Status
Not open for further replies.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not really. I actually would prefer a run heavy offense to set up the pass. But you need a monster oLine to do that. Even Spurrier’s best years were run heavy.
Well...you have to account for Spurrier be so far ahead at halftime that he just ran clock in the second half. But yes, Spurrier was very typically a balanced offense.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I know I'll get roasted for this but I would prefer an offense where the QB lines up under center at least 50% of the time and not some zone read gimmick based shotgun offense. I'd much rather see a QB like Danny Wuerffel than Tim Tebow, I know that's heresy around here.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Everyone assumes Frost wants to go back to Nebraska.. apparently his time there was mostly unpleasant until his final season.

Maybe he would prefer to make his own name.. so far, he's my favorite that's been mentioned.

If one more person says 'mullen' to me, I'm going to puke.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I know I'll get roasted for this but I would prefer an offense where the QB lines up under center at least 50% of the time and not some zone read gimmick based shotgun offense. I'd much rather see a QB like Danny Wuerffel than Tim Tebow, I know that's heresy around here.

How many top teams have an offense where the QB is under center 50% or more of the time now?

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Charlie Strong with his young OC Sterling Gilbert have been putting up points at USF. The offense at UT with frosh QB Shane Buechele was quite good. Why not him? His defense at UT failed him. Offense was never an issue. Racist boosters at Texas did not want any part of him. In a few weeks Frost and Strong will duke it out to represent their division in AAC.

Last edited:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Word is Frost, Norvell, and Taggart have been contacted. I really hope the importance is in that order. I am not sold on Taggart

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Frost is great...on paper. His heart though is with UNL (I know, don't write). We may just have forced Nebraska's hand into going for him. Read somewhere that all they would have to do is send Tom Osborne to ask and it's done.

What worries me is that if Frost signs on here, it will just be a quick stepping stone to UNL - just like the Head Esophagus did but minus the NCs.
I'm sure he loves Nebraska, but I would bet ultimately his eyes are on the NFL so would be looking for the college program that would give him the best chance at getting to the top the quickest.

The coaches always mentioned as influences for Frost are Dungy, Belichick, Parcells, Walsh, Gruden, etc etc. I think those who see him as a 10 yr coach at UF will be disappointed. If he could come in, unseat an aging Saban in say 4 years or so, I think he bolts for the NLF while he's still young.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lol it's lying season, fellas.

@CFTalk: Report: Willie Taggart not interested in Florida job https://wp.me/p14QTT-1Dfu

Stricklin straight up said don't believe anything because they arent divulging anything. But here we are with tons of talk already.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Remember after Zook was fired, Urban Meyer was at Utah and in our sights along with several other schools. Almost everyone (including me) assumed he would go to Notre Dame which was also looking at the time. I was shocked when he announced he was coming to UF. Now lots of people assume Nebraska would have a leg up on Frost. I'm hoping he would rather remain in sunny Florida rather than go to the snow-swept cornfields of Nebraska.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Charlie Strong with his young OC Sterling Gilbert have been putting up points at USF. The offense at UT with frosh QB Shane Buechele was quite good. Why not him? His defense at UT failed him. Offense was never an issue. Racist boosters at Texas did not want any part of him. In a few weeks Frost and Strong will duke it out to represent their division in AAC.

"Racist" Boosters had nothing to do with him losing to a ****ing Kansas team and not making it to a bowl at Texas. Keep that G5 coach away from this program

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I'm not a fan of Taggart. Think we are looking at his recruiting rather than his overall ability to win big games. Didn't see that being done at USF although he did help build it to where it is.

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
I'm not a fan of Taggart. Think we are looking at his recruiting rather than his overall ability to win big games. Didn't see that being done at USF although he did help build it to where it is.
He will bring Mario Cristobal

GatorArts

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2017
Chip is my #1 pick, but... I read that there is another road block to Kelly coming to any SEC school. This year the SEC voted in a new rule; any school wanting to hire a coach that's had any trouble with the NCAA must first contact and get permission from the SEC commissioner. The article I read said that is why Tennessee and Florida weren't talking about him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
LOL at the Nebraska talk. As far as being NC contenders again, that program is FINISHED. Forever. College football has changed one hell of a lot since the 1990's and before, and that school is in a poor position to stockpile the kind of talent they used to. Everyone knows it, certainly including Frost. The pressure there for him would be ten times worse than UF, as they would be expecting their "son" to come home and literally perform miracles with a school in the middle of a bunch of corn fields without a 4-star player within a thousand miles.

The Nebraska job isn't even in the same stratosphere as the Florida job, and I can guaran-damn-tee you Frost knows it. If Tom Osborne himself shows up to ask him, he's going to get a polite "no thanks". Hell, even the UT job is a better one.

It's over, Cornhuskers. You had a hell of a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.