The Billy Donovan Thread

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n162555 said:
But that would imply that it's a contest. It's not. Not even close.

Okay then, how about 'The GCMB MUCH DESERVED Beatdown on Alcoholica'?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well we are back on life support if we can beat Arkansas instead of heading to Hospice for the rest of this season.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I never thought I'd hear such garbage from alcoholica. What's up with you man?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n163289 said:
One of the funniest books I ever read. The guy rivaled Mark Twain in humor. And died before it was published. I think he killed himself./
He did. And his mother went around trying to get it published posthumously. I think some English professor in Indiana ended up with a faded, almost unreadable Xeroxed copy of the thing and helped her get it published. An absolutely brilliant piece of literature.

But what do you know, anyway, stephenPE? You and I really only have a third grade intellect. :lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Im getting the feeling that alky isnt a huge fan of Billy D. Anyone else sense this?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
PastyStoole;n163350 said:
He did. And his mother went around trying to get it published posthumously. I think some English professor in Indiana ended up with a faded, almost unreadable Xeroxed copy of the thing and helped her get it published. An absolutely brilliant piece of literature.

But what do you know, anyway, stephenPE? You and I really only have a third grade intellect. :lol:
I think he was an LSU professor but I think he was a fckn genius. They have tried for years to make a movie of it. I also think it might have been some. what autobiographical. I need to go back and read it again. where did alcholica go? I have a few more questions for his brilliant basketball IQ.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n163350 said:

Put me at the head of your third grade class. Confedercy of Dunces was a hidden jewel. The writer was a Mark Twain
by karma extension.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n163810 said:
where did alcholica go? I have a few more questions for his brilliant basketball IQ.
:lol:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
solarman, did the Ark game cheer you up and where did the phckn genius go?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n163073 said:
One more for the resident genius. Explain last year's team. Not an NBA player in sight. Four elite eights and one final four. Bradley B does not leave we hit another final four. Last year they lost to just two teams. The national champs and another final four team, obtw they beat the other final four team 3 phckn times. and btw that team had 8 future nba players on it. But Billy has been lucky and aint that great. No doubt, And Dick Cheney is Mr Rogers brother.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

solarman

Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2014
stephenPE;n165408 said:
solarman, did the Ark game cheer you up and where did the phckn genius go?

It sure did. :pumper: :stars:

He's getting praised in another thread now I think. :dunno:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Bernardo de la Paz;n165421 said:
Why don't you tell us how you really feel?
I find that if I reveal my vulnerabilty too much I become a target for those not so sensitive. btw BillyD has forgotten more about college BB than some of these lazyboy wannabee coaches will ever know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.