The Hunting Thread...

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
One week from today I'll be down in NC with two buddies getting ready to kill some dur with a muzzle loader. Gonna be a fun deer camp!

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
He’s beautiful @Altitude Gator
We went to the RMNP a few years and saw the elk from a distance. Then went to downtown Estes and they were hanging out at the library. Who knew they liked to read?

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
He’s beautiful @Altitude Gator
We went to the RMNP a few years and saw the elk from a distance. Then went to downtown Estes and they were hanging out at the library. Who knew they liked to read?
They hang out a lot on the golf course in summer and early fall (just as the rut is starting). That is where my avatar is from - last year I think. Most of the "in town" elk and moose move up into RMNP come rifle season.

We were heading home and bemoaning the fact that the only wildlife we had seen was a few does up Devil's Gulch and then I looked over and say this monster between a couple of those green cottages. We turned around, past him going the other way, then turned around again and pulled into the parking area for the cottages. Those white stakes are the end of the parking area - and we were about 30 feet from them and he was about 30 feet on the other side. Just unconcerned about us entirely.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
They hang out a lot on the golf course in summer and early fall (just as the rut is starting). That is where my avatar is from - last year I think. Most of the "in town" elk and moose move up into RMNP come rifle season.

We were heading home and bemoaning the fact that the only wildlife we had seen was a few does up Devil's Gulch and then I looked over and say this monster between a couple of those green cottages. We turned around, past him going the other way, then turned around again and pulled into the parking area for the cottages. Those white stakes are the end of the parking area - and we were about 30 feet from them and he was about 30 feet on the other side. Just unconcerned about us entirely.

Very cool. We were thrilled to see the elk in the park and hearing them bugle. Amazing sound. At the library we walked down the sidewalk feet away from them. Stupid yes but they really didn’t care about the people around.

229B4368-FD7A-4DCA-A1FC-4A4000DE0C81.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.