The definitive Jeremy Foley life story

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Thanks for admitting you only care about football. I wonder if you have a degree from UF on your wall.
What matters and what one cares about are not always the same. I’ve made no secret about where football is in my pecking order. It’s the King. It also pays for everything. That’s why it should be what matters most to the AD as well. As to what’s on my wall, your right, I don’t have A degree from UF on my wall, I have two degrees from UF on my wall. Not sure why that’s relevant to the discussion though.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
What matters and what one cares about are not always the same. I’ve made no secret about where football is in my pecking order. It’s the King. It also pays for everything. That’s why it should be what matters most to the AD as well. As to what’s on my wall, your right, I don’t have A degree from UF on my wall, I have two degrees from UF on my wall. Not sure why that’s relevant to the discussion though.

It is relevant because I believe that graduates value academics more than say football. Now my opinion is that every student athlete is part of my Gator family, those great say softball players just as important as any football player.

And sure mistakes were made, but there were some constraints as well. Many who we wanted to be our HBC declined the offer so we got something less than we wanted. Happens all the time.

Congrats on having two degrees, that is what really matters.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You're a yankee. Where should we send your ass?
i-will-find-you-1024x461.png

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is relevant because I believe that graduates value academics more than say football. .
That Horsetoothed Retard failing as an AD did nothing to advance academics.

The academic side of the house consider tens of millions of dollars as rounding errors. They deal in billions of assets and incomes and have 1.5 billion just sitting in investments.

The fact that Fooley had top 2- top 10 revenue for three decades and he chose to put 40% into admin just makes him a greedy Slumlord. The academic side wouldn't have noticed a 50 million dollar football facility even if they had paid it with university money instead of UAA.

The fact that fact that you couldnt destroy an athletic program more thoroughly if it was your overt goal I guess was happenstance. However, if he had suceeeded more you could have seen the athletic department in the red and academics having to pay for all the nonrevenue sports, instead of football paying the freight.

Your excuses are as lame as your sarcasm.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Should be called the rise and fall of Jeremy Foley. He did well through 09. Then fell off a cliff. He rose to the highest mountain the preceded to fall off said mountain.

I won't ignore the good he did but the final chapters were blood baths and the destruction of the football program.

He stayed on long past his prime and ended up to more harm than good.

He'll be looked back on in ok terms by many but to me he failed to keep up basic facilities. Lots of good...lots of bad.

Someone should have taken his keys away after Meyer. Time for new blood then. They let grandpa keep driving and he ended up killing some pedestrians.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
It is relevant because I believe that graduates value academics more than say football. Now my opinion is that every student athlete is part of my Gator family, those great say softball players just as important as any football player.

And sure mistakes were made, but there were some constraints as well. Many who we wanted to be our HBC declined the offer so we got something less than we wanted. Happens all the time.

Congrats on having two degrees, that is what really matters.

I think your entire academic argument is a complete Red Herring. The UAA is self funding. Has nothing to do with academics. The simple fact is that football players are more important than any other scholarship athlete at UF. You don't have to like it, but its a fact. Fans can consider all scholarship athletes as equals, and I think that's commendable, but those charged with running the UAA can't take that position because it just isn't true. There is no way to excuse Zook, Mushchamp and Mac. That is a triumvirate of incompetence that will never be equaled in my or my grandchildren's lifetimes.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He’s paid entirely too much and has created too big of an empire that needs to be cut.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Frack Fooley. Dude F'd up the football program all the while taking credit for other people's work. I know for a fact he wasn't in charge of the Meyer hire. He got in some trouble for it because he wasn't prepared for to hire anyone. He gave SOS a lot of grief too.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’m confused. Foley gets the blame for NOT rehiring SOS, but the same folks say he had nothing to do with the hiring of Meyer.
Which is it you miserable m’fers? :lol:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’m confused. Foley gets the blame for NOT rehiring SOS, but the same folks say he had nothing to do with the hiring of Meyer.
Both. Screwed up bringing SOS back then was saved by Machen who convinced his former coach to come to Florida.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Who said anything about rehiring SOS? During SOS's last few years at UF, Foley didn't give the same support to SOS that he was giving to other programs. Now I don't know nor do I profess to know if this was a reason for SOS to leave but I am sure it didn't help. I assume SOS was leaving at some point anyways to try out the pros again. But ... Foley was caught with his pants down when SOS did leave and he had no list or contingency plans ready. He took SOS for granted and got caught up in the easy build of all the other sports programs while neglecting the football program.

As for the hiring of Meyer, t is a fact ... he had very little to do with the hiring of Meyer other than being a courier and messenger ... fact. There was a back and forth negotiating that Foley had no authority to engage in ... he had to run it up the flag pole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.