The First Tennessee Thread on the GCMB

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"I hate Neyland stadium. It looks like a garbage truck worker's convention" Nicely said. +1

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Oh Jesus....anything spewing out your mouth is dungeon material......why do you follow a Gator board I will never understand. Probably fat, live with your mom and wear glasses.....yep

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator_Chompz;n10341 said:
Oh Jesus....anything spewing out your mouth is dungeon material......why do you follow a Gator board I will never understand. Probably fat, live with your mom and wear glasses.....yep

I spew? Never realized I spew. This revelation is disconcerting. I shall endeavor to be more gentle and kind.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator_Chompz said:
FIFY
Oh Jesus....anything spewing out Alvin's mouth is dung

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator_Chompz said:

What's wrong with wearing glasses?! :D

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
And Alvin is right, there currently isn't a Dungeon...but perhaps one of these days. I haven't decided if one is necessary. I can easily just lock (or even delete) a thread.
If an opinion means anything a dungeon only serves to remind folks of things that are best forgotten. More work for the over worked admin as well. I vote to lock or better yet delete if it is really that bad.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York said:
oxrageous;n9781 said:
And Alvin is right, there currently isn't a Dungeon...but perhaps one of these days. I haven't decided if one is necessary. I can easily just lock (or even delete) a thread.

I suspected as much. Ox will be there always lurking over me like the hand of God waiting to bring down fire and brimstone on the unbeliever. Can you even imagine the retribution when we take you down in K Town this September. They'll just be a greasy spot left. This is quite a conundrum for myself and any other Vol fan who wanders into the GCMB.
No conundrum (gee a large word), there is a simple and enjoyable solution. Post on Vole forums few here want or need your input.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One thing I like about Alvie is that even with his Vols sucking ass for a decade he comes here to take the heat every time they lose. Which has been a lot.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I was watching the Sugar Bowl (Tebow's last stand) and of course the Vole's HBC was on there talking about how great Cincy was going to be with him there. Since I was at this game I had not seen the broadcast before now. I was struck about how many NFL talent players were on that team and how few we currently have drafted. Somehow the coaches back then got talent that they could develop or perhaps just better. Now I felt bad every time I saw Hernandez make a good play or stand next to Tebow, but that is just me. I wonder how long Jones will last with the very high expectations that the Vole nation has vs their ability to attract top talent and top coaching. Time will tell and we have our own issues of course.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n10428 said:
I was struck about how many NFL talent players were on that team and how few we currently have drafted. Somehow the coaches back then got talent that they could develop or perhaps just better.

Yeah, some guys have it and some guys don't. And it's a snowball effect. Pumpers can praise Mushcramp all they want but deep down they have to know that finishing 6th in the SEC in recruiting with all those unfilled holes in the depth chart and currently being behind Kintucky doesn't bode well for the future. As for Voles, I don't give a damn.

A substantial portion of every fanbase is young. So many here don't even remember when we last had even mediocre passing game and think that the key to winning is having a running qb (not knowing that having a running qb who can runover LBs and SS instead of getting knocked out of the game himself doesn't come along that often).

I wonder what portion of the Vole (or Gators) fanbase even remember the last time that the Voles actually beat us? Probably not many.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UT is going to be beyond terrible this year. Last in the SEC in returning starters from an already terrible team. Both lines are completely gone.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n10576 said:
UT is going to be beyond terrible this year. Last in the SEC in returning starters from an already terrible team. Both lines are completely gone.

Yep. Most UT fans are simply hoping for 6 wins this year. They may get it, but chances are, they won't. It's hard to have a winning team when half of your starters are freshmen and the other half aren't anything special. Jones very well could build that program up to being competitive once again, but their impatient fanbase may not give him the time to do it. UT will have at least 2 loses by the time they play us. If UF beats Bama or at least plays them in a close game, the UT fanbase will be just like they were in 2008: praying that they don't get blown out and then leaving at half-time.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
VulcanAlex;n10428 said:
I was struck about how many NFL talent players were on that team and how few we currently have drafted. Somehow the coaches back then got talent that they could develop or perhaps just better.

Yeah, some guys have it and some guys don't. And it's a snowball effect. Pumpers can praise Mushcramp all they want but deep down they have to know that finishing 6th in the SEC in recruiting with all those unfilled holes in the depth chart and currently being behind Kintucky doesn't bode well for the future. As for Voles, I don't give a damn.

A substantial portion of every fanbase is young. So many here don't even remember when we last had even mediocre passing game and think that the key to winning is having a running qb (not knowing that having a running qb who can runover LBs and SS instead of getting knocked out of the game himself doesn't come along that often).

I wonder what portion of the Vole (or Gators) fanbase even remember the last time that the Voles actually beat us? Probably not many.
Well I am older and I remember a time when we had six QB's none of which were worth a damm. When we stopped the clock on fourth down by an incomplete pass twice. Basketball team was poor and played in the old Fl Gym. Now we are great in sports if we are not as good as we would like in football. Great memories.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was on the Internet causally browsing the Wikipedia article about the Tennessee Florida rivalry. I ran into this little tidbit of information of which I had no knowledge. I was thunderstruck.

Manning was supposed to be the lead story going into the 1995 match-up. The heralded sophomore led the Vols into the game as a media darling. Sports Illustrated was set to put Manning on the cover of their magazine the week following the game regardless of the outcome. Early in the game the Volunteers looked poised to thump the Gators, as they were up by 16 points during parts of the first half. As the game wore on and rain deluged the fans and players, momentum shifted into the Gators' favor. The Gators scored 48 straight points to turn a 30–14 deficit into a 62–37 win. Danny Wuerffel, who had come into the previous year's game off the bench in mop-up duty, threw for six touchdowns and found himself on the cover of Sports Illustrated instead of Manning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida...nessee_rivalry

So our Peyton and UT fans not only had to suffer this chocking loss but endure the public ridicule of being replaced on the cover of Sports Illustrated with Florida's Golden Boy, Danny F'n Wueffel. I'm getting furious just learning about this humiliation. Unbelievable.

OK. Enough of that blast from the Past. Let's talk about the immediate future. You're forgetting one little problem. You are still the Will Muchamp coached Florida Gators coming off the worst season in over half a century playing the avenging Tennessee Volunteers in in the hostile pit of Neyland stadium.

Advantage, Tennessee

I've made a decision. As much as Bluegrass is a integral part of Southern Appalachian culture I'm not going to come in here playing "Rocky Top" when victory is ours. My theme song and consequently Tennessee's theme song will be "Jump Up" by House of Pain. I looked the song up. Yo, Mr. 6th Grader. "Jump Up" came out about the year you were born. It's Gaelic White Boy Hip Hop for your information

This is my message to the 2014 Florida Gators..........

Pack it up, pack it in, let me begin
Vols came to win, battle us that's a sin
We won't ever slack up, punk you better back up
Try and play the role and yo the whole crew'll act up
Get up, stand up (c'mon!) c'mon throw your hands up
If you've got the feeling, jump across the ceiling
Muggs lifts a funk flow, someone's talking junk
Yo
We'll bust him in the eye, and then We'll take the punk's hoe
Feelin, funkin, amps in the trunk and
we got more rhymes
than there's cops at a Dunkin' Donuts shop
Sho' nuff, I got props
From the kids on the Hill plus my mom and my pops

We came to get down, We came to get down
So get out your seat and jump around!

Jump around!
Jump around
Jump around
Jump around
Jump around

Jump up, jump up and get down!

JUMP
JUMP
JUMP

Everybody JUMP

JUMP
JUMP
JUMP

Al Gore JUMP

JUMP
JUMP
JUMP

Peyton Manning JUMP

JUMP
JUMP
JUMP

Phillip Fulmer JUMP

JUMP
JUMP
JUMP

Junior n Lulu JUMP

JUMP
JUMP
JUMP

Alvin York JUMP

JUMP
JUMP
JUMP

Neyland Stadium JUMP

JUMP
JUMP
JUMP

Planet Earth JUMP

JUMP
JUMP
JUMP

Watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZaz7OqyTHQ

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York said:
I was on the Internet causally browsing the Wikipedia article about the Tennessee Florida rivalry. I ran into this little tidbit of information of which I had no knowledge. I was thunderstruck.

Manning was supposed to be the lead story going into the 1995 match-up. The heralded sophomore led the Vols into the game as a media darling. Sports Illustrated was set to put Manning on the cover of their magazine the week following the game regardless of the outcome. Early in the game the Volunteers looked poised to thump the Gators, as they were up by 16 points during parts of the first half. As the game wore on and rain deluged the fans and players, momentum shifted into the Gators' favor. The Gators scored 48 straight points to turn a 30–14 deficit into a 62–37 win. Danny Wuerffel, who had come into the previous year's game off the bench in mop-up duty, threw for six touchdowns and found himself on the cover of Sports Illustrated instead of Manning.

So our Peyton and UT fans not only had to suffer this chocking loss but endure the public ridicule of being replaced on the cover of Sports Illustrated with Florida's Golden Boy, Danny F'n Wueffel. I'm getting furious just learning about this humiliation. Unbelievable.

OK. Enough of that blast from the Past. Let's talk about the immediate future. You're forgetting one little problem. You are still the Will Muchamp coached Florida Gators coming off the worst season in over half a century playing the avenging Tennessee Volunteers in in the hostile pit of Neyland stadium.

Advantage, Tennessee

I've made a decision. As much as Bluegrass is a integral part of Southern Appalachian culture I'm not going to come in here playing "Rocky Top" when victory is ours. My theme song and consequently Tennessee's theme song will be "Jump Up" by House of Pain. I looked the song up. Yo, Mr. 6th Grader. "Jump Up" came out about the year you were born. It's Gaelic White Boy Hip Hop for your information

Yo
we got more rhymes
Sho' nuff, I got props
From the kids on the Hill plus my mom and my pops

We came to get down, We came to get down
So get out your seat and jump around!

Jump around!
Jump around
Jump around
Jump around
Jump around

Jump up, jump up and get down!

JUMP
JUMP
JUMP

Everybody JUMP

JUMP
JUMP
JUMP

Al Gore JUMP

JUMP
JUMP
JUMP

Peyton Manning JUMP

JUMP
JUMP
JUMP

Phillip Fulmer JUMP

JUMP
JUMP
JUMP

Junior n Lulu JUMP

JUMP
JUMP
JUMP

Alvin York JUMP

JUMP
JUMP
JUMP

Neyland Stadium JUMP

JUMP
JUMP
JUMP

Planet Earth JUMP

JUMP
JUMP
JUMP

Watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZaz7OqyTHQ
Your just now learning about the story behind the 1995 game? How old are you? It was part of the story in that issue of Sports Illustrated. Which was sold everywhere in Gainesville the week after the game. The publix on 13th street made special magazine rack with only Danny Wuerfell covered SI's to sell.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Even with our terrible season last year, it says a lot about our programs when Tennessee will measure their season on beating us, and we will measure ours by winning the East. I prefer our position.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York said:

Advantage, Tennessee

Yo
we got more rhymes