The definitive photo of the Ron Zook era at Florida

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
Who cares if the players liked him? That’s not a requirement for leadership. It’s a nice side benefit if it happens but plenty of jerks make good leaders. I’m sure all those tide kids don’t love Saban other than the money they end up making after he gets them to the nfl. Belicheat seems like a total d bag most of the time but players want to be on that team - almost assured a ring at some point.

K

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Who cares if the players liked him? That’s not a requirement for leadership. It’s a nice side benefit if it happens but plenty of jerks make good leaders. I’m sure all those tide kids don’t love Saban other than the money they end up making after he gets them to the nfl. Belicheat seems like a total d bag most of the time but players want to be on that team - almost assured a ring at some point.

He was probably too friendly but Zook actually hated losing unlike Butters I think It was time for Zook to go but I don't hold ill will towards him like Butters. Butters made those 2 SECCGs and then went full sabotage mode.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
He was probably too friendly but Zook actually hated losing unlike Butters I think It was time for Zook to go but I don't hold ill will towards him like Butters. Butters made those 2 SECCGs and then went full sabotage mode.
I met Zook - nice guy. Nothing personal, just don’t like him as a coach. No disagreement from me on Butters. Dude sucked all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.