The Mystery of McElwain Revealed...

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alright, a day after our poor showing in Jacksonville, I was thinking about a lot of things where our Gators are concerned and took a minute to check on the Nole$ at Warchant (this was before the Taggart announcement). Even though it felt kinda like turning to a hooker after a fight with your missus, I sought a little solace from a bunch that I knew were hurting worse than us. A post in the "FSU v UM vent thread" caught my eye.

Before I show you, it's important to know that part of my malaise was connected to the mess left behind by one Jim "Butters" McElwain. While he's gone from Gainesville, there's little argument that his stench still lingers. But is he really gone? There may be evidence to the contrary:

Florida looked every bit as inept two seasons ago, when they got rid of the swamp donkey. They hired a decent coach - certainly not a guy who had absolutely overwhelming success in his prior job - yet they are competitive with most everyone already. ~SeaPA, Veteran Seminole Insider

S.O.B. It all makes sense now and explains Law's often testy moods. I guess Butters isn't really gone at all. He's still with the Gators, just on the Cyber-Coaching staff!

:)

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Alright, a day after our poor showing in Jacksonville, I was thinking about a lot of things where our Gators are concerned and took a minute to check on the Nole$ at Warchant (this was before the Taggart announcement). Even though it felt kinda like turning to a hooker after a fight with your missus, I sought a little solace from a bunch that I knew were hurting worse than us. A post in the "FSU v UM vent thread" caught my eye.

Before I show you, it's important to know that part of my malaise was connected to the mess left behind by one Jim "Butters" McElwain. While he's gone from Gainesville, there's little argument that his stench still lingers. But is he really gone? There may be evidence to the contrary:

Florida looked every bit as inept two seasons ago, when they got rid of the swamp donkey. They hired a decent coach - certainly not a guy who had absolutely overwhelming success in his prior job - yet they are competitive with most everyone already. ~SeaPA, Veteran Seminole Insider

S.O.B. It all makes sense now and explains Law's often testy moods. I guess Butters isn't really gone at all. He's still with the Gators, just on the Cyber-Coaching staff!

:)

:burn2:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
giphy.gif

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017

Nice detective work. Now if you can solve the really difficult mystery of Ox's Jekyll and Hyde bipolar disorder, You qualify for your PI license.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Careful cover, alleging one is, or is connected to, Butters is slander per se.

Keep an eye out for process servers, you’re about to get a donkey kick.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Yeah, and donkey has NEVER been guilty of slander here at the GCMB...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

We have some that are still connecting as often as possible.

They wont admit it anymore but we had people wildly flailing and screaming at the thought we Gidiots wanted him fired in Oct 2017.

Dooley knew all, and they were sure Butters was here a long, long time.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
InAllKindsOfWeather.com (@AllKindsWeather) tweeted at 11:36 AM on Mon, Nov 04, 2019:
Jim McElwain won more games in his first season at Florida (10) than Willie Taggart won at FSU, total (9).
()

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator