The Matt Jones Thread

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n49994 said:
LOL, dude you're so on Taylor's junk it's not even funny. Tell me something about Jones, but to pretend that Taylor would have done better is just stupid. Taylor didn't do better because he couldn't do better. Taylor did almost nothing tonight, because he couldn't. Taylor couldn't run it up the middle against UK tonight, Jones did, end of story!
Not only did Jones make things happen in tight space, he did it ALL NIGHT LONG!

No I just don't think Jones is that good based on observation.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We don't win tonight if we don't have Matt Jones fever. I think you need to give it up. Maybe avoid this conversation as much as you can dude

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
We don't win tonight if we don't have Matt Jones fever. I think you need to give it up. Maybe avoid this conversation as much as you can dude
:exactly:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Give up what - I don't think he is a good instinctive runner. Maybe he will surprise me when we play the better defenses coming up and does good when we haven't Jumbo packaged them into submission.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Gator Fever;n50021 said:
Give up what - I don't think he is a good instinctive runner. Maybe he will surprise me when we play the better defenses coming up and does good when we haven't Jumbo packaged them into submission.

We ran out of the shotgun all damn day for God's sakes!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
Yep when you can drive a truck through the hole he is deadly.
Kid rushed for 150 tonight. Sorry, but I didn't see all of those truck-sized holes on every carry. Glad to have him on that last OT possession. Agree...your agenda(s) are poorly disguised.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I was knocking Jones prior to UK too....but will gladly admit I was WRONG. Dude was beastly last night. Major props to him, he looked like a lesser version of Marshawn Lynch! While I love KT, I had no issue riding with Jones at all. Hats off to him!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
Gator Fever;n49991 said:
Yes I watch them and that is where it stuck out on the offensive plays only videos - he needs a clear hole usually or space to kick it outside while Taylor will make things happen in tight space. He did run over KY some late in the middle but he runs light for a big back. Georgias and Bamas RBs would have still been running on many of his runs against KY late.

LOL, dude you're so on Taylor's junk it's not even funny. Tell me something about Jones, but to pretend that Taylor would have done better is just stupid. Taylor didn't do better because he couldn't do better. Taylor did almost nothing tonight, because he couldn't. Taylor couldn't run it up the middle against UK tonight, Jones did, end of story!
Not only did Jones make things happen in tight space, he did it ALL NIGHT LONG!
Last edited by NavetG8r; Today, 05:16 PM. Reason: URG, if you're going to say something you know dang well shouldn't be said on a family friendly message board, at least attempt to disguise it.

Navet, if the word is not blocked by the system, then I have no reason to assume there is an issue with it. That said, I have no problem with you changing it to junk. :wink:

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
First off they stopped running Taylor because of his back after the spear. Secondly Fever if you can't admit that Jones ran fast and hard last night I don't know what to say. He made his own holes and pushed the pile time after time.Time to give the BS a rest man.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Matt had a very, very good game last night. I'm confident with Jones or Taylor running the ball, they're both terrific choices.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
Yep when you can drive a truck through the hole he is deadly.
Agreed Cover2, I didn't see them either. He made most of them himself.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:
Good start against a totally outmatched team. Temper your excitement is what my wife told me.
Call everyone and brag.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
Jones doesn't have good moves in tight fits but he did run over them some late but not that great for a 235 pounder. He runs light for his size.
business-commerce-get_a_grip-vending_machine-handshakes-being_in_control-businessman-cwln3737_low.jpg

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I saw something from Jones Saturday night that I for one hadn't noticed as much - a leader. He has had the talent, but he cast a leadership shadow on that field to his teammates that won't be forgotten easily. The 1-2 combo of Jones and Taylor this year is going to be fun to watch.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I want to like him more, but I just don't like his running style. That being said, it's good to have him as a 1a or 1b.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n51045 said:
I want to like him more, but I just don't like his running style. That being said, it's good to have him as a 1a or 1b.

I believe it's not good to have RB's that are all alike. You want them to have different attributes. Jones isn't the fastest guy on the field, but he has decent speed, and seemingly great power. He falls forward most of the time, and he's constantly moving the pile. He's not the most shifty of backs, but he can move a little when needed. Taylor has good speed, and is more shifty. He is powerful, but not as powerful as Jones. I think they complement each other nicely, and it's just plain stupid to shoot either one of them down.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to say Matt Jones looks more like the real deal this year. He's running with power I hadn't seen in the past and showing more vision too. Can you imagine a Matt Jones with Kelvin's natural running ability? Oh my, that would be an unstoppable force.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n50021 said:
dude you are fighting a losing battle and only making yourself look worse with each comment. Jones ran like a beast against UK. Right up the middle every time and they knew it was coming. They stacked the box and he just plowed right into them and ran over and through them. Taylor was dancing way too much against UK and Jones plowed right through them. Without Jones we don't win that game. End of story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.