The Liquid-Fluoride Thorium Reactor (LFTR) Concept is our Future

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Truly, the only and best way for energy is nuclear. It’s not even a second guess.

Scientifically, it’s the only real solution. But you know how this country works. 100 years from now, they’ll be looking back in history laughing at our mistakes.... and windmills will be at the top of the list.

You guys parrot these lines because TPTW have led you down this path. Telsa had working ZPE models. Westinghouse wouldn't fund them because he stated he couldn't make money if the people could get free energy. Oil & nuclear industries have huge lobbying power and nothing at the moment will change the status quo. But this paradigm is in it's death throes, The Globalists are planning their Great Reset, and hoping to come out on top, but there are other factions in play that will brush aside most of the current means of energy and power structures on this planet. I'd say in the 20 to 25 year period, oil, nuclear,, coal, will be relics of the past.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
:facepalm:

Who’s going to tell him? :lol:

That you are a Nuke Engineer? Is that it?

Well I'm not a Nuke Scientist...I almost went into Nuke Med but that's another story...

I am a scientist...All I did was post some information. I've been pro-nuke since the 70's.

What scientist refuses to explore new/old theories or ideas?

If you are in the NUKE Industry?...What you are pushing today...ain't selling

But China is going forward.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
The utter lack of situational awareness in some people is breathtaking. Nicely done BTW :lol:

Well played? To y'all this is a game. Okay...you win.

I read stuff every day that goes nowhere but I am now looking into things that were overlooked...that have proven many years off "settled science" to be false.

Yeah, you are right nothing to see here. Tell it to Texas!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have a little knowledge of the nuclear industry.

But my sister only works at Bank of America.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I have a little knowledge of the nuclear industry.

But my sister only works at Bank of America.

So do you post in Sports? What not a coach?
How about Food? Do you have a degree in Culinary, Food Science or Nutrition?
Talk about the economy or business? And no MBA or Econ Degree?

I have one question...Why would China build one of these reactors?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Generation IV Nuclear Reactors: WNA - World Nuclear Association

This from the World Nuclear Association...But what do I know...I'm a UF Grad

For the MSR, no system arrangements have been signed, but a memorandum of understanding to allow for collaborative R&D by interested members has been signed by Euratom, France, Russia, Switzerland, Canada, USA and Australia. China, Japan and Korea are observers. Terrestrial Energy joined it in 2019 after two years with observer status. There will be a long lead time to prototypes, and the R&D orientation has changed since the project was set up, due to increased interest. It now has two baseline concepts:

• The Molten Salt Fast Neutron Reactor (MSFR), which will take in thorium fuel cycle, recycling of actinides, closed Th/U fuel cycle with no U enrichment, with enhanced safety and minimal wastes.
The main research needs, according to the China Academy of Sciences, which leads world R&D on them, are fuel treatment, materials and reliability.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So do you post in Sports? What not a coach?
How about Food? Do you have a degree in Culinary, Food Science or Nutrition?
Talk about the economy or business? And no MBA or Econ Degree?

I have one question...Why would China build one of these reactors?

I graduated from UF with a Bachelors in Nuclear Engineering and a Masters in Nuclear Engineering. I am a board certified radiation physicist. I designed nuclear fuel and reactor cores for many years. I am the biggest proponent of nuclear power.

I have no knowledge of China's regulatory machine... but I know ours with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Our current fuel cycle of mining uranium and getting into our reactors is a VERY well understood business model that has been plugging along for 50 years now. You are now talking about live/constant re-fueling, with fissile material mixed with molten salt, and constantly "cleaning" it, and adding to it, along with all the stuff that is generated during fission, not to mention this is breeder reactor so you have to weapons grade plutonium available to get it going... and you think that'll have LESS government regulation than our current process? Or that any US politician will convince their voters that such a reactor should be built in their backyard? Even if it was the perfect reactor design concept.... it'll never happen in our country during our lifetime.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I graduated from UF with a Bachelors in Nuclear Engineering and a Masters in Nuclear Engineering. I am a board certified radiation physicist. I designed nuclear fuel and reactor cores for many years. I am the biggest proponent of nuclear power.

I have no knowledge of China's regulatory machine... but I know ours with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Our current fuel cycle of mining uranium and getting into our reactors is a VERY well understood business model that has been plugging along for 50 years now. You are now talking about live/constant re-fueling, with fissile material mixed with molten salt, and constantly "cleaning" it, and adding to it, along with all the stuff that is generated during fission, not to mention this is breeder reactor so you have to weapons grade plutonium available to get it going... and you think that'll have LESS government regulation than our current process? Or that any US politician will convince their voters that such a reactor should be built in their backyard? Even if it was the perfect reactor design concept.... it'll never happen in our country during our lifetime.

And I NEVER questioned your "knowledge". I posted a concept that was discovered at Oak Ridge, shown to me by a former Nuke Engineer and is now being talked about again. Much of what was proposed...to me makes sense.

I posted it here and how do y'all respond? I read bogus material in my field all the time. Much of it put out by the Universities and Government be because it is backed by BIG MONEY.

One example...Did you know hemp produces a far better better paper than wood? It grows faster and can produce 6x more cellulose and is much easier to grow than wood. It can be grown on very marginal soil. It was also a main industrial crop in the 1700's. The Constitution was written on "hemp Paper".

So why did it disappear? Hearst and Dupont to name a few...follow the money.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And I NEVER questioned your "knowledge". I posted a concept that was discovered at Oak Ridge, shown to me by a former Nuke Engineer and is now being talked about again. Much of what was proposed...to me makes sense.

I posted it here and how do y'all respond? I read bogus material in my field all the time. Much of it put out by the Universities and Government be because it is backed by BIG MONEY.

One example...Did you know hemp produces a far better better paper than wood? It grows faster and can produce 6x more cellulose and is much easier to grow than wood. It can be grown on very marginal soil. It was also a main industrial crop in the 1700's. The Constitution was written on "hemp Paper".

So why did it disappear? Hearst and Dupont to name a few...follow the money.

You are arguing with the boogieman. I'm on your side. Our current nuclear infrastructure is held together with bandaids. Original operating licenses were granted for 40 years. New plants of our currently accepted design would costs MANY billions to build. Therefore, they have played some number magic to convince the regulators that another 10 or 20 years can be squeezed out of currently operating plants. Once those are up, nuclear is dead in this country. It's not a matter of science or even common sense. The public has to be educated on their safety and accept it. And the general population in this country is sadly a giant collection of idiots.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Yeah but have you ever seen any good Jack Nicholson movies?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Urban legend.

Declaration, Constitution, BoR, etc. all written on parchment.

Though a lot of the paper used back then was made from hemp.

Alex.

I ran across an interesting story years ago on why hemp was banned. It was in direct competition with Hearst and DuPont businesses and they lobbied to make hemp illegal. Hearst and DuPont made a fortune off this.

Here’s one version if you Google it.

How Marijuana Became Illegal

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
You are arguing with the boogieman. I'm on your side. Our current nuclear infrastructure is held together with bandaids. Original operating licenses were granted for 40 years. New plants of our currently accepted design would costs MANY billions to build. Therefore, they have played some number magic to convince the regulators that another 10 or 20 years can be squeezed out of currently operating plants. Once those are up, nuclear is dead in this country. It's not a matter of science or even common sense. The public has to be educated on their safety and accept it. And the general population in this country is sadly a giant collection of idiots.

And I find it sad...I feel Nuke is a huge benefit and our future

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Urban legend.

Declaration, Constitution, BoR, etc. all written on parchment.

Though a lot of the paper used back then was made from hemp.

Alex.

Hemp is a weed and can grow almost anywhere.

And it produces a high quality cellulose and is easy to process.

It is also an awesome nontoxic insulation.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I ran across an interesting story years ago on why hemp was banned. It was in direct competition with Hearst and DuPont businesses and they lobbied to make hemp illegal. Hearst and DuPont made a fortune off this.

Here’s one version if you Google it.

How Marijuana Became Illegal
Hard to take an article about cannabis seriously when the author's name is "Bud Fairy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.