The Importance of Dre Massey

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Massey will be our next Brandon James. And I hope he learns to not catch a punt inside the 1 yard line.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Field position and wr talent don't mean shcit without a qb.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Having a strong return game can make a huge difference in flipping the field and providing the offense better opportunities. I hope Massey is as good as we think he is, because I have never seen him play. The poor kid tore his ACL the first play of last year.

We need playmakers in our offense. It is something that Muschamp didn't recruit and McElwain has had to build.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"But with Massey back returning kicks, it’s possible the Gators might be up 7-0 before Franks even has to take a snap."

Well, I'm glad to see we haven't gone into full blown unrealistic expectations mode.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Our decline in the return game from the championship level we had is dramatic. Perhaps it is an indication of lack of depth in talented players.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Field position and wr talent don't mean shcit without a qb.

Mostly agree, but I'll take every extra yard we can get. If starting at the 30-35 yd line instead of the 18-20 (see: Powell, Brandon) takes some pressure off the QB, it's gotta help more than it hurts.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
First off, Massey has to give up his infatuation with the infirmary, then we can pretend to rely on him ;)

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
After re watching Toney in the spring game, I am almost ready to throw him to the lions and name him the starter and see what happens......this guy will be a baller.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Our decline in the return game from the championship level we had is dramatic. Perhaps it is an indication of lack of depth in talented players.

Meyer used to put starters on Special Teams. He made playing Special Teams a big deal. So it isn't a depth issue if you are putting your top guys out there... maybe we need to be doing more of that.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
After re watching Toney in the spring game, I am almost ready to throw him to the lions and name him the starter and see what happens......this guy will be a baller.

After watching him play against 3rd stringers? He looked great, but big difference between doing it against our third string and first string.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After watching him play against 3rd stringers? He looked great, but big difference between doing it against our third string and first string.
I want to see that kid get on the field...but he's not starting QB material...at least not right now anyway :lol:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Aren't you the same guy that said CeCe will go undrafted :snicker:

Correction, I said based on his current level of play he'd go undrafted. I do think, when his career at UF is done, he'll get drafted. Where, I'm leaning day 3 right now depending on combine measurements.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Our kick return unit is as bad as I can ever remember it being in my time watching Gator football. Punt return was great in '15, but horrific last year. Hopefully Massey won't have any residual problems with his knee, because if he's as good as advertised, our return problems will be over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb