The girls get their new softball stadium!

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
I'm fine with this. I have enjoyed watching these Gators in the Women's college world series, and this great program deserves this nice stadium which is not over the top, but just right moving forward.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
giphy.gif
Oh yeah...

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I for one have no desire to transform our beautiful campus to look like this:

d95c88e6-5af1-4af0-aa4e-f876181d1b9b.jpg

Last edited:

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
The old stadium was not up to standards compared to other top softball programs, or even some average programs. They are on TV a lot and have brought a lot of positive publicity to the University of Florida. Just like any other sport, you have to spend money to maintain the level of excellenceto which we are accustomed. UF is the ONLY athletic program to finish in the Top 10 of all around athletic programs in the NCAA since they started measuring it. Last year we finished 3rd in the Director's Cup and are in the Top 5 more often than not.

One of the unwritten bylaws of this site is that any money not spent on football is a waste and all non-revenue sports should be playing at PK Yonge. Championships, (conference, national, all-sports) and general acclaim do not matter. I’m actually surprised this thread hasn’t been blown up that badly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
One of the unwritten bylaws of this site is that any money not spent on football is a waste and all non-revenue sports should be playing at PK Yonge. Championships, (conference, national, all-sports) and general acclaim do not matter. I’m actually surprised this thread hasn’t been blown up that badly.
It is not really.

Everyone really wants the Gators to be great at everything of course.

What we don't like is delaying football facilities and holding football money hostage.

I'm sure all the rest of our facilities were shyt for all the other teams also, and they deserve improvements too.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
They should make it a policy that they won't accept your money if you insist that your ridiculous name is going to be attached to it.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great upgrade and really well deserved. I look forward to the day when all our facilities are world class!

Go Gators!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They should make it a policy that they won't accept your money if you insist that your ridiculous name is going to be attached to it.
I disagree. The Dwags have their athletic facility as proof it’s a great idea.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Want to spend a nice weekend afternoon?

Step 1: Enjoy a few ice cold beverages at the Salty Dog.

Step 2: Enjoy a Gator baseball or softball game in the sun.

Step 3: Enjoy a lot more ice cold beverages at the Salty Dog.

Step 4: Enjoy getting off treacherous I-75 with your life and limbs intact on the way home the next day.

Very successful weekend.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
How nice. Who wouldn’t spend 8 months sprucing up the shed in the back yard while the house is crumbling around you?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How nice. Who wouldn’t spend 8 months sprucing up the shed in the back yard while the house is crumbling around you?
We apparently spend 40 milllion dollars per year on administration but they can only handle one project at a time.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's obnoxious to want your name on the building for being a donor.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Wow, that CGA rendition is really accurate, right down to the phantom fans who occupy most of the seats.

Softball averages over 1600 fans per game.

If I lived in Gainesville, going to various Gator sports games is all I would do. Including softball.

IMG_1664.JPG

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Softball averages over 1600 fans per game.

If I lived in Gainesville, going to various Gator sports games is all I would do. Including softball.

Ok, so lets run the numbers. The Softball team plays 26 home game @ 1,600 fans per game. The football team plays 7 home games @ 85,000 fans per game. If it makes sense to spend $15M for the 41,000 fans that attend softball every year, it also makes sense to spend $215M on the 600,000 fans that attend football every year. I'll be satisfied when we do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator