The kicking game vs FSU

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think Hardin will handle the kickoffs. Hopefully he can keep then in-bounds.

Punting is the bright spot, Townsend can flip field position on any kick.

FG's... maybe we should go for it on every 4th down inside the 45

Extra points, I think Mac sticks with Hardin but I wouldn't mind giving the Dentist another chance.

Bottom line, will our kicking woes cost us this game?

I'm thinking it's going to be a low scoring affair and FSU has an All American place kicker and we have Hardin and a walkon Dentist.....

Advantage FSU :gah:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We won't be kicking extra points. We'll be going for two every time.

That would probably be the smart thing to do. I sure hope this isn't the game that the kicking woes finally cost us the win.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That would probably be the smart thing to do. I sure hope this isn't the game that the kicking woes finally cost us the win.

I wasn't joking either. At any rate, I doubt Hardin does anything other than kick offs today. Perhaps the dentist gets a shot on short yardage FG's, though I'm hoping we don't need to go for them anyway.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I say we give the dentist another shot at history. IMO a blocked kick should not count as a missed FG. It was blocked. It wasn't wide left. It wasn't wide right. It wasn't short. It was blocked by a player from the other team. Should be a different stat altogether.
Now that being said, if the kick was so low it skimmed off the long snappers back and was blocked, then that's another story.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The dentist will piss his pants attempting to kick or win under the Richter scale level of noise and mayhem tonight... just saying.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The dentist will piss his pants attempting to kick or win under the Richter scale level of noise and mayhem tonight... just saying.
There will be no noise if he is in the game. Well, except the idiot Noles...

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not this bad I have been watching UF kickers since Posey in the early 70's.

Hardin cannot get hardly any height on his kicks. We sat in the north endzone and watched him kick. He seems more worried about distance than getting the ball up.

The dentist in the other hand..... We watched him warm up prior to the 2nd half. One thing he did do was get serious height on the ball once if left his foot.

We need to let him have a legit shot at kicking some. Can't be any worse and definitely he can kick it over the LOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Posy was good, and a kid named Buster I think I remember. Did Shane Edge and Judd Davis have any football playing kids?
Bayergator

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kicking game, what kicking game?

:headslap:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
jim-mora-playoffs-o.gif

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was watching The Dentist as much as I could during warmups, and he was straight up bombing kicks from 45 and in. High, straight, down the middle kicks. So I'm not sure why he isn't out there.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was watching The Dentist as much as I could during warmups, and he was straight up bombing kicks from 45 and in. High, straight, down the middle kicks. So I'm not sure why he isn't out there.

I think that he was really trying to save Hardin's mental state. I think he's now abandoned that

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator