The Future of College Football

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Nobody watches minor league anything, it's more of a power shift if that would happen. The nfl logo would have nothing to do with college sports, or nobody would know it's considered a "minor league" which it already is. Similar to the UAA now, the university would get money for using the name and logo. It's more about the disbandment of the NCAA.
Most schools do not have a UAA type organization. In fact, many state laws require the athletic budget to be part of the legislative process. FSU for example.

Theswamp_Gator

Jan 8, 2021
Most schools do not have a UAA type organization. In fact, many state laws require the athletic budget to be part of the legislative process. FSU for example.
This is what I mean, the NCAA is so unorganized and incompetent that eventually someone will sweep the rug under them and make it more organized.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I agree, but I think the college sports model can be adjusted to have a successful minor league. It already practically is. I think the boosters and grads would still support and pay for their teams because they are still the university's team.

Perhaps some, I treat students an an extended family, if they are employees they won't be that anymore. Others can have different ideas but a minor league for the NFL has failed as has independent minor leagues.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Alabama does it right? They are fckn loaded with talent. That WR is the best I ever saw in college. The RB is fanstastic. THey have NFL talent on both lines. How could they not win? An we came within a TD of making them cry. Fck bala ama..........If Danny had that talent he is raising that trophy. But he sucks recruting sucks strick sucks............it all sucks.........

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
The culture at bama is 2nd to none. Saban not only develops players, he develops great men, how often we hear about players getting in trouble?
The culture at Bama is that they recruit because they are in the CFP every year. It is a self fulfilling cycyle, make the CFP, get a top 5 Rcruiting class. Until they expand the playoff we will see 4 out of the same 5- 6 teams in the CFP every year. Recruits want the CFP and NFL, can't get in the CFP then you are going to be a perennial second tier program.

Theswamp_Gator

Jan 8, 2021
The culture at Bama is that they recruit because they are in the CFP every year. It is a self fulfilling cycyle, make the CFP, get a top 5 Rcruiting class. Until they expand the playoff we will see 4 out of 5- 6 teams in the CFP every year. Recruits want the CFP and NFL can't get in the CFP then you are going to be a perennial second tier program.
I agree, but they weren't always this level. Saban had to build a great foundation(culture) and now it just builds on top of itself. It starts with culture and mentality , everything else falls into place.

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
I agree, but they weren't always this level. Saban had to build a great foundation(culture) and now it just builds on top of itself. It starts with culture and mentality , everything else falls into place.
True, Saban did a great job at Bama it's just a lot easier now with the CFP.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Alabama does it right? They are fckn loaded with talent. That WR is the best I ever saw in college. The RB is fanstastic. THey have NFL talent on both lines. How could they not win? An we came within a TD of making them cry. Fck bala ama..........If Danny had that talent he is raising that trophy. But he sucks recruting sucks strick sucks............it all sucks.........

This gets old. You always cherry pick the good stuff and ignore the reality of the aggregate. Nobdy is saying Dan Mullen sucks. He doesn't suck. He is a very good OC and QB coach and proving to be above average head coach. If coaches were given stars like recruits he would be a middle of the pack 4*.

The problem is he has nothing but 2-3* assistant coaches and he is obviously hiding out and coaching from the offensive offices and ignoring what is going on in the defensive offenses. Its hard to even debate this. Our offense looks like and performs like a well oiled machine with everything working together. Very minimal false starts or broken plays all season. High scoring on everyone we played except OU (dont doubt we could score many points on OU as well if Mullen tried preparing the team for that game). The defense has looked the exact opposite all season. They are not getting the same level of coaching or talent as the offensive side of the ball. It is obvious.

Yes, we took Bama to the wire. Maybe we can put a banner up in the stadium that reads Won the East and Took Bama to the Wire and Got to Another NY6 Bowl 2020! That is the same mantra as your last sentence above. It gets old.

We went 8-4 this year. That is a fact. You can't ignore the 4 in that all the while touting a moral victory about taking Bama to the wire. You can't ignore the recruiting being average. His recruiting is pretty much equal to an 8-4 record. It doesn't suck, its just 10-15 ranked every year. Its his fault he doesn't have the talent.

Stop it. Just stop it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator