The Golf Thread

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I am looking of a new driver. Any suggestions ? I am currently leaning towards a Titleist 913D2.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Got to hit them and pick the one that looks, feels and performs best. Sorry how that reads...it really is about drivers...

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gulfstream said:
I am looking of a new driver. Any suggestions ? I am currently leaning towards a Titleist 913D2.
Hard to recommend a driver but I'm a huge fan of all of Titleist's products. With a driver you really need to just run to a shop and get some numbers on a simulator.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't see this posted anywhere. Pretty good read.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't find golf to be relaxing but maybe that's because I'm so bad at it.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tiger and Foley part ways. He should've never left Butch Harmon in the first place.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He could secure every swing coach the game has to offer & the results would be the same. His swing is very violent & always has been. That's not a problem when you're young, but it's a killer as you age. Unless he fundamentally changes his swing, which to this point he's not shown any attempt to do so, he'll continue to fade away.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well I would think a different swing coach could potentially change that, if Tiger was willing. Regardless, I think his constant changing of caddies, swing coaches, etc. will do nothing but hurt him.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n34265 said:
Tiger and Foley part ways. He should've never left Butch Harmon in the first place.

No, your boy, Edrick, blew it when he parted ways with his first caddie. Besides hasn't a 39 year old man had time enough to learn the game of golf without help from a coach?

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n34417 said:
No, your boy, Edrick, blew it when he parted ways with his first caddie. Besides hasn't a 39 year old man had time enough to learn the game of golf without help from a coach?

Couldn't agree more there. And sometimes it's easier for someone else to point out some little nuance you don't realize you're even doing.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n34488 said:
Couldn't agree more there. And sometimes it's easier for someone else to point out some little nuance you don't realize you're even doing.

And maybe I can be man enough to admit I don't know the game of golf to a degree that I can make a judgement call about coaching. Maybe Bobby Jones and Ben Hogan were busyl learning the game all their lives and they simply ran out of time.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone's different. Some people aren't great at self-diagnosing swing flaws. You can know the game all you want but it's really hard to tell yourself to feel a certain way when it feels seemingly normal and fluid to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator