Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deliverance-banjo.jpg

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
As a person of West Virginia descent I fully understand inbreeding. Our family tree is lacking a few branches. My great grandmother Mary Chafin had 4 sisters that married Hatfields one Levicy Chafin Hatfield was the wife of Devil Anse himself. In some of those WV or Ky valleys your nearest neighbor lived over the next mountain, if she happen to be your cousin guess what?

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
As a person of West Virginia descent I fully understand inbreeding. Our family tree is lacking a few branches. My great grandmother Mary Chafin had 4 sisters that married Hatfields one Levicy Chafin Hatfield was the wife of Devil Anse himself. In some of those WV or Ky valleys your nearest neighbor lived over the next mountain, if she happen to be your cousin guess what?

There's a lawyer in Gainesville named Hatfield that I had a case with once. He was old then, might be dead now. Anyway, he always claimed to be one of the famous Hatfields.

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
There's a lawyer in Gainesville named Hatfield that I had a case with once. He was old then, might be dead now. Anyway, he always claimed to be one of the famous Hatfields.
I have no Hatfield blood but many of the Hatfields share genetics with me. Cap and Jonsie Hatfield were first cousins of my grandfather, their mothers were sisters. Some people wonder how that is possible but my Great grandmother was the youngest of 13 kids her sister Levisy Chafin Hatfield was the oldest. My grandfather was the youngest of 9 so yes he was 35 years younger than Jonsie Hatfield but still first cousins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator