The Jacksonville Jaguars Thread

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
id like to know how the nfl thinks that a team is going to be able to world travel for every away game, stay fresh, get decent practice, sound coaching, and actually play well week after week. honestly if the nfl moved the team to london it would be a logistics and health disaster for the entire organization.
Exactly why the Jags are perfect for it
And also because of Jay26 :whistle:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
angry will tudor GIF by Shadowhunters

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Suck it, Haters.

The stadium looks like it will be nice. But never before has a downtown area needed a facelift and some good old fashioned gentrification like Jacksonville does. Beautiful venue or not, when the surrounding blocks look like late 90s Kosovo, the whole experience is kind of diminished.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The stadium looks like it will be nice. But never before has a downtown area needed a facelift and some good old fashioned gentrification like Jacksonville does. Beautiful venue or not, when the surrounding blocks look like late 90s Kosovo, the whole experience is kind of diminished.
Wait till the Landing is revitalized and the railway gets a new stop added.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've lived in Jax most of my life. Downtown proper is a lost cause. The city has spread out into small enclaves all over greater Jacksonville. The demise of commercial real estate, at least for the foreseeable future, will torpedo significant downtown development except the immediate waterfront. Downtown areas not on the water are toast IMO.

Its a different matter entirely as far as the area surrounding the stadium. If the current surrounding ghetto can be revitalized so that you don't fear for your life on the way to the game, then you have something. The whole area, at least a mile in each direction from the stadium, has to be revitalized. That will be a major fist fight.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I've lived in Jax most of my life. Downtown proper is a lost cause. The city has spread out into small enclaves all over greater Jacksonville. The demise of commercial real estate, at least for the foreseeable future, will torpedo significant downtown development except the immediate waterfront. Downtown areas not on the water are toast IMO.

Its a different matter entirely as far as the area surrounding the stadium. If the current surrounding ghetto can be revitalized so that you don't fear for your life on the way to the game, then you have something. The whole area, at least a mile in each direction from the stadium, has to be revitalized. That will be a major fist fight.

I wouldn’t really say walking to the game from any of the surrounding areas would make someone fear for their lives. I think once one has set out on such a course, they’ve come to terms with things, conquered any remaining fears and are merely awaiting their all but certain death.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just read the Jags are looking into Daytona International Speedway as a temporary home during stadium improvements. Zoom zoom.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Just read the Jags are looking into Daytona International Speedway as a temporary home during stadium improvements. Zoom zoom.
Playing in Daytona until their London stadium is finished? Seems like an odd place to play, but alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator