The Jacksonville Jaguars Thread

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know many here don’t like the Jags but there are a few Gator Fans that do. I figured we could have a catch all that is about the future and no more about the Meyer firing thread.

The draft is coming up and a new coaching search to discuss.

Don’t get this thread off topic or face a 3 day vacation.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Recent relevant posts…

Rumors swirling that Baalke isn't necessarily safe. Why am I not surprised.

Why would Baalke be part of the hiring process for the next HC, perform interviews and hire the HC then get canned only to bring in another GM that says “This isn’t my HC”?

Doesn't make a lot of sense. But the station who has financial ties to the team is speculating just that. They wouldn't do it without at least a wink and a nod from the team office.

Win Win today. They actually looked somewhat competent.

Jaguars clinch No. 1 pick despite upset over Colts

Don’t worry, Baalke will make sure to destroy even the tiniest hint of competence.

They will grab that DE from Michigan (the white guy that was shut down by the SEC) and he will be out of the league in 4 years.

They should trade down and get as many picks as possible. Worst roster in the league.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I like the Jags and hope they can pull it together.
They get the number one pick again and with as many needs as they have I wonder which which way they go.
I think a left tackle or good pass rusher all though they need a good receiver too.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Whoever in the Jags front office manages to trade down and get remotely decent value will be deemed a genius.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This really isn’t a draft to trade down as there no clear #1 and certainly no #1 QB.

I’d love to trade down. But, who in the world is trading up for Hutchinson or Thibodeaux? I don’t even like both of them this high. We will be taking one of them though.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This really isn’t a draft to trade down as there no clear #1 and certainly no #1 QB.
Yeah, too bad. But perhaps someone wants one of the edge guys enough to move up. I'd like to see the Jags find a way to get OT Neal and WR Burks.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Trade solitary #1 for several lower number choices. And make those extra picks count.
Lawrence is good, but direly needs a "Mike Evans" type WR and a young Gronkish TE.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i heard the jag-offs were a clownshow last weekend.

next game itll be paperbags. good times.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Time for a complete rebuild. The new motto should be "hold on tight, this is about to get uglier" then they should make these the new standard uniform.

img_0426.jpg

Last edited:

OBG

Lifetime Member
Nov 14, 2017
Does Shad keep Balke?

Coaches interviewed so far:
Jim Caldwell
Byron Leftwich
Doug Pederson
Kellen Moore

On the interview list:
Darrell Bevell
Nate Hacket
Bill O'Brien
Flores?

Who do you want?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Does Shad keep Balke?

If Baalke hasn't been fired by now I doubt he will be. The turd bickers and fights with every coach he hires creating a toxic environment. I have maintained that as long as he is GM it doesn't matter who we hire as head coach. There's a reason a few coaches turned down interviews and it was because they refused to work with Baalke.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If Baalke hasn't been fired by now I doubt he will be. The turd bickers and fights with every coach he hires creating a toxic environment. I have maintained that as long as he is GM it doesn't matter who we hire as head coach. There's a reason a few coaches turned down interviews and it was because they refused to work with Baalke.
Heard in the radio yesterday that the last 5 coaches under him have been fired after one season or before. That says it all IMO.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Will we interview Flores?

Flores joins a small list of guys who have had success in the NFL, but do not currently have a head coaching job. I guess O'Brien and to me maybe the best such candidate is Marvin Lewis.

Any of these three guy might build you into a playoff team. It remains to be seen if with the right QB any of these coaches can take a team to and win the Super Bowl. Then again that is what we at one time said about Andy Reid.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Flores would be a great fit. It’s rumored he wanted Justin Herbert over Tua. He’d have Lawrence and could build a good team. He’s already shown he can coach. He’d be my first choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb