The Chimp mercifully FIRED at South Carolina; to hire Shane Beamer as coach

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I can't believe he lasted this long. Has there ever been a HC as schitty as Muschump who drove 2 SEC schools into the ground?

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's a $hitty coach and a good businessman, no doubt, but 28-30 is about what you would expect at a $hithole like USCe. I think they were spoiled by SOS. What he did there was nothing short of amazing, and even Spurrier saw the writing on the wall so much so that he hauled a$$ midseason to avoid the impending disaster. I don't care who they hire. They are a 500 program and I expect that's where they will remain.
His agent is a good businessman, he on the other hand is a complete dumbass and shytty football coach. He’s not even the defensive genius he’s proclaimed to be, giving up 37 points a game this season.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Perfect for a glorified retiree like Holtz and Spurrier to go have some fun. Disastrous if you’re trying to actually win anything.

Exactly what I'm think, because NOBODY is going to compete in conference for wins @USCe. And NOBODY is going to compete for recruits in the region with Clemson in state.

However, as we contemplate retired coaches...I suspect there's one salivating for the job right now:

images

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Exactly what I'm think, because NOBODY is going to compete in conference for wins @USCe. And NOBODY is going to compete for recruits in the region with Clemson in state.

However, as we contemplate retired coaches...I suspect there's one salivating for the job right now:

images

All I see is midline understanding, dripping with a decided schematic advantage. Almost not fair.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Before I state my piece here on Chimp let me qualify it with this: I hated the guy and still do. The very HOUR we hired him I thought we were in for a disaster. The day we fired him I felt like celebrating by going on a three day bender. Now, having said all that some of you guys kill me. The first thing i see is the yelping over the payoff. That's called capitalism. If you can convince some damn fool to pay an exuberant price for your services based on whatever you put on your resume or interview then more power to you. Look at Monte Kiffin who continues to sell some fake elixir of success in a 1A program and there seems to always be some jughead stumbling over them selves to pay him millions. Kiffin is 3-4 and on the SEC Final game show I thought Gene Chizik was going to propose to him over the way he's handling Matt Corral. That goes for the show's host as well. So there is always some believer somewhere. Muschamp has his as well. He'll stumble into a DC job somewhere and get a million plus for it to add to the gains he already has. My beef is with the lunkhead who hires Chimper not he who manages to do a Jedi mind trick on making the check writer think: "Yes, he's the coach we've been looking for." I wish the hell I knew how to do that Jedi move.

Nobody arguing about capitilism. God bless the stock market has been kind to me. Generally speaking, it rewards success and punishes failure. Looks like many athletic directors failed to get the memo.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
F South Carolina, they are historically a sub .500 football team that thinks they are relevant in the world of big time college football. The only reason they have a barely above .500 record, at 614-592-44, right now is because of Steve Spurrier and his 86-49 record, and they shyt all over him when he left. They got what they deserved when they hired Chimp, a proven incompetent boob, and declared that they hired a guy who was going to take them to the top.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
We tried to warn them?

This is a clear case of a coach that needs to stay at DC. But heck, SECN will probably pick him up.

Advice to Chump:...Stay Down...Stop getting up...Stay down

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.