The Matt Jones Thread

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So when opposing fans ask us "who's your #1 RB?" (esp. the Poodles up here who have the "Gurley-man" man crush) we just tell them, "we don't have one #1 RB, we have TWO #1s" :lol:

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator said:
So when opposing fans ask us "who's your #1 RB?" (esp. the Poodles up here who have the "Gurley-man" man crush) we just tell them, "we don't have one #1 RB, we have TWO #1s" :lol:
They've already cleared a spot off near Herschel's trophy. I seem to remember another RB they had a crush on until he met Channing Crowder one fine day in Jax!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:
Good start against a totally outmatched team. Temper your excitement is what my wife told me.
What do you do with an Erection that last for more than an hour?

Keep on smiling!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He did alright in the 2nd half with some early contact but we will see what happens against a good SEC defense - he just doesn't have enough vision when things are tight going and doesn't run that heavy for being 235 imo

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Gator Fever;n49899 said:
He did alright in the 2nd half with some early contact but we will see what happens against a good SEC defense - he just doesn't have enough vision when things are tight going and doesn't run that heavy for being 235 imo

We don't have Matt Jones tonight, we don't win the game. Period.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator;n49917 said:

You don't know that - Taylor might have busted off some runs. We play Bama next week we will see how he does if the going is tight.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator;n49917 said:

I agree. He ran hard and wore down that defense at the end of the game.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n49922 said:
You don't know that - Taylor might have busted off some runs. We play Bama next week we will see how he does if the going is tight.

Taylor hit a wall almost every time he had an opportunity. Probably the reason we didn't see much of him. Meanwhile Jones moved the pile, repeatedly, and surprise surprise, he hit the right holes most of the night. Taylor is talented, but man give Jones his due tonight..he earned it!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator;n49870 said:
MATT JONES RAN LIKE A MAN TONIGHT!!!
You a relative? If not, your obsession is a bit creepy. :nutswinger:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jones doesn't have good moves in tight fits but he did run over them some late but not that great for a 235 pounder. He runs light for his size.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
oxrageous;n49973 said:
You a relative? If not, your obsession is a bit creepy. :nutswinger:

He's a Gator isn't he? I'm just proud of the guy because of all he went through last season, and all the crap he caught on this board before the season. He proved himself tonight.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I was very pleased with Jones tonight. Seemed like he got better as the game went on. This year he looks more solid and physical. I hope he keeps growing through this season.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n49974 said:
Jones doesn't have good moves in tight fits but he did run over them some late but not that great for a 235 pounder. He runs light for his size.

Serious question...do you even watch the games? Is there someone else named Jones that you're watching, because the Jones I saw, hit the holes and moved the pile repeatedly. Turned 2-3 yard gains into 5-8 yard gains....seriously bro, what's with the distaste with Jones with you? Really what the **** does the guy have to do?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator;n49977 said:
He's a Gator isn't he? I'm just proud of the guy because of all he went through last season, and all the crap he caught on this board before the season. He proved himself tonight.

:rainbow:

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
URGatorBait;n49981 said:
Serious question...do you even watch the games? Is there someone else named Jones that you're watching, because the Jones I saw, hit the holes and moved the pile repeatedly. Turned 2-3 yard gains into 5-8 yard gains....seriously bro, what's with the distaste with Jones with you? Really what the **** does the guy have to do?

Great post. :clap:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n49981 said:

Yes I watch them and that is where it stuck out on the offensive plays only videos - he needs a clear hole usually or space to kick it outside while Taylor will make things happen in tight space. He did run over KY some late in the middle but he runs light for a big back. Georgias and Bamas RBs would have still been running on many of his runs against KY late.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n49991 said:
Yes I watch them and that is where it stuck out on the offensive plays only videos - he needs a clear hole usually or space to kick it outside while Taylor will make things happen in tight space. He did run over KY some late in the middle but he runs light for a big back. Georgias and Bamas RBs would have still been running on many of his runs against KY late.

LOL, dude you're so on Taylor's junk it's not even funny. Tell me something about Jones, but to pretend that Taylor would have done better is just stupid. Taylor didn't do better because he couldn't do better. Taylor did almost nothing tonight, because he couldn't. Taylor couldn't run it up the middle against UK tonight, Jones did, end of story!
Not only did Jones make things happen in tight space, he did it ALL NIGHT LONG!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.