The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Chip is my #1 pick, but... I read that there is another road block to Kelly coming to any SEC school. This year the SEC voted in a new rule; any school wanting to hire a coach that's had any trouble with the NCAA must first contact and get permission from the SEC commissioner. The article I read said that is why Tennessee and Florida weren't talking about him.

Stricklin: Sankey.. you cool with us hiring Kelly?
Sankey: yep.
Stricklin: thanks

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Lol it's lying season, fellas.

@CFTalk: Report: Willie Taggart not interested in Florida job https://wp.me/p14QTT-1Dfu

Stricklin straight up said don't believe anything because they arent divulging anything. But here we are with tons of talk already.

THIS 100% Guys are going to try to make noise on twitter by saying stuff.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The news of the firing relived a lot of pain we went through with Butters. Unfortunately, we may be in a position where many may be disappointed with the new hire. I am trying to prepare for that. Hiring the best coach is not easy to do nowadays.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Whoever is hired, they sure as h3ll better be able to stop the stupidity of selfish players jeopardizing the whole season and sabotaging their teammates with idiotic financial schemes. Looks like many of the players had no respect or fear of Mac and Mac pampered serial offenders. Correct me if I am mistaken about that but player selfishness and stupidity seemed rampant under Mac

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The one plus about firing Mac this season, there is a wealth of quality candidates.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Here's the problem with Kelly - you don't want to throw so much money at someone so that they are just doing it for the money.
Here's the problem with Frost - He could be a one-hit wonder and his shtick not work in the bigs.

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gundy is another one I don't understand why he would ever leave unless he's forced out. That being said, I'm a serious fan of his mullet!!!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've made it clear I think we should throw the kitchen sink at Matt Campbell, but I'd be ok with Frost. The one HUGE caveat with Frost is the fact that he's only been a head coach for a year and a half. Does he have staying power, or is this just a great year because he's torching Austin Peay every other week? I think Matt Campbell would be a slam dunk, he's going to win a boatload of games for a bigger program than Iowa St. one day. You don't beat two top 5 teams in a month with your 3rd string QB and a bunch of 2-3* guys by accident.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Whoever is hired, they sure as h3ll better be able to stop the stupidity of selfish players jeopardizing the whole season and sabotaging their teammates with idiotic financial schemes. Looks like many of the players had no respect or fear of Mac and Mac pampered serial offenders. Correct me if I am mistaken about that but player selfishness and stupidity seemed rampant under Mac
Yeah except the dumbass forgot to pamper the one who now leads the nation in TD passes.....playing elsewhere :headslap:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I've made it clear I think we should throw the kitchen sink at Matt Campbell, but I'd be ok with Frost. The one HUGE caveat with Frost is the fact that he's only been a head coach for a year and a half. Does he have staying power, or is this just a great year because he's torching Austin Peay every other week? I think Matt Campbell would be a slam dunk, he's going to win a boatload of games for a bigger program than Iowa St. one day. You don't beat two top 5 teams in a month with your 3rd string QB and a bunch of 2-3* guys by accident.

They lost to a mediocre Iowa and Texas team. Offense isn't impressive. No real identity other than a team that plays hard. Hell to the no

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I know I'll get roasted for this but I would prefer an offense where the QB lines up under center at least 50% of the time and not some zone read gimmick based shotgun offense. I'd much rather see a QB like Danny Wuerffel than Tim Tebow, I know that's heresy around here.

I don't know about lining up under center 50% of the time, but I too prefer a QB who can read a defense and mostly leaves the running to the RBs.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I don't know about lining up under center 50% of the time, but I too prefer a QB who can read a defense and mostly leaves the running to the RBs.
Well obviously it doesn't have be exactly 50% of the time, the statement is just general that I want a true QB instead of a throwing running back and an offense that can provide multiple different looks depending on what the situation is.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They lost to a mediocre Iowa and Texas team. Offense isn't impressive. No real identity other than a team that plays hard. Hell to the no
They’re still a supremely undertalented team playing in a P5 conference. I’d say the only teams with less talent in that conference are Kansas and Baylor. He’s not going undefeated with that team. But this guy has them in the top 15 and in the driver’s seat for a conference championship. If you can’t see the value in that, but cream your skinny jeans over a guy clobbering a JV schedule, I don’t know what else to say.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
They’re still a supremely undertalented team playing in a P5 conference. I’d say the only teams with less talent in that conference are Kansas and Baylor. He’s not going undefeated with that team. But this guy has them in the top 15 and in the driver’s seat for a conference championship. If you can’t see the value in that, but cream your skinny jeans over a guy clobbering a JV schedule, I don’t know what else to say.
Did you jerk off on your hand me down couch to macelwain at CSU too? I'm reserved now. What's elite about him? Literally nothing screams elite. One good season does not make him the next great coach. I want someone who is excellent, with few peers, at SOMETHING. Frost is one of the best o minds in the game and so is kelly. Norvell is also innovative and great at O. Campbell can sure craft a post game speech. Jesus Christ roll out the red carpet. We need another talker. The big 12 is piss pure garbage. If he did this multiple years I'd be ok. But we don't have another season to wait it out. It's either the absolute best hire now or we are ****ed for another 3-4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.