The definitive Jeremy Foley life story

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Beings that you guys are pretty much kinfolk. Does he remind you and your people of "Brick" from anchor man?

I wouldn't say kinfolk, or even close, ftr. Just knows a few people in my circle, some fairly well.

Never thought about the Brick comparison. I have no issue with anyone other than when they show unfounded arrogance(no different than WM or JM) and keep insisting that they know better with little to no evidence to support it. Generally, my interactions with him have been pleasant. But when he puts on that smug look at pressers, especially when it's having to be done because you he just failed at this 3 years prior, it gets under my skin.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well everyone has their own opinion, mine is shared by many, and a million is not that much anymore. His best thing is keeping UF out of future financial trouble by not borrowing large amounts of money, and getting our academics in line with the future.

I agree that opinions are what they are and I agree that Foley didn’t mortgage the future.
But I have no idea what you are referring to when you say that he improved academics. I think the university president, regents, and faculty own that versus the AD.

And please don’t refer to the fact that players are not failing classes because we all know that it’s nearly impossible for an athlete to flunk out these days with a room full of tutors and the boom boom classes most of them take.

My beef with Foley was his failure to see the trends in college athletics and his tendency to get cute in his hiring process versus aggressively going after the best candidate

I am not arguing just sharing my opinion

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Should be called the rise and fall of Jeremy Foley. He did well through 09. Then fell off a cliff. He rose to the highest mountain the preceded to fall off said mountain.

I won't ignore the good he did but the final chapters were blood baths and the destruction of the football program.

He stayed on long past his prime and ended up to more harm than good.

He'll be looked back on in ok terms by many but to me he failed to keep up basic facilities. Lots of good...lots of bad.

Someone should have taken his keys away after Meyer. Time for new blood then. They let grandpa keep driving and he ended up killing some pedestrians.

And the final dagger was the fact that UF settled for their fourth or fifth choice for his replacement in large part due to his insistence that he sticks around and looks over the shoulder of his successor.

What truly successful AD would agree to that situation?

I have no problem with a short term transition but he is still in the building two years later due to his insecurity

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I agree that opinions are what they are and I agree that Foley didn’t mortgage the future.
But I have no idea what you are referring to when you say that he improved academics. I think the university president, regents, and faculty own that versus the AD.

And please don’t refer to the fact that players are not failing classes because we all know that it’s nearly impossible for an athlete to flunk out these days with a room full of tutors and the boom boom classes most of them take.

My beef with Foley was his failure to see the trends in college athletics and his tendency to get cute in his hiring process versus aggressively going after the best candidate

I am not arguing just sharing my opinion

Otis Hawkins Center

Now he was far from perfect, especially in hiring football coaches, yet he does have a lot of accomplishments. Not arguing either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb