The Fightin Kerwins play for championship today

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That doesn't really mean much, but there is definitely evidence that there a career path from VSU as opposed to some jobs that are career death traps.
You'd be hard pressed to find another D2 school like that.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
VSU is very proud of their coaching tree AND in the players that have gone into the NFL.

But I can't believe their success based on what they pay.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I would love to see Kerwin take a team like S.AL, FIU, So.Miss, UL.

Or OC at a USF... I'd love a C.Stong/Kerwin coaching Team.

He is much better than people know BUT age is catching up to him.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
You'd be hard pressed to find another D2 school like that.

True dat.

North Alabama has produced a few:

(your favorite) Mark Hudspeth
(your 2nd fav) Terry Bowden
(your 3rd) Mickey Andrews
Bobby Wallace (left for Temple)

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He’s not much older than me, but seeing him on the sidelines was a little surprising. Thankfully, I still look 35.

Kerwin could make the "too old" thinking fade if he slimmed down some -- maybe somehow get access to a personal trainer & a gym of some kind ?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Kerwin could make the "too old" thinking fade if he slimmed down some -- maybe somehow get access to a personal trainer & a gym of some kind ?
I could care less, I'd like him play calling for my team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
True dat.

North Alabama has produced a few:

(your favorite) Mark Hudspeth
(your 2nd fav) Terry Bowden
(your 3rd) Mickey Andrews
Bobby Wallace (left for Temple)
Clearly they need to burn that shythole down.

Is Hudspeth even employed?

To think that was Fooley's backup choice to Butters. They wanted to make us into Ga Tech.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I’ve long wondered why Kerwin hasn’t had or taken a D1 opportunity - either QB coach or OC if not HC. He’s had plenty of success plus the NFL experience as a player.

I also wonder why Dwayne Dixon hasn’t ever landed back in a big time program. All those years our WR coaching was so lacking, no one calls the guy? Meanwhile Azzanni hops from big job to big job.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The head coach at Maine (a 1AA team that went 10-4 this year, losing in the 3rd round of the 1AA playoffs) quit to be the DL coach at Minnesota (under PJ Fleck).

Unless Kerwin is hell-bent on being a head coach, I'm about 99% sure he could get a D1 coordinator and/or position coach job if he pursued it....and depending on the school/conference, he'd likely get a fat raise.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I’ve long wondered why Kerwin hasn’t had or taken a D1 opportunity - either QB coach or OC if not HC. He’s had plenty of success plus the NFL experience as a player.

I also wonder why Dwayne Dixon hasn’t ever landed back in a big time program. All those years our WR coaching was so lacking, no one calls the guy? Meanwhile Azzanni hops from big job to big job.

Some have suggested Gonzalez should be replaced. Not bashing G, but I would absolutely replace him in favor of Dwayne Dixon without hesitation. He’s the best WR coach EVER, and possibly in the top 5 for best position coach at UF.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Some have suggested Gonzalez should be replaced. Not bashing G, but I would absolutely replace him in favor of Dwayne Dixon without hesitation. He’s the best WR coach EVER, and possibly in the top 5 for best position coach at UF.

Not to mention an excellent recruiter with deep ties in Florida, local Alachua Santa Fe guy, deep roots in Gator Nation as a stellar player and coach, great team as family coach. He never dropped a pass and his players rarely do.

Can you tell I graduated in ‘83?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Not to mention an excellent recruiter with deep ties in Florida, local Alachua Santa Fe guy, deep roots in Gator Nation as a stellar player and coach, great team as family coach. He never dropped a pass and his players rarely do.

Theo, what college?

I'm 82 AG.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Preach!!!

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Listened to Kerwin in a recent promo. He's cleaned up his English. Look out. Schools are going to be after him. Many smaller schools don't want the reputation as a Football mill. And they have a certain minimal standard for the apparent level of education of their HBC. He meets that expectation now.

He's a damned good coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.