The girls get their new softball stadium!

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Yeah, I get it, you lesbophobe. "She Sees Hole and she eats it," right? Just because they're softball players, right?Grow up.

Listen, these girls deserve to be taken seriously the way they've played. They went to Oregon last year and licked the Beavers in a three game set. They would've swept Alabama if it wasn't for our centerfielder making a rare ninth inning muff, diving headfirst to make the play. When they played at LSU they won the first two games but the last was called because of darkness and resulted in a tie, which is a little like kissing your sister. But they bounced back and made sissors of the lady Vols the next weekend, sweeping them on the road. First baseman Carol "The Bean" Flikker, played exceptionally well in that series. She'll be back for her Sappho' season. They did lose the series to a tough Georgia team, but they are going to come up against the Bulldykes early in the season, and they'll have a good chance at victory.
You win the interwebs for today

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Let me go on record, I have no problem upgrading other sports...baseball, track, softball, basketball , etc. The problem I have is that FOOTBALL should be taken care of first. Period. You put the Goose in the nicest facilities so it keeps laying those golden eggs. After you've taken care of the Goose...everyone else gets taken care of appropriately. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Let me go on record, I have no problem upgrading other sports...baseball, track, softball, basketball , etc. The problem I have is that FOOTBALL should be taken care of first. Period. You put the Goose in the nicest facilities so it keeps laying those golden eggs. After you've taken care of the Goose...everyone else gets taken care of appropriately. I don't think that is too much to ask.
I totally agree with that position. Football is the engine that drives the train. Feed it and feed it good!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He ranks right up there with that Trivago guy on the who I want to throat punch list

It's not so much the Trivago guy's face that makes those commercials so bad. It's his "groundbreaking business model" pitch that gets under my skin.

I guess it's probably better than their original marketing slogan:

"Trivago...Because...You Know...Kayak Might Be Down Or Something"

Last edited:

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Ok, so lets run the numbers. The Softball team plays 26 home game @ 1,600 fans per game. The football team plays 7 home games @ 85,000 fans per game. If it makes sense to spend $15M for the 41,000 fans that attend softball every year, it also makes sense to spend $215M on the 600,000 fans that attend football every year. I'll be satisfied when we do that.

That's an interesting way to look at things.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Softball averages over 1600 fans per game.

If I lived in Gainesville, going to various Gator sports games is all I would do. Including softball.

So 15 million softball upgrade for 1600 fans means we should be spending 800 million on football upgrades. Good point.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hannah Rogers.... That little hair flip then the wiggle..... Excuse me for a bit

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Softball averages over 1600 fans per game.

If I lived in Gainesville, going to various Gator sports games is all I would do. Including softball.

View attachment 13811

I used to live in Corey Village and I would usually ride my bike up to Diamond village or the workout facility up there. If a softball ball game was going I would stop for maybe 30 seconds and watch those burly ladies play for a bit. This was 2010/11 the crowd always looked around 300-500 and I'm being generous.

Who knows maybe more of their family members are coming to the games now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator