The Jacksonville Jaguars Thread

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Note the date I wrote that. Don’t feel that way now but it’s my understanding he didn’t want Tua and that rubbed the owner the wrong way. Lawrence would have been good for him.
Ahh, my bad. Sometimes when somebody bumps an old thread I don't notice when the posts were posted.

Flores was hard to get along with generally, but the story about what reportedly really, REALLY rubbed Ross the wrong way in particular was as follows:

Supposedly, Tom Brady wanted to come down here to Miami to play for the Dolphins. That was Giselle's first choice, and indeed they are moving here now that he's retired.

I think this was during a period when other teams weren't supposed to be having contact with Brady? If I'm not mistaken, for some reason Brady wasn't supposed to meet with Flores officially, but Ross asked Flores to meet with him anyway. Flores adamantly refused.

So then, Ross invites Flores to come have lunch with him on a yacht. When Flores shows up, Ross says, "oh by the way, it just so happens that Tom Brady was in the neighborhood so I asked him to join us. He'll be here any minute."

Flores promptly flipped out and angrily told Ross -- his boss -- that he did NOT want to meet with Brady, much less coach him. Then he stormed off the yacht in a huff, before Brady got there.

After that, Stephen Ross was like.....

ForcefulCourageousHusky-size_restricted.gif

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ahh, my bad. Sometimes when somebody bumps an old thread I don't notice when the posts were posted.

Flores was hard to get along with generally, but the story about what reportedly really, REALLY rubbed Ross the wrong way in particular was as follows:

Supposedly, Tom Brady wanted to come down here to Miami to play for the Dolphins. That was Giselle's first choice, and indeed they are moving here now that he's retired.

I think this was during a period when other teams weren't supposed to be having contact with Brady? If I'm not mistaken, for some reason Brady wasn't supposed to meet with Flores officially, but Ross asked Flores to meet with him anyway. Flores adamantly refused.

So then, Ross invites Flores to come have lunch with him on a yacht. When Flores shows up, Ross says, "oh by the way, it just so happens that Tom Brady was in the neighborhood so I asked him to join us. He'll be here any minute."

Flores promptly flipped out and angrily told Ross -- his boss -- that he did NOT want to meet with Brady, much less coach him. Then he stormed off the yacht in a huff, before Brady got there.

After that, Stephen Ross was like.....

ForcefulCourageousHusky-size_restricted.gif

Honestly, this is the first I've heard about Brady and Miami. I'll take your word for it since you are the follower and in Florida. All I've heard is Flores wanted to draft Herbert instead of Tua.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: SOURCE: Louisiana DL coach/assistant head coach Rory Segrest is expected to join the Jaguars coaching staff. He and Doug Pederson had coached together with the Eagles.
A little confused, but:

@AaronWilson_NFL: Jaguars are considering Brentson Buckner and Phillip Daniels for their defensive line coaching vacancy, according to a league source @PFN365

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Honestly, this is the first I've heard about Brady and Miami. I'll take your word for it since you are the follower and in Florida. All I've heard is Flores wanted to draft Herbert instead of Tua.
You don't have to take my word for it, the story is out there online. It is even written about in Flores' lawsuit. Brady is not identified by name but it's pretty obvious who they're talking about.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@E_Dilla: If the Jaguars hire Buckner as the DL coach, you’d think assuming there’s a decent relationship between he and Chandler Jones that becomes someone they maybe prioritize in FA. Chandler Jones’ favorite team growing up? The Jaguars

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@_John_Shipley
Passing game coordiantor would make sense. He would be a tremendous hire no matter the role, though. Dude gets it.
#Dolphins DBs coach Gerald Alexander is in Jacksonville today interviewing for the vacant DC position under Doug Pederson, source said. A former Jags player, Alexander has risen quickly.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jaguars Hiring Bills ST Coordinator Heath Farwell To Same Role

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
RE the DC job and Bucs guy.

@Demetrius82
Just to prevent some confusion, too, the Jaguars could add multiple DC positions, pass-game coordinator, etc.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"The team has also officially added Andrew Breiner as an offensive assistant."

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@RapSheet

The #Jaguars are expected to hire former #Lions OC Jim Bob Cooter as their new passing game coordinator under Doug Pederson, source said. He has worked with Peyton Manning and Matthew Stafford, now Trevor Lawrence.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
@RapSheet

The #Jaguars are expected to hire former #Lions OC Jim Bob Cooter as their new passing game coordinator under Doug Pederson, source said. He has worked with Peyton Manning and Matthew Stafford, now Trevor Lawrence.

My first response was, "why?", until I saw that he worked with Forehead and Fattford.

Next up: Hair.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There’s only one player they should be targeting in the draft at number one. And that’s the Bama Tackle.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
@NFL: Tony Boselli: @ProFootballHOF Class of 2022! #PFHOF22

FINALLY in.
Jags get their first HOF player, congratulations! :thumbup:

Would've liked to see Zach Thomas go in with this class but his day will come.

LeRoy Butler getting in is a little suspect IMO and I'm not just saying that because he's a Nole.

:whistle:

:ugh:

Okay, that was a lie. I wouldn't have bothered saying it if he wasn't a Nole. But it's still true. Not a legit HOFer. His big claim to fame is that he supposedly invented the Lambeau Leap. :jerkit:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jags get their first HOF player, congratulations! :thumbup:

Would've liked to see Zach Thomas go in with this class but his day will come.

LeRoy Butler getting in is a little suspect IMO and I'm not just saying that because he's a Nole.

:whistle:

:ugh:

Okay, that was a lie. I wouldn't have bothered saying it if he wasn't a Nole. But it's still true. Not a legit HOFer. His big claim to fame is that he supposedly invented the Lambeau Leap. :jerkit:
Side note, Butler is from Jacksonville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator