The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Campbell came out of nowhere and all anyone can say is that he looks good. Good? We don't need good. We need great. We need influential. We need ground moving. We need innovative. Might as well stop behind Macs moving truck and ask him to come back if we are settling for a flash in the pan coach in Campbell

Also, Fleck was the talk of the town just last year. Where is his name now?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
One other thing to add is that Kelly is available right now and we wouldn't have to wait until after the season to hire him it could make the difference. I like our chances of being good next year a lot more if we had our guy sooner.
If we hire kelly let's say in a months time, this class explodes imho. The excitement builds throughout the recruiting season, hell kelly could even go out and recruit.

I can wait for a Frost but a kelly now would be exciting

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://gatorchatter.com/threads/her...ng-candidates-discussed-on-gatorchatter.2524/
here you go QCG did this 3 years ago.
It is official - 100 candidates discussed to become the next football coach! These candidates range from the totally implausible (Chris Leak) to the reasonable (Freeze, Stoops, etc.). We analyzed, mocked, promoted, and dismissed all of these candidates. Feel free to post any other names, and I'll add them to the list.
  1. Bob Stoops
  2. Chip Kelly
  3. Petrino
  4. Dan Quinn
  5. Spurrier
  6. Schottenheimer
  7. K Shanahan
  8. M Shanahan
  9. Harbaugh
  10. Gundy
  11. Whittingham
  12. Belichick
  13. Hudspeth
  14. Holliday
  15. Mike Smith
  16. Tom Coughlin
  17. Durkin
  18. Kiffin
  19. Lou Holtz
  20. Strong
  21. Smart
  22. Cam Cameron
  23. James Franklin
  24. Butch Jones
  25. Addazzio
  26. Jimmie Johnson
  27. Freeze
  28. Mullen
  29. Schiano
  30. Holgerson
  31. RichRod
  32. Chizik
  33. Mcelwain
  34. Kerwin Bell
  35. Graham
  36. Patterson
  37. Briles
  38. Swinney
  39. Chad Morris
  40. Mike Leach
  41. Mark Stoops
  42. Leipold
  43. McDaniels
  44. John Gruden
  45. Jay Gruden
  46. Hoke
  47. Malzahn
  48. Bill Snyder
  49. Glanville
  50. Mularkey
  51. Sumlin
  52. Weis
  53. Saban
  54. Cutcliffe
  55. Tebow
  56. Leak
  57. Rex Grossman
  58. John Reeves
  59. Jesse Palmer
  60. Noah Brindise
  61. James Bates
  62. Brandon James
  63. George O’Leary
  64. Wayne Peace
  65. Jimbo Fisher
  66. Gary Anderson
  67. Orgeron
  68. Pelini
  69. Harsin
  70. Pinkel
  71. Mack Brown
  72. Mora Jr.
  73. Chris Creighton
  74. Kingsbury
  75. Zook
  76. Mendenhall
  77. D Dooley
  78. Butch Davis
  79. Dykes
  80. Fedora
  81. Nutt
  82. Lazor
  83. Bielma
  84. Roper
  85. Dantonio
  86. Bobby Bowden
  87. Rex Ryan
  88. Jim Tressel
  89. Herm Edwards
  90. Bob Daives
  91. Tyrone Willingham
  92. Urban Meyer
  93. Mike Belotti
  94. Matt Campbell
  95. Pete Lembo
  96. Jack del Rio
  97. David Shaw
  98. Matt Wells
  99. Goff
  100. Stallings
SPECIAL fictional/dead coaches section.
1. Rudy
2. Goldie Hawn
3. Eric Taylor
4. Bear Bryant

#1QueenCityGator, Nov 29, 2014

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
So will the hire happen before the new Dec early signing period?

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
If we hire kelly let's say in a months time, this class explodes imho. The excitement builds throughout the recruiting season, hell kelly could even go out and recruit.

I can wait for a Frost but a kelly now would be exciting
This.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I'm listening to Ackerman and Matthews.

Brady just opined that he doesn't believe that a young coach could handle the pressure at UF.

In other words, Ackerman's not willing to GAMBLE on a young coach.

Some of you will get that. :)

Last edited:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Lmao get out here. The only pressure at UF is to compete and excite the fan base. That's literally it. A run like Spurriers 12: 1 national title and a few sec titles does it. Hell bob stoops at OU was the SAME run. Just compete, keep us in contention every year, give us something watchable on one of our only two off days from work, and you're golden. Are we insane for wanting that?

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So will the hire happen before the new Dec early signing period?
Stricklin made a comment that it would be ideal, but they want the best coaching fit possible. I interpret as we want a new coach in time to get kids comfortable signing early, but we aren’t going to settle to make it happen.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone knows that Chip Kelly has been a wet dream to me for several years, but I do have concerns. The biggest is I don't think he likes coaching college football. We're obviously looking for a long-term guy, and it's unlikely it would be him anywhere. I feel that even if he was successful, he'd always be looking for another shot in the NFL.

Saying that, even if we could have him for 2 or 3 years it would put us immediately back on the map and put the brand right back in the spotlight.

Frost is basically a younger version of Kelly, without the astounding 46-7 run to his name. He's not nationally known....yet. As a result I see more risk here, as he simply hasn't been a head coach that long. Are we going to take yet another chance at an unproven guy? The upside is that if he works out he could be at UF for a long, long time.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I never liked the Kelly rumors, but now that we have a small chance, let’s go for it. After him, Frost and then I don’t know. We can pick a lot of these guys apart based on recruiting ties. I still say take a big cut at Quinn, even though it’ll be a small chance. You have to at least add him to the gauge your interest list.

Outside of those three, you just have to pick the best coach and hope they hire the best recruiting staff they can. Fuentes, Norvall, and Campbell may fit that bill. I wouldn’t be opposed to Brohm.

The main thing i’d like to see is some discipline in this team. Be a coach not a friend. Like most of us, your father became your friend after he molded you and guided you. I never got a PB&J for fccking up

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone knows that Chip Kelly has been a wet dream to me for several years, but I do have concerns. The biggest is I don't think he likes coaching college football. We're obviously looking for a long-term guy, and it's unlikely it would be him anywhere. I feel that even if he was successful, he'd always be looking for another shot in the NFL.

Saying that, even if we could have him for 2 or 3 years it would put us immediately back on the map and put the brand right back in the spotlight.

Frost is basically a younger version of Kelly, without the astounding 46-7 run to his name. He's not nationally known....yet. As a result I see more risk here, as he simply hasn't been a head coach that long. Are we going to take yet another chance at an unproven guy? The upside is that if he works out he could be at UF for a long, long time.

Preach it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.