stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The boy would have been sixty today. But the deadly and silent cancer was more than he could whip. He was 44 when it finished him off. I was holding his hand when he passed along with Beckey. Dad called him a horse’s butt but he was our horse’s butt. He loved to argue and give you **** but he always came through when you needed him. He used to take Stephanie and Spencer to ToysRus and tell them to pick out their birthday present. He came over Christmas Eve day to help me have them wake up to a treehouse on Christmas day. He did the building and all that, I was the gofer. I was sitting in the car one day with Stephie and Spencer listening to a gator station talking about sports with a question of the best athlete you ever saw. He actually called in and said I was close in his eyes. I never thought about it but he was always there with dad for those many many football and basketball games he came to watch. Close to 100 altogether. Mike and I have each other but there is a hole there that he occupied for a long time. I know he would have loved my Kevin and Presley and had more fun with them. I miss him and think of him sometimes. Especially today when we would have had fun recognizing his being officially old. Life is tenuous and not a given even when we are younger. I/we were lucky to have him those forty-four years.............
On the old GSMB he was BAGATOR. His favorite online sport was going to Voltalk and giving the tears sh#t about the last SOS beatdown. He was merciless.
About ten years ago a former friend of his from the Army called me looking for him. Wanted to tell Brad how important his influence was on him during their military days. I had to tell him Kevin was gone. Btw Kevin was also Brad. But that is another story. But always just Kevin to me.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The boy would have been sixty today. But the deadly and silent cancer was more than he could whip. He was 44 when it finished him off. I was holding his hand when he passed along with Beckey. Dad called him a horse’s butt but he was our horse’s butt. He loved to argue and give you **** but he always came through when you needed him. He used to take Stephanie and Spencer to ToysRus and tell them to pick out their birthday present. He came over Christmas Eve day to help me have them wake up to a treehouse on Christmas day. He did the building and all that, I was the gofer. I was sitting in the car one day with Stephie and Spencer listening to a gator station talking about sports with a question of the best athlete you ever saw. He actually called in and said I was close in his eyes. I never thought about it but he was always there with dad for those many many football and basketball games he came to watch. Close to 100 altogether. Mike and I have each other but there is a hole there that he occupied for a long time. I know he would have loved my Kevin and Presley and had more fun with them. I miss him and think of him sometimes. Especially today when we would have had fun recognizing his being officially old. Life is tenuous and not a given even when we are younger. I/we were lucky to have him those forty-four years.............
On the old GSMB he was BAGATOR. His favorite online sport was going to Voltalk and giving the tears sh#t about the last SOS beatdown. He was merciless.
About ten years ago a former friend of his from the Army called me looking for him. Wanted to tell Brad how important his influence was on him during their military days. I had to tell him Kevin was gone. Btw Kevin was also Brad. But that is another story. But always just Kevin to me.

God bless you and your family, Coach. Thank you for sharing this. Peace be with you.

I’m considering a career move that will get me closer to my brother and my wife’s family, drop my stress & schedule to sane levels and thereby increase quality time with my wife, kids, family & friends. You’ve given me a lot to think about.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Virtual hug, Coach. I know you've spoken often about your brother. Cheers to his memory today!

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody is truly gone so long as they live in your heart and in your memories.

He helped make you the man you are, and that legacy lives on in you. You have helped make your children the people they are, so some of his legacy lives on in them too.

My son was born long after my father died, but my father's influence on me will live on in my son even though they never met on earth.

It's even bigger than that. The words of great men like Thomas Jefferson and MLK live in me even though I never met them and my parents never read their words.

These people are never truly gone as long as their memories live on in us.

May your brother's memory live forever.

Alex.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'm with ya Coach. My little brother's been gone 24 years, but there isn't a day that I don't think of him and it's always good. Life's short, gotta make the most of your time with people that matter to you.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Nobody is truly gone so long as they live in your heart and in your memories.
It is what tell people in times of loss. And my sentiments exactly. It helps me to frame it into words at milestones like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb