The Matt Jones Thread

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Jones is coming off a season ending injury. So he's in a testing-learning phase and doing great = 100+ yards pounding
the middle. Taylor with his side-glide will get tacklers shifting sideways allowing us to hit their matador-like arm tackles
busting through with Jones. Let's wait to see how the combo works. I still want to see what a bowling ball Adam Lane is.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting article on 24/7 today. Evidently they've been tracking broken tackles since 2011. On Saturday Jones broke 16 tackles, that's twice as many as Gilly did in any game in 2012( not to put down Gilly at all), and 100 out of Joneses 156 yds came after contact. Not to belabor but I will, that is a monster output no matter what else you think. Have to agree with what Rog said also, we've got IMO a real good menu of options as far as the Rb's are concerned.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n51346 said:
Interesting article on 24/7 today. Evidently they've been tracking broken tackles since 2011. On Saturday Jones broke 16 tackles, that's twice as many as Gilly did in any game in 2012( not to put down Gilly at all), and 100 out of Joneses 156 yds came after contact. Not to belabor but I will, that is a monster output no matter what else you think. Have to agree with what Rog said also, we've got IMO a real good menu of options as far as the Rb's are concerned.

Not possible. We have already been told that he can't make a good run unless he runs through an open hole untouched. :headshake:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n51347 said:
Not possible. We have already been told that he can't make a good run unless he runs through an open hole untouched. :headshake:
:exactly:
Clearly Sonomagator is a pumper.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n51346 said:

This can't be true Fever says that Jones just falls down whenever somebody comes close to him. I am going to trust Fever over what everybody else saw on the field and the stats actually say..

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator said:
sonomagator;n51346 said:

This can't be true Fever says that Jones just falls down whenever somebody comes close to him. I am going to trust Fever over what everybody else saw on the field and the stats actually say..
:popcorn:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator said:
sonomagator;n51346 said:

:burn:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator said:
sonomagator;n51346 said:

:lmao:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did you see that massive hole that Jones ran through on that play? Nobody was even close to him. And then he goes down so easily once the tackler laid a figure on him. Please bench this guy!!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n51385 said:
Did you see that massive hole that Jones ran through on that play? Nobody was even close to him. And then he goes down so easily once the tackler laid a figure on him. Please bench this guy!!
That was such a huge hole he got hit 4 yards after the LOS...so how did he get 17 yards downfield if he always falls down with no contact???

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n51385 said:

Taylor would have taken it to the house.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They haven't allowed a rush td yet and have allowed 141 rush yards this year.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n51401 said:
How is Bama's run defense?

They gave up 207 yards passing on 37 attempts and 56 yards rushing on 18 attempts against Southern Miss

88 yards passing on 19 attempts and 57 yards rushing on 24 attempts against Florida Atlantic

365 yards passing on 45 attempts and 28 yards rushing on 24 attempts against West Virginia.

So passing they are giving up 4.75 yards per pass attempt (not completions)
And rushing they are giving up 2.14 yards per rushing attempt.

Mind you, they haven't faced a solid rushing team yet. They did give up a lot of yards passing to WV.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Solid game by MJ. Likely not the last time this season we'll need one of our backs to step and carry us practically alone. I prefer KT, but Jones was great.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
bradgator2;n51401 said:

They gave up 207 yards passing on 37 attempts and 56 yards rushing on 18 attempts against Southern Miss

88 yards passing on 19 attempts and 57 yards rushing on 24 attempts against Florida Atlantic

365 yards passing on 45 attempts and 28 yards rushing on 24 attempts against West Virginia.

Mind you, they haven't faced a solid rushing team yet. They did give up a lot of yards passing to WV.
Thank you sir. I should have looked that up. It's Monday and my head is still in a fog.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
bradgator2;n51401 said:

It's cool. I was a little curious myself.

O

OnlyGatorz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
Yep when you can drive a truck through the hole he is deadly.
There were no holes. He had to hit someone right at the line or shortly after. A bunch of 2nd effort there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator