The Gator Collective - Thoughts?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
True. But another way would be to have a HC who tries or that players are drawn to. Or for a HC to have a staff that players actually think are good coaches and want to play for. Our recruiting problems will not be solved by some NIL BS. Most of the recruits who come to UF are b/c UF was their best offer or for the better players that did not get a committable offer from a higher level program.

players will be drawn to schools with better NIL opportunities.

i have zero control over the coach and his recruiting, I can actually impact this for our players. You can complain or you can act to try and make a difference where possible

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
players will be drawn to schools with better NIL opportunities.

i have zero control over the coach and his recruiting, I can actually impact this for our players. You can complain or you can act to try and make a difference where possible

I commend you and others but I have tried for years to make a difference, yet Fooley is still there.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I've seen several schools doing these "collective" deals, where groups of players are banding together under one promotional banner and splitting the proceeds. I guess they are like "catch-alls," so that lesser-known players who wouldn't sell much swag under their own names can make money too. Good idea. Big uglies wanna get paid, too. They hungry.
"Collective" should be the first clue. What kind of commie crap is that?
1972 called and wants it's hippies back.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
"Collective" should be the first clue. What kind of commie crap is that?
1972 called and wants it's hippies back.
47bb1b942e30e2e7763d6382772f1fb8.jpg

^ Samford Bulldog Collective is coming on November 13th. The Gators WILL be assimilated!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
thinking about upping it now but I'm going to wait a month or two and just make sure they all don't go to federal prison.

the cynic in me.

this is great though. finally a way to for the players to get some money without it Fooley sticking 90% somewhere other than football.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
thinking about upping it now but I'm going to wait a month or two and just make sure they all don't go to federal prison.

the cynic in me.

this is great though. finally a way to for the players to get some money without it Fooley sticking 90% somewhere other than football.

Same here... The cynic in me says start slow, but I really like the idea and may increase it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Entry level is about the cost of s $tarbuck$ folks.

Pony up, Gators!!!!

We need to see Gator businesses ponying up, too!!! FAU killing us so far in NIL.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I went with the minimum because I expect some other things to pop up that I might also want to contribute.

@oxrageous, have you thought about maybe doing something like Gator Collective, charge a price and get players to do some exclusive content here? Have a pay wall for it?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
True. But another way would be to have a HC who tries or that players are drawn to. Or for a HC to have a staff that players actually think are good coaches and want to play for. Our recruiting problems will not be solved by some NIL BS. Most of the recruits who come to UF are b/c UF was their best offer or for the better players that did not get a committable offer from a higher level program.

I commend you and others but I have tried for years to make a difference, yet Fooley is still there.

Good Lord...this has nothing to do with our POS coaches and UAA. This is nothing but the players. I can see if you have a problem with a player that you don't want your $ going to but to not give the players $ because of our coaches and admin is down right dumb. Do you have a problem with any of the below players? If not, give them some $ or just stfu.

Zach Carter
Diwun Black
Mohamoud Diabate
Keon Zipperer
Gerald Mincey
Demarkcus Bowman
Gervon Dexter
Ethan White
Kemore Gamble
Rick Wells

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
IDK, maybe I am just out of touch but something about it just seems like begging to me. At what point do they start start walking around to pregame tailgates and sell 50 cent candy bars for $5.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.