The Christmas Star

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
This week the planets Saturn and Jupiter are aligning so they can be seen as almost one star in the lower southwest sky just after sunset. We went out last night to view it. Beautiful clear night and there it was. I took this pic with my cell phone through a small spotting scope. Not a professional pic by any means but still not bad IMO...

I hope you all get a chance to see it before it sinks behind a neighbor's house... :rotfl:

Christmas star 2020.jpg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
This week the planets Saturn and Jupiter are aligning so they can be seen as almost one star in the lower southwest sky just after sunset. We went out last night to view it. Beautiful clear night and there it was. I took this pic with my cell phone through a small spotting scope. Not a professional pic by any means but still not bad IMO...

I hope you all get a chance to see it before it sinks behind a neighbor's house
... :rotfl:

True story. I’m at the mailbox with the kids this afternoon telling them about aiming the telescope directly at the neighbor’s house trying to see the star. To my horror I turn around and the neighbor is standing at her mailbox. I was so embarrassed and had to explain that I wasn’t peeping into her house. Welcome to the neighborhood new neighbor! :headslap:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
True story. I’m at the mailbox with the kids this afternoon telling them about aiming the telescope directly at the neighbor’s house trying to see the star. To my horror I turn around and the neighbor is standing at her mailbox. I was so embarrassed and had to explain that I wasn’t peeping into her house. Welcome to the neighborhood new neighbor! :headslap:
tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb