The dangers of being a Gator fan

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
This was too funny just had to share it. I had my annual appointment with my cardiologist today. Doc asked me if I had been having any chest pain. I answered only during the 4th quarter of the Kentucky game. Doc laughed and said this is no joke. The 1997 FSU game gave him 4 heart attack victims. I laughed back and said he almost had me during the OT game against Tennessee a few years ago, I seriously thought I was going to have to go to the hospital that night.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I love my Gators with every ounce of my soul. But I’ll be damned if a football game is going to put me in a bad mood or cause health problems.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I felt like I aged 4 years by the end of that Miami game. The last 8 minutes was absolutely maddening.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I felt like I aged 4 years by the end of that Miami game. The last 8 minutes was absolutely maddening.
My getting stressed or pissed ended during Chump’s tenure. I pretty much laughed or slept through Butters’ reign.
I doubt I’ll ever take it too serious again.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My getting stressed or pissed ended during Chump’s tenure. I pretty much laughed or slept through Butters’ reign.
I doubt I’ll ever take it too serious again.
I wish I could do that, but I'm surrounded by suckholes and all they do is run their man pleasers.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Just ***** slap em and they’ll STFU.
one of them is my division head. But I did roast him on social media Saturday after that epic loss lol.

He posted something earlier in the day about us being a 3 loss minimum team. I waited till after uva W went final, then responded by saying, "3 wins, maximum." He was not amused :lol:

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The last 10 years has really calmed me down. Unless we lose to Georgia or FSU or any team we play then I lose my ****...

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I still get pissed off during the game, but don't have the lingering depressed mood I used to get after a loss. Now I quickly settle on the fact that it's not very important in the big scheme of things so not worth letting it bother me more than a few minutes and a couple well chosen swears in the immediate aftermath.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When I was a kid, I would watch the games wearing my visor or hat, and I would throw it down like the Head Ball Coach (sometimes it was thrown across the room). I don't think I broke that habit until my late 20's.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I love my Gators with every ounce of my soul. But I’ll be damned if a football game is going to put me in a bad mood or cause health problems.
Health problems? Not an issue and likely never will be.

Bad mood? Even when I try to maintain composure after a loss, my wife acts like I'm burning down the house.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Yes, I'm a Gator football addict, thank goodness there is no jail sentence for such. Frankly it wouldn't be as much fun and stadiums, teams and programs would be much smaller if you didn't "live and die" with your team. Heck, Ox would have to get a real job and we can't have that!

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Yeah, in 1998. That was a few years ago. :lol:

:eek3: I try to erase Collins Cooper from my mind...My uncle did work with Jeff Chandler's dad at the time and Chandler's dad was so happy it wasn't Jeff on that kick. I really wish I kept that game burnt from my mind.:banghead:

Last edited:

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
Yup it was 98 guess it was more than a few years ago. I should have realized it was before I had the stent put in my heart. I don't get chest pains much anymore......gotta admit my chest was pounding Saturday night though.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I put a hole in the wall during the 06 Auburn game. Would have days ruined after a loss. Then Chump and Butters came along and I just learned to laugh about it. What else could you do at that point?

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

I take my own football team's losses far harder than Florida's. Sure I get bummed - but it's not like I was on the field every day working towards the win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator