The makings of something special next year are showing flashes

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
291 yards today rushing. Johnson and ETN are a two headed monster. If AR stays we could see something special on offense next year. Yes this was a bad A&M team. But the talent in the two backs and AR's legs is undeniable. Then there is the defense. Theres still major issues, but that 2nd half flipped a switch. Maybe cox being gone is addition by subtraction.

This year was always going to be ugly, but at this point I definitely expect a marked improvement in all phases next year. Not a championship team mind you. 10 wins is possible to me

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Calm Down Fox Tv GIF by Family Guy

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Did anyone catch the D Line stunt with Big Des?
That was funny as hell.
He ended up running free to the QB, and King threw it away.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Did anyone catch the D Line stunt with Big Des?
That was funny as hell.
He ended up running free to the QB, and King threw it away.

I think it’s important to remember that a kid like Dez really shouldn’t be playing that many meaningful snaps. I get pissed at times at how we look, and I appreciate his efforts, but he’s not an every down SEC DT.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I think it’s important to remember that a kid like Dez really shouldn’t be playing that many meaningful snaps. I get pissed at times at how we look, and I appreciate his efforts, but he’s not an every down SEC DT.
Yeah, As much as I would love for him to evolve in to a "Mount Cody", I'm not sure he's more than a Gimmick at this point.
I watch him alot.
He normally just stands up the Guard and holds his space. No real push into the backfield or no real influence on the play.
If he's serious about his career, he needs to drop about 50 to 75 lbs., and get real with his coaching and learn what his position is all about.

TheMarylandGator

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2022
I'm reluctant to get excited. Feels like we have been through this before. I'm getting a little bit of "hope fatigue". However, seeing them turn what looks like a corner a game and half ago was very encouraging. They appear to have had either a light bulb go off, or an impediment removed from their play.

I will say this though. IF AR comes back, we need to set him up for success. We need to encourage and allow him to run more frequently. This will be key to our offensive success. This means we will need a reliable, serviceable back-up that they have high confidence in.

Okay, this will be one serious sport post for the remainder of the year. I allow myself one, maybe two per quarter.

If you like this content and want to see more, don't forget to smash that like button. It helps with the algorithm. #winkyface

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, As much as I would love for him to evolve in to a "Mount Cody", I'm not sure he's more than a Gimmick at this point.
I watch him alot.
He normally just stands up the Guard and holds his space. No real push into the backfield or no real influence on the play.
If he's serious about his career, he needs to drop about 50 to 75 lbs., and get real with his coaching and learn what his position is all about.
He'll get there. I'm absolutely astounded by how long he holds up carrying his current weight. That requires determination. If he can avoid Dunkin Doughnuts and Dominoes he should be fine. Dropping weight will give him much more energy. If he can demand a double that really opens thing up for the Dline, LBs and CBs. He has the frame.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I'm reluctant to get excited. Feels like we have been through this before. I'm getting a little bit of "hope fatigue". However, seeing them turn what looks like a corner a game and half ago was very encouraging. They appear to have had either a light bulb go off, or an impediment removed from their play.

I will say this though. IF AR comes back, we need to set him up for success. We need to encourage and allow him to run more frequently. This will be key to our offensive success. This means we will need a reliable, serviceable back-up that they have high confidence in.

Okay, this will be one serious sport post for the remainder of the year. I allow myself one, maybe two per quarter.
I'm the same. Tired of feeling like
Charlie Brown Football GIF

The team seems to have turned a corner ... but I'm determined to remain neutral this season. My eyes are on ESD.

If AR comes back this team could be special next year.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

If you like this content and want to see more, don't forget to smash that like button. It helps with the algorithm. #winkyface
I smashed your mother’s button

TheMarylandGator

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2022

:bananaburn:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll probably go into next season with less hope than I have in a while. Feels bad man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.