The Heat Is On....

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
With EVERY other Gator sport excelling, winning and making National title games ( Gator softball, track and field. tennis, swimming, the basketball team making it to elite 8, Gator baseball in the NC), firing the womens basketball coach for less, how much longer does UF tolerate mediocrity in the biggest payday sport there is, football? At some point they have to see, even if blind???? I type this after a couple of milwaukees finest but it s good point.....

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Keep drinking and staying away from the keyboard. Perhaps by subjective standards you might think football is in mediocrity, but by tangible metrics (won-loss, championships), the football team is doing well. An AD cannot fire someone that is producing like that with only 2 years in, if we are on year 6 and still havent gotten over the hump, then ya (see Ritch).

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Sadly our administration thinks mediocrity it fine. As long as Mac wins 8 games a year, they'll probably keep giving him extensions.

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
Keep drinking and staying away from the keyboard. Perhaps by subjective standards you might think football is in mediocrity, but by tangible metrics (won-loss, championships), the football team is doing well. An AD cannot fire someone that is producing like that with only 2 years in, if we are on year 6 and still havent gotten over the hump, then ya (see Ritch).
Hmmm... yeh, not sure if I agree.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I can't take 4 more years of this $h*t. :bananaburn:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Well to Ritch's credit, I think he did average 10 wins a year over his tenure at UGA. He also won a couple conference titles. But he couldn't get over the hump and after 15 years they canned him, I really hope our higher ups act quicker than Georgia's did, but I have my doubts.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
You are spitting in the wind if you think Mac is going anywhere in the next 3 years.
The brass think that winning the SECeast is a big deal and rewarded him with
yet another contract extension. A disaster in the recruiting wars may have changed
some minds, but Mac continues to pull a rabbit out of his hat on signing day.
Only a disastrous season (See Champ's 4 & 8 debacle) may shorten his stay
in Gainesville, but given the weak state of the SECeast, I don't see that happening.
Might just as well sit back and hope for the best.

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
You are spitting in the wind if you think Mac is going anywhere in the next 3 years.
The brass think that winning the SECeast is a big deal and rewarded him with
yet another contract extension. A disaster in the recruiting wars may have changed
some minds, but Mac continues to pull a rabbit out of his hat on signing day.
Only a disastrous season (See Champ's 4 & 8 debacle) may shorten his stay
in Gainesville, but given the weak state of the SECeast, I don't see that happening.
Might just as well sit back and hope for the best.
That's my point man

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There is nothing good about 2-8 vs ranked teams (with 7 blowouts), 0-2 vs Clown Town (with 2 blowouts), 0-2 vs. Bammer (with 2 blowouts), 1-1-1 vs Tinerc (with one blowout and a lucky missed FG for a win, and the 116th ranked offense.

Actually, it isn't even mediocre. Zook had a better record vs ranked teams, but obviously he played many more per year than Butter's cakewalk in the new and sucky SEC east.

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
There is nothing good about 2-8 vs ranked teams (with 7 blowouts), 0-2 vs Clown Town (with 2 blowouts), 0-2 vs. Bammer (with 2 blowouts), 1-1-1 vs Tinerc (with one blowout and a lucky missed FG for a win, and the 116th ranked offense.

Actually, it isn't even mediocre. Zook had a better record vs ranked teams, but obviously he played many more per year than Butter's cakewalk in the new and sucky SEC east.
Doesn't the brass see all the other sports excelling? How do they turn away from payday?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I hate what he said, but he's probably right when it comes to the way the administration looks at it. I'm afraid Mac's here until the big money boosters decide they've seen enough. The average Joe's opinion counts for nothing.

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
I hate what he said, but he's probably right when it comes to the way the administration looks at it. I'm afraid Mac's here until the big money boosters decide they've seen enough. The average Joe's opinion counts for nothing.
Sad sad sad!!!!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Yes since the average Joe basically know nothing their opinion should count for less than nothing. Even the bull Gators can be ignored.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

It doesn't make a big difference, but since dumpers continually complain that so called "pumpers" manipulate the win-loss record, I have to point out that Swonky is wrong on the numbers.

The Gators are 3-7 versus ranked teams. You can't complain that "pumpers" are leaving out bowl game losses to make the record appear better and then leave out a win to make the record appear worse. I'm sure it was an innocent mistake, but "dumpers" never accept that when it happens the other way around. No idea how a loss was magically added into the record by Swonky.

Mac is also not 1-1-1 vs Tennessee as he has only been head coach for 2 seasons.

#1 Alabama Loss 16-54
#2 Alabama Loss 15-29 (2 TD loss is being called a blow out)
#3 Ole Miss Win 38-10
#6 LSU Loss 28-35
#14 FSU Loss 27-2
#14 Tennessee Loss 28-38 (10 point game is being called a blow out)
#15 FSU Loss 13-31
#16 LSU Win 16-10
#17 Michigan Loss 41-7
#21 Iowa Win 30-3

I don't see how Swonky gets seven blowouts from that even if you count the two blowout wins. There are four losses by more than 2 TDs.

Last edited:

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
It doesn't make a big difference, but since dumpers continually complain that so called "pumpers" manipulate the win-loss record, I have to point out that Swonky is wrong on the numbers.

The Gators are 3-8 versus ranked teams. You can't complain that "pumpers" are leaving out bowl game losses to make the record appear better and then leave out a win to make the record appear worse. I'm sure it was an innocent mistake, but "dumpers" never accept that when it happens the other way around.

Mac is also not 1-1-1 vs Tennessee as he has only been head coach for 2 seasons.

#1 Alabama Loss 16-54
#3 Ole Miss Win 38-10
#6 LSU Loss 28-35
#14 FSU Loss 27-2
#15 FSU Loss 13-31
#16 LSU Win 16-10
#17 Michigan Loss 41-7
#21 Iowa Win 30-3

I don't see how Swonky gets seven blowouts from that even if you count the two blowout wins. There are four losses by more than 2 TDs.
Nice post!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

The Gators are 3-7 versus ranked teams. You can't complain that "pumpers" are leaving out bowl game losses to make the record appear better and then leave out a win to make the record appear worse. I'm sure it was an innocent mistake, but "dumpers" never accept that when it happens the other way around. No idea how a loss was magically added into the record by Swonky.

#1 Alabama Loss 16-54
#3 Ole Miss Win 38-10
#6 LSU Loss 28-35
#14 FSU Loss 27-2
#15 FSU Loss 13-31
#16 LSU Win 16-10
#17 Michigan Loss 41-7
#21 Iowa Win 30-3

There you go, pretending that facts matter. How can you justify using actual records to counter broken records?

And to go with it, 2-0 vs. our #1 rival UGA including a blowout and a 2-TD win.

And all of that despite losing his starting QB both years.

I'm not satisfied with where we are, but I do see progress and look forward to the season.

3d6fb695505cd18fb0365e542a5f980f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.