The Fightin Kerwins play for championship today

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wish KB the best. Time for his career to ascend. Wouldn't it be fun if he became HC for one of McElblame's conference foes ?

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No the last reason we hated him was because he didn't have enough experience to be a coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We hired Christian Robinson, whose resume says Dwag and grad assistant. He had not coached a single day in his life.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Do we still hate him because he doesn't run the option?
No. He isn't very coordinated...

Football-celebration-fail.gif

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Interesting game if not for two pretty big mistakes it would be much better for our favorite.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Terrible defense on both sides of the ball....or really good offenses, depending on how you look at it.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It was an exciting game but so many mistakes that if it was the Gators I would be very unhappy about them. Of course a victory makes all those mistakes less important.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Undefeated NC...and you would be unhappy. Unreal

Yes I am not real. Tipped ball for a TD, muffed punt resulting in a cheap TD, lack of coverage on fake screen results in TD, multiple bad penalties, multiple hits out of bounds not called. Now the comment was about this one game and if you made all these blunders against a decent team no way would you win.

I do have very high standards especially about lack of mental awareness penalties or blunders.

Did you watch any of the game, they only won due to a missed two point conversion, otherwise OT.

Of course you are welcome to your opinion.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Yes I am not real. Tipped ball for a TD, muffed punt resulting in a cheap TD, lack of coverage on fake screen results in TD, multiple bad penalties, multiple hits out of bounds not called. Now the comment was about this one game and if you made all these blunders against a decent team no way would you win.

I do have very high standards especially about lack of mental awareness penalties or blunders.

Did you watch any of the game, they only won due to a missed two point conversion, otherwise OT.

I did not watch the game, but Chief you have been around here long enough to know that most Gator fans don't give a rat's AZZ about mental awareness/blunders, penalties, process, game management skills, fundamentals, etc.

But it was the last game so the end result is all that matters. but if those mistakes occurred on a consistent basis during the regular season against a rugged SEC schedule, undefeated would not be a reality and a winning record might be a toss up. But congrats to the Throwin Mayoan!

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Congratulations to Kerwin for his National Championship. Well deserved. Lots of good offensive plays, some good defense, some not-so-good defense, including a boneheaded attempt by a defensive player who decided that rather than bat down a pass to the endz-one that was headed out of bounds, he would try to tip it back to another defensive play for a drive-ending interception. Except that instead of tipping it to his guy, it landed in the hands of a Ferris State player for a touchdown. Valdosta State established a 2-score lead early in the 4th quarter, only to let it slip away in the last 6 minutes of the game, with Ferris State having a chance to tie it up on a 2-point conversion with 40 seconds remaining. Fortunately Ferris State failed, and Kerwin and his Valdosta State team won the NC.

It was a fun, but sometimes frustrating game to watch, and a nail-biter until the end. Can't really expect Div II guys to play as well as SEC players though, and overall both teams appeared to be well coached.

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018

Only watched a bit.
You afford no credit to an undefeated season...beating an undefeated team in the Championship game.
It is very difficult to win at any level. So many things out of one’s control.

Your statement is silly. I doubt you’ve laced up cleats, strapped on a helmet, and given everything—fighting through pain and exhaustion—alongside teammates willing to sacrifice their bodies for the ultimate goal of a TEAM victory, week after week.
Fighting through adversity, whether it be injuries, turnovers, poor officiating, penalties, bad decisions or other mistakes on the field. Never relenting, pushing through all obstacles to feel the elation—the ultimate joy—of final victory and pure satisfaction and confirmation that it was all worth it. Every. Single. Second.

But, hey, that’s only my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.