Yankees uniforms?

Attachments

• conv_2141.jpg
    conv_2141.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 59

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What?!? Where's the Donovan slobberfest at? He just blames the players and you let him off the hook?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n161289 said:
What?!? Where's the Donovan slobberfest at? He just blames the players and you let him off the hook?

I noticed your Donovan bashing was eerily quiet last year. Hypocrite.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What's with all the hetero-bashing, Gorilla? We've welcomed you, even tried to make you feel at home with beefcake photos, and yet you still bash us.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n161858 said:
What's with all the hetero-bashing, Gorilla? We've welcomed you, even tried to make you feel at home with beefcake photos, and yet you still bash us.

His kind are bashful.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n161855 said:
I noticed your Donovan bashing was eerily quiet last year. Hypocrite.

I wasn't quiet. I simply stated that Donovan needs a natural leader on the court. He had that with Wilbekin and Young. We had a team that should've at least made it to the final game, but Donovan overworked Wilbekin during the SEC and NCAA tournaments and he finally wore down. It was one of the best teams we've had at UF due to above average talent and team chemistry. They earned their Final 4 ticket, but it should've been more.

This year I am only quiet because the product on the court is so poor that I can't watch it. We have upperclassmen who are getting blamed by the coaching staff, yet it's the coaching staff failing them. If you want to nuthug Donovan and give him credit for 2 NC's that he had very little to do with outside of getting lucky in recruiting (and having Sidney Green and Tito Horford really coaching behind the scenes), then you should blame him for 5 straight years of losing in the first weekend with loaded rosters. Blame him for mailing in recruiting when he thought he was leaving us. Blame him for 2 ****ty NIT berths. Not saying he's some horrific coach, but if he left, we could get better. Personally, I was happy when he left, and pissed when he returned.

But since you decided to make such a jackass comment, maybe I should start watching and coming on here when we lose to ask you how your savior is doing.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n161969 said:
I wasn't quiet. I simply stated that Donovan needs a natural leader on the court. He had that with Wilbekin and Young. We had a team that should've at least made it to the final game, but Donovan overworked Wilbekin during the SEC and NCAA tournaments and he finally wore down. It was one of the best teams we've had at UF due to above average talent and team chemistry. They earned their Final 4 ticket, but it should've been more.

This year I am only quiet because the product on the court is so poor that I can't watch it. We have upperclassmen who are getting blamed by the coaching staff, yet it's the coaching staff failing them. If you want to nuthug Donovan and give him credit for 2 NC's that he had very little to do with outside of getting lucky in recruiting (and having Sidney Green and Tito Horford really coaching behind the scenes), then you should blame him for 5 straight years of losing in the first weekend with loaded rosters. Blame him for mailing in recruiting when he thought he was leaving us. Blame him for 2 ****ty NIT berths. Not saying he's some horrific coach, but if he left, we could get better. Personally, I was happy when he left, and pissed when he returned.

But since you decided to make such a jackass comment, maybe I should start watching and coming on here when we lose to ask you how your savior is doing.

This has to be the absolute dumbest ****ing thing I've ever read.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n161969 said:

I'm going to let the stupidity and total lack of logic in this post stand on it's own. Nothing more I need to say. Hypocrite.

GatorGorilla

Jan 2, 2015
PastyStoole;n161858 said:
What are you talking about I told you you look nice in your outfit. I'm sure the boys will love it when you wear it out this weekend...Good Luck & Have Fun!

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n161969 said:

Is this post for real?

Donovan won two NC's in basketball at UF; the guy deserves a street named after him and a solid gold statue outside the arena. Get out of here with this weaksauce.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n162000 said:
I'm going to let the stupidity and total lack of logic in this post stand on it's own. Nothing more I need to say. Hypocrite.

You can't argue the point because you know absolutely nothing on the subject. It would take some critical thinking to understand wtf was going on. Before the '04's came along, fans weren't so elated with Billy. And the '04's, even your dumbass could have gotten an Elite 8 out of them...well you may very well have been detrimental and cost them an Elite 8, but any decent HS coach in FL could've gotten an Elite 8, and several would've been Final 4's and NC's. That team ran itself for the most part. Anthony Grant had a good deal to do with it too. Hell, Billy had to call AG to help out the 2nd year because he couldn't communicate with them, and AG spoke to the boys and it was all good.

But let me answer you in a way you'll actually understand....nuh uh, you stupid.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n161975 said:

Yeah, you're actually right. Thanks for the fix. It's amazing that they want to give Billy credit for building chemistry last year, but this year's issues are all on the players.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I love having Donovan as our BB coach. My Donovan let-down is I'm afraid he doesn't think a dynamic big man
6'11" to 7' is worth an all-out recruit pursuit. Fear he doesn't like recruiting enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator