Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I only remember kazoos, rythym sticks,and tamborines

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Correction - Middle School (ages 7-12, about 60 kids from various schools in the program). Not taking anything away from an awesome performance (wonder what influence it will have on the kids), but if I imagined elementary aged kids doing this I think there'd be a few head injuries and bashed fingers involved.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nice job TLB. These kids are not in a school music program. This program is an extracurricular one. They've been around for a long time. Search Youtube for Louisville Leopard Percussionists and see "Crazy Train, Low Rider, and more. From this Zep video, notice the primary blonde boy in the gray playing the gold xylophone... On the Crazy Train video from 2011, you can see the same kid, albeit smaller, playing in the back... Very cool stuff that they do.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
^ Nope.

This is, in fact, a random series of events colliding together to make one perfect day of music for kids that have never practiced before or know each other.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty amazing any way you look at it. And to boot there is not a sheet of music to be seen anywhere. For a song that long, from that age group, it is pretty spectacular and I am sure took many hours of practice. Most kids can't hold their attention that long. So, kudos to them.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
WillGetIn;n183390 said:
Nice job TLB. These kids are not in a school music program. This program is an extracurricular one. They've been around for a long time. Search Youtube for Louisville Leopard Percussionists and see "Crazy Train, Low Rider, and more. From this Zep video, notice the primary blonde boy in the gray playing the gold xylophone... On the Crazy Train video from 2011, you can see the same kid, albeit smaller, playing in the back... Very cool stuff that they do.

Again, my super mental skills miss the obvious. I hadn't thought to search for any other videos, just the ones you list are getting me giddy. Thanks, I'll go look them up now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator