The National Signing Day Thread

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
He avg'ed the 25th rated classes over the last five yrs on RIVALS. You're full of crap. Stop the overcompensation. Stop the excuse making. The MSU myth has been dispelled. All that SEC money made even Starkville attractive to recruits(wanting to play in the SEC). I get you wanna prop the guy up as much as possible but good lord...Have some self respect. This why I loathed the pumpers.

WHy did he have a losing season last year? Care to take a stab at that one? Probably not.

lmao, jesus. Class rankings? really? You can load up on a position group and have a decent class ranking. Im talking about overall TEAM talent. Position by position. MSST doesnt light a match to Bama if we were to go down the roster position by position and you know it. And NO, 5 star QB's, WR's and RB's are not going to Starkville MS with offers elsewhere. I grew up in Mississippi and ill tell you the place sucks. Not shi t to do around there at all.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Looks like we picked up Huggins, the no.32 ranked safety who decommitted from FSU. 6' 200 lbs

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He avg'ed the 25th rated classes over the last five yrs on RIVALS. You're full of crap. Stop the overcompensation. Stop the excuse making. The MSU myth has been dispelled. All that SEC money made even Starkville attractive to recruits(wanting to play in the SEC). I get you wanna prop the guy up as much as possible but good lord...Have some self respect. This why I loathed the pumpers.

WHy did he have a losing season last year? Care to take a stab at that one? Probably not.
The 25th ranked recruiting class might beat out vandy and arky. Thats about it as far as the sec goes, dude.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Already been anounced that Burney is gonna play linebacker

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Why don't you fckers go to one of the other 8 "Mullet sucks" threads to carry on this pissing contest? It would be nice to be able to read about some recruits without having to skim through 20 pages of non stop arguing about how Mullen is or isn't going to feature a forward pass in his offense.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Most coaches will tell you they hate defending the option, stretches you out sideline to sideline, and forces you to stay disciplined or bad things happen. Its funny the offense you say you hate so much is ran by HCs with pretty good records and have some rings on their fingers. If the offense wasnt viable, he wouldve been eaten alive at MSST with the low level talent he had, instead of producing guys like Dak and Fitz.

Most coaches might tell you they hate defending the option ONCE IN A WHILE. A steady dose of the option is great. They SEC turned the option offense into the sweep offense and both hit your QB on every play and used SEC speed to run down the sweep. That and an inability to come back when you are trailing late in a game is what killed the option particularly the wishbone or triple option in college.

Now are far as the spread option goes, it is not as option oriented in some forms. Still enough people have the on option play from the spread option in their play book that most teams are up to speed on defending it. So UF is not going to fool or surprise opponents with Mullen's offense. UF will need to execute to be productive with it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Here's who we've lost since the mullen hire

Dunlap to minnesota
Corral to ole miss
Thornton to baylor ( yes 2-10 baylor)
Bethel likely to go ucf.

I know there's more but i can't remember em all.

Sounds like we're letting guys go. Not sure why you guys are saying its a rough start to recruiting?
Also, its now pretty obvious now why we're struggling to win 4 games.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Hate to go off topic but in recruiting news:
http://www.gatorsports.com/2017/12/...mmits-ncaa-dead-period-uf-expects-sign-early/

However, perhaps the most significant news for the Gators, considering Corral’s de-commitment and the overall uncertainty at the position under Mullen, was the surprise arrival of five-star dual-threat quarterback Emory Jones.
The Franklin, Ga., native has been verbally committed to Ohio State since July of 2016, but sources close to Jones indicate the 6-foot-2 quarterback prefers to stay closer to home. And it helps that Jones’ family has long been a fan of UF, too.While Jones did make a trip Saturday night to Florida State, those close to Jones believe he felt pressured to give FSU a fair evaluation under new coach Willie Taggart, who believes Jones is the ideal quarterback to run the high-octane offense he envisions running in Tallahassee.

As if that weren’t enough for Florida fans to keep track of, Wednesday also marks the first day for junior college transfers to sign letters of intent to become mid-year transfers. If Mullen’s previous recruiting cycles are any indication, the Gators will likely be in for some surprise additions in the next 72 hours.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Here's who we've lost since the mullen hire

Dunlap to minnesota
Corral to ole miss
Thornton to baylor ( yes 2-10 baylor)
Bethel likely to go ucf.

I know there's more but i can't remember em all.

Sounds like we're letting guys go. Not sure why you guys are saying its a rough start to recruiting?
Also, its now pretty obvious now why we're struggling to win 4 games.

Exactly, not like these guys are flipping to OSU,Texas and Bama.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Why don't you fckers go to one of the other 8 "Mullet sucks" threads to carry on this pissing contest? It would be nice to be able to read about some recruits without having to skim through 20 pages of non stop arguing about how Mullen is or isn't going to feature a forward pass in his offense.

I think the Mary wise thread is the only one that hasn’t turned into our normal coach ______. Sucks.
Probably because law hasn’t read it yet.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah we're definitely letting some of them go. Some of those parts just don't fit, and this quite telling that no one else seems to want them.

If we were to land Jones, it will be a huge coup. Even more than Smart keeping Eason.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I’ll continue to say anyone who insists on infusing every comment with either “pumper” or “ dumper” sounds like they are in the 7th grade. Sorry to offend, it’s just brutal.

As to your belief that the MSU myth has been dispelled, you yourself had no answer for my very detailed post. A 25th ranking might be ok if you aren’t playing teams every week who were nearly all ahead of you each season. For that matter, we averaged around 15 or so with McElwain and many claim it’s the least talented roster we’ve had since the 70s. Now somehow 25th is acceptable and able to take a serious swing at teams with top 5 classes?

Based on talent alone, he should’ve been in some of the games against Lsu, Ala and Aub, with the occasional upset. He did exactly that. We can debate the hire all day, but there’s zero counter on that. Ive said before, I really think some here struggle with how to effectively lose an argument.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.