The Billy Donovan Thread

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n162140 said:
So your one example of Donovan doing something is Wilbekin? And he did it all by himself, not with Young, Frazier, and company? You act like Wilbekin was Donovan's first choice as a PG recruit. He swung and miss on several and took Wilbekin as an after thought. This is the class where he went after Brandon Knight as the big fish of the class. I think Ryan Harrow, Vander Blue, were a couple of the other PG's he missed on. So yeah, your Wilbekin example was pretty much luck , because if he played HS ball in Tennessee I doubt Donovan even knows about him. Here's another one...Chandler Parson was given a scholarship as part of the Calathis recruitment. Nevermind that Parsons was an All-American in HS. He was offered last minute as a favor to Calathis. So there is some more luck for you. So come with something more than "you're an idiot". Please tell me you can actually think and not retort like a petulant child on his mom's tit.

Please, by all means, continue. In fact, I'm going to implore you to continue. With every grubby fingered keystroke you reenforce my analysis of you.

:hehehe:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Season starts Friday Feb. 13 vs. Rhode Island
Guys coming back include: Tobias, Alonso, Martin, Puk in the infield; Bader, Reed and Larson in the outfield; Shore, Poyner, Young and Snead on the mound. I'm sure I missed a few. Looking at the roster, Fahrman at Catcher needs to up his game (batted 4 for 24 last year) or we'll be relying one of 3 true freshman behind the plate (2 of which were drafted in the 17th and 33rd rounds).
:chomp:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can we make this the 'back to baseball' thread?

Attachments

• conv_2195.gif
    conv_2195.gif
    1 MB · Views: 34

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n162476 said:
Please, by all means, continue. In fact, I'm going to implore you to continue. With every grubby fingered keystroke you reenforce my analysis of you.

haha reinforce your analysis. You sound like a pedophile stalking a elementary school. Is this your hero?

173171.jpg

and look he has a ring too.

solarman

Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2014
Its cool Ox...... I was just looking for something positive in our teams to discuss. I am happy that the basketball team won, and it was a close game too. We hadn't had much luck in close games lately.
I hope we have plenty of positive stuff to talk about after signing day and the rest of basketball season.:thumbup:

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n162487 said:
haha reinforce your analysis. You sound like a pedophile stalking a elementary school. Is this your hero?

173171.jpg

and look he has a ring too.

Good one....please, please, please......keep going!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
solarman;n162489 said:
Its cool Ox...... I was just looking for something positive in our teams to discuss. I am happy that the basketball team won, and it was a close game too. We hadn't had much luck in close games lately.
I hope we have plenty of positive stuff to talk about after signing day and the rest of basketball season.:thumbup:
If you'd like to start another baseball thread I promise you it won't get hijacked.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n162510 said:
If you'd like to start another baseball thread I promise you it won't get hijacked.

But this isn't even the Billy Donovan thread anymore either, so maybe you should rename it 'Alcohlica vs. Divits'.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n162516 said:
But this isn't even the Billy Donovan thread anymore either, so maybe you should rename it 'Alcohlica vs. Divits'.

But that would imply that it's a contest. It's not. Not even close.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n162295 said:
Considering you as the source? It's like Ray Charles judging a coloring contest. I feel like I'm arguing with a 3rd grader on immigration. So exactly which trimester did your mother decide that Jack Daniels was going to be your company in the womb?

You are apparently arguing with many "third graders" then, alcoholic. Everyone on this board thinks you are indeed a complete idiot. But you have this going for you, little man:
"When a true genius does arise in this world we shall know him by this sign:
...He will be surrounded by a confederacy of dunces."

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n161969 said:
I wasn't quiet. I simply stated that Donovan needs a natural leader on the court. He had that with Wilbekin and Young. We had a team that should've at least made it to the final game, but Donovan overworked Wilbekin during the SEC and NCAA tournaments and he finally wore down. It was one of the best teams we've had at UF due to above average talent and team chemistry. They earned their Final 4 ticket, but it should've been more.

This year I am only quiet because the product on the court is so poor that I can't watch it. We have upperclassmen who are getting blamed by the coaching staff, yet it's the coaching staff failing them. If you want to nuthug Donovan and give him credit for 2 NC's that he had very little to do with outside of getting lucky in recruiting (and having Sidney Green and Tito Horford really coaching behind the scenes), then you should blame him for 5 straight years of losing in the first weekend with loaded rosters. Blame him for mailing in recruiting when he thought he was leaving us. Blame him for 2 ****ty NIT berths. Not saying he's some horrific coach, but if he left, we could get better. Personally, I was happy when he left, and pissed when he returned.

But since you decided to make such a jackass comment, maybe I should start watching and coming on here when we lose to ask you how your savior is doing.

I guess Tito only loves one of his sons.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
One down year and Donovan's already a crappy coach for failing the front court guys? Hmmmm.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n162822]One down year and Donovan's already a crappy coach for failing the front court guys? Hmmmm. [/QUOTE]

No, man. You don't get it. He's never been a good coach. He's just had the most fortuitous run of good luck in the history of college basketball.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n162842 said:
No, man. You don't get it. He's never been a good coach. He's just had the most fortuitous run of good luck in the history of college basketball.

The poor guy has to take us to the Final Four every year just to avoid the wrath of certain fans. It's absurd.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Billy D is the best in the business. It's a down year and we've had some pretty bad luck. How many 1 or 2 point games have we lost? This isn't very talented team and we're in just about every game. Yes it's been painful to watch but we've got reinforcements on the way. We've got a good recruiting class and egbunu and Francis will be eligible.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
. If you want to nuthug Donovan and give him credit for 2 NC's that he had very little to do with outside of getting lucky in recruiting (and having Sidney Green and Tito Horford really coaching behind the scenes),
If I had the time I would pick your stupidity apart but lets just leave with this for now. IF Sidney and Tito are such great coaches please tell me the teams they have coached to umpteen 20 win seasons, the sec titles and NCAA titles they have with their teams. And how many of their players have they sent to the pros. Which great UF coach inspired Udonis to his career? You remind me of those idiots that say they are gator fans but dont like SOS.. Its like saying you like pizza but hate cheese, tomato sauce and cooked dough. I know you are just having a good time yanking chains,. Your type shows up on forums all the time. I actually enjoy engaging with idiots. They make me feel smarter I guess, but in reality I just love talking gator (in positive ways). When they put up Billy's Statue or name the dome Donovan you will understand. Till then have a drink and enjoy life a little more./ GOD i hope my computer is fixed soon.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
One more for the resident genius. Explain last year's team. Not an NBA player in sight. Four elite eights and one final four. Bradley B does not leave we hit another final four. Last year they lost to just two teams. The national champs and another final four team, obtw they beat the other final four team 3 phckn times. and btw that team had 8 future nba players on it. But Billy has been lucky and aint that great. No doubt, And Dick Cheney is Mr Rogers brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.