Gator Baseball The dawn of a bold new UF error

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Prove there was not 2-5K at good games.
Look, it doesn't need to be proven that UF lies about the attendance. We saw them consistently claim 90k during the late Chump and Butters era when 1/3 or more of the stadium was clearly empty. I've also been by that baseball field a bunch long ago, like daily, and never saw more than a few dozen there.

Let's just say seeing is believing. I'd like to see it.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Prove there was not 2-5K at good games.

My attendance numbers are based on my shoddy memory of the attendance that is usually announced in the later innings but I did not record and average those numbers. If you have the exact records be my guest to enlighten us but if your are just guessing admit it and move on.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My attendance numbers are based on my shoddy memory of the attendance that is usually announced in the later innings but I did not record and average those numbers. If you have the exact records be my guest to enlighten us but if your are just guessing admit it and move on.
Guessing? No, I walked by the thing every single day of my time at UF. I rarely drove to school. Didn't even have a parking pass.

I've never seen a crowd even in the 100s. But this was back in the day. Just show me what one of these crowd of thousands looks like. I'd like to see it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Argument needs to go scaled back to the beginning.

Baseball: A great collegiate sport that appeals to a limited audience and pulls in a commensurate amount of income.

Football — Goliath.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Guessing? No, I walked by the thing every single day of my time at UF. I rarely drove to school. Didn't even have a parking pass.

I've never seen a crowd even in the 100s. But this was back in the day. Just show me what one of these crowd of thousands looks like. I'd like to see it.

I started taking my son to games in 92 and got season tickets in 98. The FSU, Miami, LSU, South Carolina, Auburn, Georgia, Vandy, Tenn, etc., etc, etc, games were packed. Non conference games like Cal State Fullerton, Michigan and others were also very well attended, not to mention regionals and super regionals. Games like Bethune Cookman, Stetson, Jacksonville, etc are lesser crowds but I believe get over 1,000.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who takes pics of the crowd?
You have a phone in your pocket, dude. I'd like to see what a Gator baseball crowd looks like. It's not that hard.

People in football games take pics of the swamp and the crowd all the damn time.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I have driven over 100 miles round trip to Gator Baseball games since 1992 because I love baseball, I love the Gators and I love watching a few future MLB players hone their skills learn to compete at a higher level regardless of how many other people were there. Hopefully, the parking accommodations will be better than at McKethan

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
9a3e073c0b30b345ddaaf2a6ff545150.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
STandby Im counting.

That is a bigger crowd than I've ever seen.

Just as I suspected, Sas didn't go.

Edit: So, counting half the stands, bc Im lazy and bc it's off the screen, and doubling it, 1000? Maybe?

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
You have a phone in your pocket, dude. I'd like to see what a Gator baseball crowd looks like. It's not that hard.

People in football games take pics of the swamp and the crowd all the damn time.

Hey Donk, I will try to remember to post a photo of the crowd Friday or Saturday for the Marshall game along with the temperature and weather conditions.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
STandby Im counting.

That is a bigger crowd than I've ever seen.

Just as I suspected, Sas didn't go.

Edit: So, counting half the stands, bc Im lazy and bc it's off the screen, and doubling it, 1000? Maybe?

I was going to guess 1,500.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Football — Goliath.
They lie even about that. They try to attribute merchandise sales evenly across the board when everyone knows (even if they won't admit it) that its mostly football.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was going to guess 1,500.
Maybe. Im just spitballing. And maybe there is more behind the home dugout. Hotties trying to land a paycheck.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Donk, I will try to remember to post a photo of the crowd Friday or Saturday for the Marshall game along with the temperature and weather conditions.
Cool. That's all I was wanting to see. I've just never seen even a baseball croud as large as was posted.

Look, I'd LOVE us to have the best baseball, basketball, wresting, tiddlywinks, debate, hammer throw, connect 4, astrology, astronomy, crochet, croquet, quantative physics, and queer games teams. I really would. Im bullshytting about the other sports. Im not interested usually, but every Gator would like to win everything. It doesn't make me feel better to know Uga owns us now and for the foreseeable future by claiming we have a good whatever team.

I just want football fixed right fvkking now. Im not BS ing about that. And football is the one that is two decades behind our competition and hurting badly from it. I don't doubt for a second that slumlord Fooley screwed the other teams too, but football is the one that was hurt the worst bc that's where other schools (smartly) put their money. We cannot afford another failed coach and this coach is weak at recruiting. We need to give him help, and right damn now.

I don't understand why our admin acts like we don't give them money when they've always been at least top 10 and we've been top 2 often. And yet they plead poverty while tucking tens of millions in their own pockets.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe. Im just spitballing. And maybe there is more behind the home dugout. Hotties trying to land a paycheck.

I so seldom check in on baseball. My memories date back to the old Perry Field. My immediate supervisor at the Sun was a huge UF baseball fan, very close to Coach Jay Bergman. Served as official scorer at the games. We talked a lot about Gator baseball.

I love the game. I can’t get into the collegiate version. I’m not sure why.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Look, it doesn't need to be proven that UF lies about the attendance. We saw them consistently claim 90k during the late Chump and Butters era when 1/3 or more of the stadium was clearly empty. I've also been by that baseball field a bunch long ago, like daily, and never saw more than a few dozen there.

Let's just say seeing is believing. I'd like to see it.

Law, I go to alot of baseball games and you know I am not a shill and call it as I see it. So I will give you the "my own 2 eyes facts". During the regular season there will be ONE home game of greater than 6K. It is against the :nole::nole:. Every other year that we host scrotUM in a weekend series the Friday and Sat. nite games will be between 4500 and 6K. Sunday will be 3K+.

During the SEC it depends on our standing and our opponents. Never more than 5k at best. The best series in the past 3-4 years was when Texas A@M came to town ranked 1 and we were ranked 2. I even commented how poor the crowds were as none of the games topped 4K to the naked eye. Heck even in 2017 when Auburn came to town and the kid who was going to be the #1 pick pitched on Friday nite against Singer, another 1st rounder and the crowd was 4K tops. Now regionals might get 4K at the UF game and Supers can get above 5K, depending on opponent.

But in short, you are correct. No more than 5 regular season games in a given year will see 4K plus at a single game.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Cool. That's all I was wanting to see. I've just never seen even a baseball croud as large as was posted.

Look, I'd LOVE us to have the best baseball, basketball, wresting, tiddlywinks, debate, hammer throw, connect 4, astrology, astronomy, crochet, croquet, quantative physics, and queer games teams. I really would. Im bullshytting about the other sports. Im not interested usually, but every Gator would like to win everything. It doesn't make me feel better to know Uga owns us now and for the foreseeable future by claiming we have a good whatever team.

I just want football fixed right fvkking now. Im not BS ing about that. And football is the one that is two decades behind our competition and hurting badly from it. I don't doubt for a second that slumlord Fooley screwed the other teams too, but football is the one that was hurt the worst bc that's where other schools (smartly) put their money. We cannot afford another failed coach and this coach is weak at recruiting. We need to give him help, and right damn now.

I don't understand why our admin acts like we don't give them money when they've always been at least top 10 and we've been top 2 often. And yet they plead poverty while tucking tens of millions in their own pockets.

I try to only worry or obsess about things I can control. Go Gators!!

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Argument needs to go scaled back to the beginning.

Baseball: A great collegiate sport that appeals to a limited audience and pulls in a commensurate amount of income.

Football — Goliath.
Nuff said

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator