too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What's really stood out to is just how hot Carmen Electra still is

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Just caught up. Documentaries like these usually have me looking at my phone half the time, but I'm enjoying this and no need for distractions.
Glad to see they showed the "glory era" of my Charlotte Hornets (version 1.0) before the owner chickened out and moved to Nawlins.

I live in NC and remember that. They had some great teams with LJ, Alonzo, Muggs, etc.

Moving basketball out of Charlotte, NC, the center of basketball for the Carolinas, for NO was absolutely a horrible decision.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I live in NC and remember that. They had some great teams with LJ, Alonzo, Muggs, etc.

Moving basketball out of Charlotte, NC, the center of basketball for the Carolinas, for NO was absolutely a horrible decision.
Louisiana is always a horrible decision.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014

Then we got stuck with that abomination known as the "Bob"cats for almost a decade. I guess it's better to have a crappy team to call your own then none at all.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Defense was actually played, and Jordan still always got his 30+ a game. He’d average 50 points today.

Actually not true. Because of the lack of defense the league gravitated towards thug ball that nearly killed the game. If not for the Bulls....who actually did play real defense...the 90’s would have been identical to the 70’s. Low scoring and boring. MJ saved what Magic and Bird created.

There were some exceptional defensive players like MJ , Pippen, Rodman, Payton, Alvin Robertson, etc. but most teams were far from defensive stalwarts. They confused fouling with defense. The Bulls exploited that mentality and never looked back.

Playoff games struggling to score 150 points collectively was going to eventually destroy the league.
MJ would average 40+ today but I doubt 50.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This documentary was excellent but it was an example of the old adage that “The victors get to write the history.”
Much of this was nothing more than how MJ wants to remember how everything happened and enabled him to take shots at who he wanted to without the opportunity for rebuttal.

MJ continues to be the greatest ever on the court but he lands in nobody’s hall of fame as a person.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Actually not true. Because of the lack of defense the league gravitated towards thug ball that nearly killed the game. If not for the Bulls....who actually did play real defense...the 90’s would have been identical to the 70’s. Low scoring and boring. MJ saved what Magic and Bird created.

There were some exceptional defensive players like MJ , Pippen, Rodman, Payton, Alvin Robertson, etc. but most teams were far from defensive stalwarts. They confused fouling with defense. The Bulls exploited that mentality and never looked back.

Playoff games struggling to score 150 points collectively was going to eventually destroy the league.
MJ would average 40+ today but I doubt 50.
This may be the worst take on the NBA I've ever seen. Magic and Bird created low-scoring thug ball? :crazy: You evidently never saw the crazy scores in mid-80's NBA, especially from the Lakers. Sure the league was physical, but it was DETROIT that created the thug-foul style starting in the early to mid-80's (when they added Laimbeer in '82 and Mahorn in '85), not Magic and Bird.

I still prefer that style of ball over the garbage we see now. I can't watch the current NBA.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This documentary was excellent but it was an example of the old adage that “The victors get to write the history.”
Much of this was nothing more than how MJ wants to remember how everything happened and enabled him to take shots at who he wanted to without the opportunity for rebuttal.

MJ continues to be the greatest ever on the court but he lands in nobody’s hall of fame as a person.
Bull shcit. I like MJ even more now. I didn't realize he was a beer man. What's not to like about a beer drinking, cigar smoking golf course gambler? Not to mention he refused to endorse that guy running for office just because he was black. I personally thought he was a cool mother****er.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Since none of us know him personally, who gives a crap?

He had a gift and shared it with the world. We aren't having dinner with him.

Didn’t say I wanna have dinner with him and I acknowledged his greatness. I simply shared an observation based upon watching the documentary and following the comments from other players. The type of comment that most would simply let pass.

But because you are upset over the fact that I had the nerve to disagree with you I get a snarky response.

Whatever Ox. I won’t mention MJ again

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t say I wanna have dinner with him and I acknowledged his greatness. I simply shared an observation based upon watching the documentary and following the comments from other players. The type of comment that most would simply let pass.

But because you are upset over the fact that I had the nerve to disagree with you I get a snarky response.

Whatever Ox. I won’t mention MJ again
DGD, snarky responses are the highlight of my day. Don't be so sensitive.

To me, it's like when someone says that Nick Saban is an ass. Do any of the Bama fans care that he's an ass? Of course not. Just entertain us and go away.

Now hit me back with some snark. I wanna see what you got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.